Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7670 7671 [7672] 7673 7674 ... 8153

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 8473836 times)

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #115065 on: December 18, 2018, 09:08:09 am »

Biology is important for some people though.
They are silly people.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #115066 on: December 18, 2018, 09:09:40 am »

Become gay, hire a surrogate mother, get baby, discover you are truely not gay after all. Done deal

Con: The mother would be the kind of woman who allows people to implant chest-bursters into her chest
Love, scriver~

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #115067 on: December 18, 2018, 09:12:16 am »

Biology is important for some people though.
They are silly people.
To clarify, it's important to me.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Cathar

• Bay Watcher
  • Competent Engraver
    • View Profile
    • My shit
« Reply #115068 on: December 18, 2018, 09:18:50 am »

Become gay, hire a surrogate mother, get baby, discover you are truely not gay after all. Done deal

Con: The mother would be the kind of woman who allows people to implant chest-bursters into her chest

The alternative is to impregnate a woman who'd go out with me and I don't trust the genetics of those people

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #115069 on: December 18, 2018, 09:25:27 am »

Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #115070 on: December 18, 2018, 09:33:18 am »

Why not? It's one of the main goal posts wired into us by biology - to have your own genetic offshoots.

More personally, I want my mum and dad's genes to survive, not to mention my own, and I want any inheritor of my family's wealth (however much or little that is) to go to someone who is linked to those who accrued it. For instance, the family farm has been in our family for four hundred odd years.

And, more personally still, I would find it easier to connect to my own biological child. It would not be impossible to connect to someone else's child - quite the contrary - but I feel it would be a connection of a slightly different sort.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
  • System Lord and Hanslanda lees evil twin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #115071 on: December 18, 2018, 09:43:56 am »

Having a kid is a life changing experience. I would guess is less stressful if you have enough resources, or if you are a slacker parent.

If I had to choose the best moment of my life it would have to be the first time I held peter in my arms.
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #115072 on: December 18, 2018, 09:45:47 am »

The alternative is to impregnate a woman who'd go out with me and I don't trust the genetics of those people

Indeed. That's the kind of severe cognitive defect you don't want to risk passing on.

In my case, I've got a genetic history of mental illness and cancer, not to mention horrible senses of humor.

Cathar

• Bay Watcher
  • Competent Engraver
    • View Profile
    • My shit
« Reply #115073 on: December 18, 2018, 09:48:27 am »

Indeed. That's the kind of severe cognitive defect you don't want to risk passing on.

In my case, I've got a genetic history of mental illness and cancer, not to mention horrible senses of humor.

And let's be real, would you have the mother of your kids to be a woman you'd fuck. That'd be gross and irresponsible

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #115074 on: December 18, 2018, 11:20:39 am »

... Wut.

Also my kid is smarter than me. And I have rather good genetics. Family history of hypertension and joint/spine cartilage degradation but otherwise nothing.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Cathar

• Bay Watcher
  • Competent Engraver
    • View Profile
    • My shit
« Reply #115075 on: December 18, 2018, 11:27:58 am »

twas a joke :U

I'm a ugly midget who lives under a rock and after having experienced marital bliss I'll pass on the spouse. But spreading my genes is something I want to do out of spite for humanity so I'm in a bit of a morale dilemna

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #115076 on: December 18, 2018, 12:05:17 pm »

And let's be real, would you have the mother of your kids to be a woman you'd fuck. That'd be gross and irresponsible
Not to mention unsanitary, and immoral!

It's no wonder kids are growing up to be the perverts they are when their very mothers are allowed to be present at their conception!

Cathar

• Bay Watcher
  • Competent Engraver
    • View Profile
    • My shit
« Reply #115077 on: December 18, 2018, 12:07:21 pm »

Not to mention, think of the children. How are you going to explain to them what you did to their mother

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #115078 on: December 18, 2018, 12:23:30 pm »

How I Storked Your Mother
Love, scriver~

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #115079 on: December 18, 2018, 12:45:49 pm »

-snip-
« Last Edit: January 18, 2019, 03:17:38 pm by dragdeler »
let
Pages: 1 ... 7670 7671 [7672] 7673 7674 ... 8153