Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7719 7720 [7721] 7722 7723 ... 8153

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 8473820 times)

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #115800 on: April 15, 2019, 07:53:39 am »

How's that possible? I mean, really cops don't do anything? It's the IRS they are impersonating, dunno, that sounds like some serious crap.

My own sad, my wife scared me shitless and my response was really subpar, my own defense is that we, I'm at least, are/am to fucking sensitive because the attempt to break in of the other night, also doing this in the mid of a blackout. I lost my temper and yelled a her, she's not happy. Electricity came back buy she's still mad.

It falls under the FCC, which is notoriously corrupt. The phone companies make a lot of money off scam phone calls, especially if they buy services to hide their identities. Occasionally someone will get caught, but it doesn't ever have much effect.

Baffler

• Bay Watcher
  • Caveat Lector.
    • View Profile
Quote from: Helgoland
Even if you found a suitable opening, I doubt it would prove all too satisfying. And it might leave some nasty wounds, depending on the moral high ground's geology.
Location subject to periodic change.
Baffler likes silver, walnut trees, the color green, tanzanite, and dogs for their loyalty. When possible he prefers to consume beef, iced tea, and cornbread. He absolutely detests ticks.

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
« Reply #115802 on: April 15, 2019, 04:19:41 pm »

The relics were safe but the building has basically been gutted.

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #115803 on: April 15, 2019, 05:12:15 pm »

Just saw this, though not sure of its truthfulness of course.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #115804 on: April 15, 2019, 05:28:44 pm »

Just saw this, though not sure of its truthfulness of course.

This would certainly be nice, if true. Would make the entirely tasteless joke I vomited forth earlier be slightly less horrible.

Also, the heck? I thought you couldn't directly link images with https urls here?

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #115805 on: April 15, 2019, 05:40:26 pm »

Well I'm glad the loss was minimal.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #115806 on: April 15, 2019, 08:26:26 pm »

You can't use https for avatar images, but I guess they work fine for normal image links.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #115807 on: April 16, 2019, 11:58:34 am »

I have an urge to keep a diary, but typing it isn't satisfying and my handwriting sucks too much.

There's a lot of angsty and edgy stuff behind this that would be too embarrassing to write out.

Did you just invent Myspace?

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #115808 on: April 16, 2019, 03:59:37 pm »

This would be more fit for the rage thread but: some very insulting things happened in the last 48 hours and I plan to depart this place as soon as I can agree a departure date
There's two kinds of performance reviews: the one you make they don't read, the one they make whilst they sharpen their daggers
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #115809 on: April 16, 2019, 04:04:00 pm »

This would be more fit for the rage thread but: some very insulting things happened in the last 48 hours and I plan to depart this place as soon as I can agree a departure date
You're still in Ireland, right? You're sure it's not just the local dialect?

TD1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #115810 on: April 16, 2019, 04:12:51 pm »

Oh, I think "very insulting" implies a level of offence greater than mere dialect.
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #115811 on: April 16, 2019, 04:18:15 pm »

Oh, I think "very insulting" implies a level of offence greater than mere dialect.
It's the Irish though.

TD1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #115812 on: April 16, 2019, 04:52:02 pm »

Whilst I'm normally more than happy to bash the Irish, the stereotypical idea that they're a rough-and-ready-foul-mouthed-yet-somehow-unaware-of-it race is simply untrue. Their diction is, as it is for everyone, primarily offensive when it is meant to be.

Not that Chair even mentioned diction, and only specified that 'things happened.'

I'd assume relating to his job, though I don't know.
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #115813 on: April 16, 2019, 05:09:33 pm »

Whilst I'm normally more than happy to bash the Irish, the stereotypical idea that they're a rough-and-ready-foul-mouthed-yet-somehow-unaware-of-it race is simply untrue. Their diction is, as it is for everyone, primarily offensive when it is meant to be.

S'funny, the only Irish people I know will hurl insults as the only acceptable means of greeting a person. Or conversing with them in general. Then again, it's not a very large sample group, and one of them's Northern.

In my own sad, I'm still obsessing over stuff. Being stuck in this stagnant, constricting environment isn't exactly helping matters. There is a faint hope that the path to freedom shall reveal itself tomorrow by way of merciful landlord, but I'm not gonna go expecting things to work out.

On the bright side, Facebook's search engine is incredibly fiddly, and I can now no longer find the particular comment she made regarding the boinking of her roommate, so I can't stare at it again to see if it's changed.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #115814 on: April 16, 2019, 05:45:57 pm »

I went through a farce of a selection in which there was a clear favorite and it wasnt me. I was pretty much dogpiled.  But this is not what is irking me. No. What has me fuming is that now I have been approached with
- an expectation that I will accept a shitty post
- an offer to help me with "the next one" if I do that

I haven't given notice yet because I want to sort out my stuff first.  But as soon as that's done I'm making arrangements to leave
There's two kinds of performance reviews: the one you make they don't read, the one they make whilst they sharpen their daggers
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.
Pages: 1 ... 7719 7720 [7721] 7722 7723 ... 8153