Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7715 7716 [7717] 7718 7719 ... 8153

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 8471830 times)

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #115740 on: April 10, 2019, 09:35:57 am »

Yeah, so, chick I've been falling hard for is apparently in a rambunctiously carnal relationship with her roommate. Fun.

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #115741 on: April 10, 2019, 11:34:30 am »

Yeah, so, chick I've been falling hard for is apparently in a rambunctiously carnal relationship with her roommate. Fun.
I mean, is it a romantic one?
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

NullForceOmega

• Bay Watcher
  • But, really, it's divine. Divinely tiresome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #115742 on: April 10, 2019, 11:43:00 am »

I certainly understand why that would be a dealbreaker if you were in an active relationship with her, but is it also a serious issue if you haven't yet initiated one?

You should at least try letting her know how you're feeling about her before you write it off entirely. Unless it is a dealbreaker for you, in which case, I'm sorry that you are feeling so emotionally beat-up by life lately.
Grey morality is for people who wish to avoid retribution for misdeeds.

NullForceOmega is an immortal neanderthal who has been an amnesiac for the past 5000 years.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #115743 on: April 10, 2019, 11:52:22 am »

I mean, is it a romantic one?
The two do kinda go hand-in-hand. And she's feeling open enough about this for me to find out about it via a public comment on Facebook joking about the proper breakfast accompaniment for morning sex.

I mean, it's not that it's a dealbreaker for me (even if it does complicate matters if something ever did happen), but it is confirmation that there's nothing mutual about my feelings for her.

EDIT: Currently attempting to melt my ears off as a means of dealing with the situation. I actually don't have much material stockpiled for these moments, so I'm just using the Doom2016 soundtrack.

NullForceOmega

• Bay Watcher
  • But, really, it's divine. Divinely tiresome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #115744 on: April 10, 2019, 11:54:21 am »

It isn't confirmation until you actually hear it directly in response to an actual conversation, really.  It does sound like they are in a relationship, but you won't know until you talk.

That said, I'd go into such a talk with full expectation of hearing exactly what you suspect, that she's in a relationship and happy with it.  But it causes no actual harm to talk to her about it.  Just emotional distress that is entirely temporary, and much healthier than brooding over it.
« Last Edit: April 10, 2019, 11:56:45 am by NullForceOmega »
Grey morality is for people who wish to avoid retribution for misdeeds.

NullForceOmega is an immortal neanderthal who has been an amnesiac for the past 5000 years.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #115745 on: April 10, 2019, 11:58:34 am »

It isn't confirmation until you actually hear it directly in response to an actual conversation, really.  It does sound like they are in a relationship, but you won't know until you talk.
I've asked her to give me a heads up when she's not busy. Of course, she's more or less always busy, so I don't know how well that's gonna go.

I figure, we've kept in fairly close contact for some time, and this hit does mean that I'm not going to be my usual chipper and supportive self. The least I owe her is an explanation of why I'm not going to be contacting her as much as usual.

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
« Reply #115746 on: April 10, 2019, 12:00:51 pm »

And besides, getting it off your chest does wonders for processing through it, at least that's what I've discovered. Makes getting closure a lot simpler when you get a "nah" usually.

PPE:
I've asked her to give me a heads up when she's not busy. Of course, she's more or less always busy, so I don't know how well that's gonna go.

I figure, we've kept in fairly close contact for some time, and this hit does mean that I'm not going to be my usual chipper and supportive self. The least I owe her is an explanation of why I'm not going to be contacting her as much as usual.
Yeah, give yourself some time to get over it if you'd want to maintain a friendship afterwards. Honestly I'm just glad to hear you're out of what sounded like a pretty abusive relationship.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #115747 on: April 10, 2019, 12:04:42 pm »

EDIT: Currently attempting to melt my ears off as a means of dealing with the situation. I actually don't have much material stockpiled for these moments, so I'm just using the Doom2016 soundtrack.

Pandora works wonders for that.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #115748 on: April 10, 2019, 12:08:36 pm »

After being wake up by the sound of what seemed was a intruder trying to break in, yesternight the wife and I had a talk. Under siege by mosquitoes in a pitch black room and a vaporous heat we whispered not to wake up Pedro. We are leaving, papers or not, we are leaving. I'll said it a hundred times, I'll be here until the day I can't. The Colombian consulate here close down it's doors and left the town (and probably the country) so we couldn't get pete passport.

We haven't figured out where to go, but we are leaving. The two options are either Colombia or Chile. I would love Canada but that would require so much money is mind boggling for us right now, also she doesn't talk either english or french so... also it's the fact we both have plenty of family and friends in Chile which might lend us a couch a few nights.

We'll sell everything we haven't already and gather the money, the only way to do it is thought land, it's a roughly seven day bus ride once we are in the border with Colombia. By land it like 300$ each, by air it would be at least double that and pete never got his passport so I think he can't travel by air.

Anyway, the days that follow will be beyond hectic and it probably take us months to gather everything but we are done. I feel like betraying my country, but I'm done.

Good luck, my friend. You must do what is best for you and your family, always. No need to feel bad about that.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #115749 on: April 10, 2019, 12:12:11 pm »

And besides, getting it off your chest does wonders for processing through it, at least that's what I've discovered. Makes getting closure a lot simpler when you get a "nah" usually.

PPE:

Yeah, give yourself some time to get over it if you'd want to maintain a friendship afterwards. Honestly I'm just glad to hear you're out of what sounded like a pretty abusive relationship.
That's the best part; I'm not yet, not officially. I'm trying to arrange a place for me to stay before I make the official break with my girlfriend, because I don't want to sleep on the street. So, since I'm not technically single and I have some pretty mean hangups about infidelity, I've been fighting my feelings for this other chick from the start. I also made sure not to do anything about them once it was clear I couldn't stave them off with logic and good intentions, because actually doing something about it while I'm still officially in a relationship with someone else would be wrong.

So I've basically just been sitting back, developing stronger and stronger feelings of longing, and trying to fight it all back until I could get free. She's within all rights to find someone else. Hell, a few months ago I was trying to HELP her find someone else in order to head my own feelings off at the pass. No dice.

To wrap everything up, I'm supposed to get confirmation today from my one remaining rental lead as to whether or not I got picked for the spot. I figure getting shot down again on that front would be the optimal finale for this dickens of a day.

Pandora works wonders for that.
Yeah, but it's not allowed to operate outside of US and Australia. And I'm outside of those places.

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #115750 on: April 10, 2019, 12:22:34 pm »

-
« Last Edit: November 23, 2020, 03:06:46 pm by dragdeler »
let

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
« Reply #115751 on: April 10, 2019, 12:40:45 pm »

Hey, fingers crossed for you Kagus.

Same for you too, Baal. I know you'll do what's best for your family. I just hope the world treats you kindly enough to get out of there.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #115752 on: April 10, 2019, 03:03:04 pm »

It's now 10 PM, I think it's safe to say that the rental dude isn't going to be contacting me today. Also the listing now says "expired".

As for the gal: I feel a little dead inside, but so long as I keep distancing myself from reality it at least doesn't hurt. Which river has the most comfortable water? Denial.

Try a little droon cripplefight or venetian snares meta abuse, and see where the  YT algorythm takes you  :D

You severely overestimate the amount of drugs I'm on.

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #115753 on: April 10, 2019, 03:12:24 pm »

Hey, fingers crossed for you Kagus.

Same for you too, Baal. I know you'll do what's best for your family. I just hope the world treats you kindly enough to get out of there.

Shit. Hope everything works out.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #115754 on: April 10, 2019, 04:47:04 pm »

Still nothing from rental man. This means I now have zero leads for getting out of this shit-ended relationship.

Also no response back from the gal, so I summarized things and fired off a Very Long Message™. I'll be turning off chat with her tomorrow, and muting as much of her profile as possible so I don't have to look at hurtful things while I'm supposedly getting over this.

Thursday is going to be an interesting day. And all the others.

EDIT: Also tried reaching out to a friend to vent a little bit, but after seven hours I think it's safe to say that I'm not gonna get a reply to "Hey, how are things?"
Pages: 1 ... 7715 7716 [7717] 7718 7719 ... 8153