Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7685 7686 [7687] 7688 7689 ... 8153

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 8471934 times)

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #115290 on: January 17, 2019, 01:32:08 am »

The video I’m thinking of is very unlikely to be on YouTube.

Still not clicking the link.
It's just some Phallut: Nude Veggies. Perfectly safe for work by Yuttub standards.

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
« Reply #115291 on: January 17, 2019, 02:10:13 pm »

Having had a good think about it, I think I'm just generally in a bit of a bad headspace, and I've no solid idea why.

I keep getting the occasional bouts of low-level anxiety, and as far as I'm aware it's not exam anxiety. Things I used to enjoy are feeling a bit... meh to me. I've had trouble sleeping. I'm feeling confident in myself and yet I've also re-developed my self consciousness. I'm full of energy, but not in a good way. It's more like I'm just restless.

I'm beginning to think I might have some sort of depression trying to sneak its way in right now. I'll see how it goes at the moment, if it decides to hang around or get worse I'm gonna go give the counselling service a ring.

'tis the season(al affective depression). My mother got me a giant bottle of vitamin D supplements for christmas (It was a weird year in the fish house, but a good one) and those seem to help boost my mood when I remember to take them regularly.

The weather (cold and overcast or rainy days specifically) really tanks my mood too I've been discovering. The best thing to do is probably keep aware of your emotions and find out when, if not why, your mood turns. It's, at least, helped me figure out why I feel like crap. Still have yet to figure out what to do about it.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #115292 on: January 17, 2019, 02:40:56 pm »

PRAISE.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #115293 on: January 17, 2019, 02:54:12 pm »

Watch it. Vitamin D overdoses are a thing. I'm assuming that they are OTC supplements which are practically a placebo. But if you got the real thing you can spike in days. And if you keep it up then weird shit can start to happen
There's two kinds of performance reviews: the one you make they don't read, the one they make whilst they sharpen their daggers
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
« Reply #115294 on: January 17, 2019, 03:00:15 pm »

Yeah it's OTC and the doses are in the micrograms. Something measured in 5,000 iu and I'm only taking 2/day. I take it Vitamin D is fat soluble? (I wouldn't be surprised since our bodies synthesize it from literally cholesterol)

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #115295 on: January 17, 2019, 04:14:45 pm »

You should probably take only 1 a day. Daily recommendation is between 1,000 and 4,000 iu, or up to 100mg.

I was found to be deficient a while back and got to take (I think) a 50k iu tablet once a week to boost it. Now I take the 5k once a day if I remember 'cause being outside is for people who actually enjoy it.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #115296 on: January 17, 2019, 07:16:06 pm »

I'm stocked up on 'Murican over the counter vitamin D, which at 2-3000 iu is roughly ten times the strength of prescription supplements here in Norway, which also happens to cost nearly five times as much as the American version.

Makes sense, right? Especially in a country with a perpetual epidemic of vitamin D deficiency in the populace...

It's probably just Big Cod Liver Oil doing its lobbying. That shit is a very important part of Norwegian cultural heritage and tradition.

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #115297 on: January 18, 2019, 01:27:44 pm »

I am healthy and ok and nobody has any idea what actually happened so I guess I'm fine?

Doctor was like "Yeah it's not doing it now, so.... call us"
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
  • System Lord and Hanslanda lees evil twin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #115298 on: January 18, 2019, 05:25:13 pm »

I have a molar broken all the way to the root. No wonder this week was so fucking heavy.

I have two options, remove it completely and deal with all my teeth moving to one side and losing my orthodontic treatment (which lasted about 8 years). Or remove the broken piece and have a reconstruction.

Removal is expensive because of the broken thing it makes it more difficult. Reconstruction is fucking expensive and it will require multiple visits and probably will have to be redone because of the materials. A everlasting rebuild would be fucking astronomical.

The third option is simply keep on with the pain until all inside die, hope it doesn't get infected and wait for the piece to fall on it's own, which is not recommended but its also free.

Hahahah I think I'll get an extraction perhaps.
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #115299 on: January 18, 2019, 07:30:22 pm »

I am healthy and ok and nobody has any idea what actually happened so I guess I'm fine?

Eat moar probiotics!
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #115300 on: January 18, 2019, 07:41:03 pm »

Eat moar probiotics!

I know I sound peeved but I am ok with this outcome.

No news is good news, as it were
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #115301 on: January 19, 2019, 07:45:55 am »

I have a molar broken all the way to the root. No wonder this week was so fucking heavy.

I have two options, remove it completely and deal with all my teeth moving to one side and losing my orthodontic treatment (which lasted about 8 years). Or remove the broken piece and have a reconstruction.

Removal is expensive because of the broken thing it makes it more difficult. Reconstruction is fucking expensive and it will require multiple visits and probably will have to be redone because of the materials. A everlasting rebuild would be fucking astronomical.

The third option is simply keep on with the pain until all inside die, hope it doesn't get infected and wait for the piece to fall on it's own, which is not recommended but its also free.

Hahahah I think I'll get an extraction perhaps.

Bro. I can mail you antibiotics if that helps. They're like 15USD at the feed store and I dunno how international postage works but if it's less than 50USD to ship there I'll do it.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #115302 on: January 19, 2019, 09:00:01 am »

Thanks hansa! I just got an extraction, since the thing was broken it was difficult to ensure nothing remained there. It coated the equivalent of 25$ which is like two months worth of my current salary. It was costly but I couldn't keep up with the pain, which makes me feel like a wus but my wife also insisted.

Thankfully the cost included the antibiotics for the recovery so its something less to worry.

Now, the doc says that there are "cheap" prosthetics which I could employ so the teeth don't slide all to one side, but it will be in two weeks after recovery when the real options can be discussed.
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #115303 on: January 19, 2019, 11:29:12 am »

...This page was already marked read, from before Hans posted.  I think that means some posts were removed.  Maybe old ones, likely at the poster's request, either way a little sad.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #115304 on: January 20, 2019, 10:16:26 pm »

This too shall pass.
Pages: 1 ... 7685 7686 [7687] 7688 7689 ... 8153