Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7716 7717 [7718] 7719 7720 ... 8153

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 8474574 times)

TamerVirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Who cares
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #115755 on: April 10, 2019, 05:04:18 pm »

Have reached back out to this rental guy or is it a "don't call us, we'll call you" type of situation
What can mysteriously disappear can mysteriously reappear
*Shakes fist at TamerVirus*

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #115756 on: April 10, 2019, 05:17:14 pm »

Have reached back out to this rental guy or is it a "don't call us, we'll call you" type of situation

I sent him a message on Monday asking if he'd picked someone for the spot. He replied on Tuesday, saying that he'd send me a message on Wednesday. Wednesday is now officially at an end, unless he somehow meant "Wednesday a week after next" and just left that infonugget in the space between the letters.

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #115757 on: April 10, 2019, 05:21:48 pm »

I sent him a message on Monday asking if he'd picked someone for the spot. He replied on Tuesday, saying that he'd send me a message on Wednesday. Wednesday is now officially at an end, unless he somehow meant "Wednesday a week after next" and just left that infonugget in the space between the letters.
Call again tomorrow.
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #115758 on: April 10, 2019, 06:38:20 pm »

I'm depressed. I'm depressed badly enough that I can't even talk about it to my wife. Also I've been having bloody noses and psychotically awful nightmares every night.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #115759 on: April 10, 2019, 06:52:18 pm »

I'm depressed. I'm depressed badly enough that I can't even talk about it to my wife. Also I've been having bloody noses and psychotically awful nightmares every night.
Dream thread?

Edit: I am bad at reading.
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

Magistrum

• Bay Watcher
  • Skilled Fortresser
    • View Profile
« Reply #115760 on: April 10, 2019, 06:56:31 pm »

We'll sell everything we haven't already and gather the money, the only way to do it is thought land, it's a roughly seven day bus ride once we are in the border with Colombia. By land it like 300$ each, by air it would be at least double that and pete never got his passport so I think he can't travel by air.

I don't want to sound too nosy, but here is just something to consider.

Brazil has instituted some strong asylkum seeker protection laws back in the 90's in cooperation with ONU, you might be able to seek asylum here if you walk up to the border. There is no requirement beyond the usual "no drug trafficking/ no war crime", you can just enter the country and talk to the first Polícia Federal officer you find. They look like this. Other branches of police and army may point you towards an office.

From Venezuela you can enter either Roraima or Amazonas. I'm all the way across the country, in Rio Grande do Sul, so I might not be of much help. Amazonas is basically empty at that stretch, so go for Roraima. Roraima's shelters are very overcrowded, start moving south as soon as possible. Pará is a little better, but you should probably take a bus down to Tocantins or São Paulo.

You will need to fill this form(thoughtfully in Spanish). You can stay in the country while you wait for a final decision on your request, and a Brazilian lawyer will represent you free of charge. After you get in you should enter in contact with the closest CRAI(Centro de Referência e Acolhida Para Imigrantes). They are very helpful.

When you finish talking to the police and your asylum request made, you will be making an provisional protocol, which outlaws deporting  you to the offending country, a CTPS so that you may work legally, you get all the labor rights a brazilian has, such as overtime pay, paid vacation, mandatory rest weekday, minumum wage and whatnot. Also CPF, a common ID and tax number all brazilians have. Try using the CPF card when people ask you for ID, since no one recognizes the provisional protocol when they first see it. They probably won't even notice you aren't brazilian.

After finishing up on that stuff you get the rights of a Brazilian citizen. You will receive medical treatment at every public hospital and many private hospital's also can treat you and bill the government afterwards, so take your family to the nearest medical facility for vaccinations. There are some essential vaccinations for local diseases and the like which are free for all brazilians.

You should also apply for the "Bolsa Família" program. It gives you a bank card for you to withdraw some money every month. It is a pitiful amount, not even rent, but it should help with not starving.

In general, everything available for a Brazilian is also available for a refugee, save politics. There are some public service programs for employment of refugees, but they are very rare.

After your request is granted you will go again to the federal police and make a CRNM. It makes you a full citizen in everything but name, and doesn't discriminate on how you got it: it shows "residente" no matter how you became one. It looks like this.

Now the bad. Yeah, we got Bolsonaro in. He is very reactionary. A lot of people take his election as encouragement for their xenophobia. You will be disrespected. Bolsonaro, however, isn't going too crazy on the issue and isn't curtailing any refugee rights. Maybe he just wants Brazil to look strong in comparison to the "Communist Disaster" in Venezuela. It matters little, as he probably won't get congressional approval on anything too bad, so you should be okay.

Once again, just something to consider.
In a time before time, I had a name.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #115761 on: April 10, 2019, 07:38:14 pm »

Dream thread?

Edit: I am bad at reading.

Yeah I put it in the dream thread.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #115762 on: April 10, 2019, 09:01:12 pm »

Welp, my housemate's car radiator snapped at the top hose.  I don't want to overshare, but it's going to be hard for him to make rent, and he's going to need some more rides to work.  Though we do have a couple of fine bicycles...  If we can't get his working, he can use mine.  Still sucks though.  Got back from his parent's farm super late, so tired, but well fed.  I just can't let his problems distract me from my own search for more stable work.

Also I still really need to call my dad back but mngh it's awkward now
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

McTraveller

• Bay Watcher
  • This text isn't very personal.
    • View Profile
« Reply #115763 on: April 11, 2019, 12:03:12 pm »

So remember that plague that hit my family a week and a half ago?

Now I've got it. :(

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #115764 on: April 11, 2019, 01:06:23 pm »

Now you get to be waited on hand and foot by the people you (presumably) looked after when they were sick.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
  • System Lord and Hanslanda lees evil twin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #115766 on: April 11, 2019, 02:43:48 pm »

We'll sell everything we haven't already and gather the money, the only way to do it is thought land, it's a roughly seven day bus ride once we are in the border with Colombia. By land it like 300$ each, by air it would be at least double that and pete never got his passport so I think he can't travel by air.

I don't want to sound too nosy, but here is just something to consider.

Brazil has instituted some strong asylkum seeker protection laws back in the 90's in cooperation with ONU, you might be able to seek asylum here if you walk up to the border. There is no requirement beyond the usual "no drug trafficking/ no war crime", you can just enter the country and talk to the first Polícia Federal officer you find. They look like this. Other branches of police and army may point you towards an office.

From Venezuela you can enter either Roraima or Amazonas. I'm all the way across the country, in Rio Grande do Sul, so I might not be of much help. Amazonas is basically empty at that stretch, so go for Roraima. Roraima's shelters are very overcrowded, start moving south as soon as possible. Pará is a little better, but you should probably take a bus down to Tocantins or São Paulo.

You will need to fill this form(thoughtfully in Spanish). You can stay in the country while you wait for a final decision on your request, and a Brazilian lawyer will represent you free of charge. After you get in you should enter in contact with the closest CRAI(Centro de Referência e Acolhida Para Imigrantes). They are very helpful.

When you finish talking to the police and your asylum request made, you will be making an provisional protocol, which outlaws deporting  you to the offending country, a CTPS so that you may work legally, you get all the labor rights a brazilian has, such as overtime pay, paid vacation, mandatory rest weekday, minumum wage and whatnot. Also CPF, a common ID and tax number all brazilians have. Try using the CPF card when people ask you for ID, since no one recognizes the provisional protocol when they first see it. They probably won't even notice you aren't brazilian.

After finishing up on that stuff you get the rights of a Brazilian citizen. You will receive medical treatment at every public hospital and many private hospital's also can treat you and bill the government afterwards, so take your family to the nearest medical facility for vaccinations. There are some essential vaccinations for local diseases and the like which are free for all brazilians.

You should also apply for the "Bolsa Família" program. It gives you a bank card for you to withdraw some money every month. It is a pitiful amount, not even rent, but it should help with not starving.

In general, everything available for a Brazilian is also available for a refugee, save politics. There are some public service programs for employment of refugees, but they are very rare.

After your request is granted you will go again to the federal police and make a CRNM. It makes you a full citizen in everything but name, and doesn't discriminate on how you got it: it shows "residente" no matter how you became one. It looks like this.

Now the bad. Yeah, we got Bolsonaro in. He is very reactionary. A lot of people take his election as encouragement for their xenophobia. You will be disrespected. Bolsonaro, however, isn't going too crazy on the issue and isn't curtailing any refugee rights. Maybe he just wants Brazil to look strong in comparison to the "Communist Disaster" in Venezuela. It matters little, as he probably won't get congressional approval on anything too bad, so you should be okay.

Once again, just something to consider.

Wow! Thanks for putting so much thought on this. This kind of things rekindle one's faith in mankind. While it provably wont be what we'll do, it's certainly nice to have a so well laid out option! Would you mind if I translate it and share it on a immigration group on whatsapp?
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

Magistrum

• Bay Watcher
  • Skilled Fortresser
    • View Profile
« Reply #115767 on: April 11, 2019, 03:40:33 pm »

Wow! Thanks for putting so much thought on this. This kind of things rekindle one's faith in mankind. While it provably wont be what we'll do, it's certainly nice to have a so well laid out option! Would you mind if I translate it and share it on a immigration group on whatsapp?
I wouldn't mind, actually I would be happy if it could be of help to anyone at all.
When you do that, also point them towards the UNHCR official site, it has all important information about the legal proceedings.
Make very clear that Roraima is overcrowded and unsafe, and one should try to stay close to the police and army. There have even been refugee killings in some cities there, so it is not the final destination you want.

It pains me that I am incapable of lending you help Baal. Stay safe.
In a time before time, I had a name.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #115768 on: April 11, 2019, 05:44:00 pm »

I get to endure body horror due to a potential "benign" growth in my brain.
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
  • System Lord and Hanslanda lees evil twin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #115769 on: April 11, 2019, 09:27:50 pm »

Thanks! We'll try to be safe.

Hugo wtf? Do you have those pork related parasites???
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!
Pages: 1 ... 7716 7717 [7718] 7719 7720 ... 8153