Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7718 7719 [7720] 7721 7722 ... 8155

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 8552889 times)

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #115785 on: April 12, 2019, 11:15:00 pm »

It is synonymous. And that is really shitty :(
Any idea who placed the call?
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #115786 on: April 13, 2019, 03:59:21 am »

So my store hired some African-American employees recently. Today, we get a crank call at the service desk. No points for guessing the subject or tone of the call.

I don't know how to deal with the fact that there are bad people in the world. Humans are so petty, cruel, ignorant, short-sighted and selfish that it'd be hilarious if it weren't for all the violence and ruined lives. No matter how much good is done, it can all be torn down in a second by someone acting in bad faith.

:(

I can see why you have your username.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

We are Pathos after all
Love, scriver~

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #115787 on: April 13, 2019, 11:12:40 am »

I've dealt with some remarkable and unique levels of racism in the course of my job as a call center manager.

One lady called to complain that her driver was too black. She used those exact words, "too black". That was the complaint. She then told me that she had a box at the foot of her driveway for black people to use. She expected our black drivers to leave her packages there, as that way she did not have to have them actually on her property. Was the most extreme and also the most casual case of racism I've had to date, she was so matter-of-fact about it.

Anyway we do not deliver to her anymore.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
  • System Lord and Hanslanda lees evil twin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #115788 on: April 13, 2019, 11:46:46 am »

That sucks. But you should not stop delivering but instead send only black guys to deliver her and come up with a new procedure only to force her to allow people into her propety.
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #115789 on: April 13, 2019, 12:02:23 pm »

That sucks. But you should not stop delivering but instead send only black guys to deliver her and come up with a new procedure only to force her to allow people into her propety.

We came up with many variations of this XD
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #115790 on: April 13, 2019, 12:06:48 pm »

Hey now, we don't want anybody to get shot just because of some dumb ol' bitty...

Also, apparently the confessional text I sent Wednesday night was undeserving of a response. So that's nice. And my dumb ass can't leave well enough alone, so I've been getting chest pains off and on throughout the past couple days every time I remember the particulars of this situation. Pains which, coincidentally, are negatively impacting my house-hunting abilities. Funny, that.

EDIT: As a tangentially related aside, spending the time and effort necessary for self-improvement is difficult when you think that your best is still going to be worse than everyone else's normal/worst.

It's even harder when you're afraid of learning that it's true.

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #115791 on: April 13, 2019, 05:55:30 pm »

Windows got fucked overnight, last night was working fine, this morning it wouldn't boot properly, kept throwing out errors. Some issue with the HDD, possibly caused by the shit battery. Either way, ended up having to reinstall it and since I couldn't access it to save shit I lost pretty much everything on my C: drive. This included some pictures, some written files, some software, some music, all of my bookmarks and pretty much every single of my WIP files since I saved those to desktop for ease of access and as a reminder that they were unfinished. Also now I gotta deal with a fresh new windows install and getting everything to how it fucking was before and since I was running an older version of win10 I have a feeling certain things will remain irritating and there's gonna be fuck all to do about it.

tl;dr

Fucking fuck this sucks
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #115792 on: April 14, 2019, 05:56:59 am »

Windows got fucked overnight, last night was working fine, this morning it wouldn't boot properly, kept throwing out errors. Some issue with the HDD, possibly caused by the shit battery. Either way, ended up having to reinstall it and since I couldn't access it to save shit I lost pretty much everything on my C: drive. This included some pictures, some written files, some software, some music, all of my bookmarks and pretty much every single of my WIP files since I saved those to desktop for ease of access and as a reminder that they were unfinished. Also now I gotta deal with a fresh new windows install and getting everything to how it fucking was before and since I was running an older version of win10 I have a feeling certain things will remain irritating and there's gonna be fuck all to do about it.

tl;dr

Fucking fuck this sucks
You could have installed over the old windows without formating and nothing get lost. There is still hope if you use recuva. Never sweat over music and software they can be easily recovered. The issue is with photos and work files.
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

Magistrum

• Bay Watcher
  • Skilled Fortresser
    • View Profile
« Reply #115793 on: April 14, 2019, 09:57:32 am »

You could have installed over the old windows without formating and nothing get lost. There is still hope if you use recuva. Never sweat over music and software they can be easily recovered. The issue is with photos and work files.
Seconded. Avoid writing new files and use Recuva on your disk asap.
In a time before time, I had a name.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #115794 on: April 14, 2019, 10:47:35 pm »

Another batch of scammer fucks have started harassing my grandmother. Barely managed to stop her from giving them permission to drop a five hundred buck charge on her credit card today. Wish to hell I could figure out a good way to stop these pieces of fucking human filth from calling. Phone blocker thing isn't working particularly well, can't seem to find anyone that'll actually fucking do something on the law enforcement side of things, haven't figured out a way to convince grandparents to just goddamn change phone numbers and then stop talking to these goddamn bastards. Almost all fraud prevention advice seems to rely on the target being able to follow through, and neither grandparent is cognitively capable of it anymore. Not consistently. They're bleeding hundreds, thousands of dollars to shit like that and I can't seem to fucking do anything about it that works.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #115795 on: April 15, 2019, 12:31:17 am »

If it's as bad as you say regarding both the scams and their mental faculties, I would just take the batteries/cords/other vital piece out of their phones and either hide it or toss it all together. Repeat until they stop buying replacements. Sure it'll be harder to reach them, but from my outsider's perspective it seems like the lesser of two evils. Of course, it's also probably not realistic at all for all sorts of reasons.

An elderly person in my area got scammed in a similar way. Kept going around to various stores, trying to buy hundreds of dollars of iTunes/Google Play gift cards for somebody claiming to be the IRS. He must have been stopped dozens of times between all the stores he went to; it got to the point where other stores were calling us to say he was on the way and to keep an eye out. His perseverance won out though, he got those gift cards and now is out several hundred dollars. Cops didn't care in my case either.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #115796 on: April 15, 2019, 12:35:29 am »

How's that possible? I mean, really cops don't do anything? It's the IRS they are impersonating, dunno, that sounds like some serious crap.

My own sad, my wife scared me shitless and my response was really subpar, my own defense is that we, I'm at least, are/am to fucking sensitive because the attempt to break in of the other night, also doing this in the mid of a blackout. I lost my temper and yelled a her, she's not happy. Electricity came back buy she's still mad.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #115797 on: April 15, 2019, 12:41:09 am »

How's that possible? I mean, really cops don't do anything? It's the IRS they are impersonating, dunno, that sounds like some serious crap.

Local law can't really do anything about that part, and it's not like there's a 911 for the FBI. I'm willing to bet that anybody who would want to know already does, and can't do anything because the scammers are based in another country or somesuch.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #115798 on: April 15, 2019, 01:36:19 am »

If it's as bad as you say regarding both the scams and their mental faculties, I would just take the batteries/cords/other vital piece out of their phones and either hide it or toss it all together. Repeat until they stop buying replacements. Sure it'll be harder to reach them, but from my outsider's perspective it seems like the lesser of two evils. Of course, it's also probably not realistic at all for all sorts of reasons.

Isolating an elderly person with failing health is not a good idea at all
Blocking calls from jnlisted numbers, now...
« Last Edit: April 15, 2019, 01:39:40 am by ChairmanPoo »
There's two kinds of performance reviews: the one you make they don't read, the one they make whilst they sharpen their daggers
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #115799 on: April 15, 2019, 05:48:18 am »

-
« Last Edit: November 23, 2020, 03:06:42 pm by dragdeler »
let
Pages: 1 ... 7718 7719 [7720] 7721 7722 ... 8155