Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7669 7670 [7671] 7672 7673 ... 8153

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 8474440 times)

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #115050 on: December 16, 2018, 02:28:03 pm »

You know, perhaps noone cares about the life and times of Youtubers, but I'm crushed that the Super Best Friends are breaking up.

And I was hoping it was a joke video. Had me close to fucking tears by the end.
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

A Thing

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm here for ya, kid.
    • View Profile
« Reply #115051 on: December 16, 2018, 03:16:52 pm »

You know, perhaps noone cares about the life and times of Youtubers, but I'm crushed that the Super Best Friends are breaking up.

And I was hoping it was a joke video. Had me close to fucking tears by the end.

Well that was sudden and sad. I don't think I've watched a full lp of theirs for a while, but the podcast I've listened to for years. They introduced me to some cool stuff I'd probably never of known about otherwise (such as Persona, the thing the guy in my avatar is from.)

All good things come to an end or something like that right?
Wasteland 1 & 2
"Power Couple: Markus Athing & Cyborg 45"

Makes me curious, can cyborgs have future babies too?
On the offchance they can, I know who I want my daddy to be
(finished)Age of Decadence

ggamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Reach Heaven through Violence
    • View Profile
« Reply #115052 on: December 16, 2018, 09:07:59 pm »

Insert typical "blah blah i was depressed and they helped me through it" comment here. Genuinely, these goofball assholes made me feel like I had friends even when nobody wanted to talk to me about my weird anime bullshit or my, uh, anything, really. Whether it was something I watched intently like their shitstorms/Yakuza playthroughs or any of the other billion hours of content they made I'd have playing in the background, I've easily consumed thousands of hours of content from them. I started watching them when I was 15, and i'm 22 now. wow.

well, what's one more depressing thing to shit onto the trash fire that is 2018?

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #115053 on: December 17, 2018, 06:29:09 am »

Honestly, more saddening than the dissolution of the channel/Zaibatsu, is the idea that Matt and Pat simply don't want to be friends with each other anymore.

A user on reddit summed up my thoughts on it best, saying: "I'd happily sacrifice any chance of the Zaibatsu getting back together if it means Matt and Pat reconcile in private." Very heavily paraphrased.
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
  • System Lord and Hanslanda lees evil twin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #115054 on: December 17, 2018, 06:39:56 am »

The city cut the water supply Friday afternoon and it was supposed to be a 48 hours cut for some maintenance. It's moonday morning and we are still without water...

Guess who's going reeking like dead seagulls to work today?

I mean, we save up some used baby wipes (which we wash when only pee was involved) and they were of great help, but is not really a bath either. Soon well have to don huge wigs, full collars and heavy makeup with tons of musk to hide our odors.
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #115055 on: December 17, 2018, 09:51:42 am »

Try this with an elevated command prompt.

DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth

This will likely take a very long time to complete; It tells windows to check EVERYTHING, and then try to fix it.  DISM is the big brother to SFC (system File Checker).  If there is silliness in your winsxs folder, this is the way to fix it.

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #115056 on: December 17, 2018, 01:03:31 pm »

-snip-
« Last Edit: January 18, 2019, 03:18:09 pm by dragdeler »
let

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
  • System Lord and Hanslanda lees evil twin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #115057 on: December 17, 2018, 04:00:34 pm »

Wtf are you talking about? Quick exits of any kind lack dignity. You'll pull through.
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #115058 on: December 17, 2018, 11:46:56 pm »

-snip-
« Last Edit: January 18, 2019, 03:17:52 pm by dragdeler »
let

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #115059 on: December 18, 2018, 01:28:54 am »

I think, when I have something in my life that I actually enjoy and that is easily within reach, I do way too much of it.
No, I'm not talking about alcohol or stuff like that. In this case it's Drawception. I've become obsessed with it lately, and I am so poor at time management that it has been pretty much all I do. I do the same thing with other videogames, but I've kept coming back to Drawception every so often for years now.

It'd be nice if I had a comfy reading chair in my room, then I could try and obsess over books for a while and actually knock out some of my to-read list...   

But yeah. Sitting and doing one thing all day at the expense of other things kinda doesn't make me feel particularly good. Ugh.
Time to exercise.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #115060 on: December 18, 2018, 08:36:40 am »

I'm basically never lonely, except for the rare occasion I'm super wiped out and in a weird headspace. Lately, though, I've been a bit lonely. Not for female company; nah, I just want kids. For some crazy reason. I struggle to imagine married life, but I'd totally be down to raise a child. It's really weird.

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #115061 on: December 18, 2018, 08:44:29 am »

It's your xeno genes telling you to implant a chest-burster.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #115062 on: December 18, 2018, 08:47:50 am »

I'm basically never lonely, except for the rare occasion I'm super wiped out and in a weird headspace. Lately, though, I've been a bit lonely. Not for female company; nah, I just want kids. For some crazy reason. I struggle to imagine married life, but I'd totally be down to raise a child. It's really weird.
Adoption is a thing that exists.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #115063 on: December 18, 2018, 08:53:25 am »

Biology is important for some people though.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Cathar

• Bay Watcher
  • Competent Engraver
    • View Profile
    • My shit
« Reply #115064 on: December 18, 2018, 08:57:33 am »

Become gay, hire a surrogate mother, get baby, discover you are truely not gay after all. Done deal
Pages: 1 ... 7669 7670 [7671] 7672 7673 ... 8153