Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7721 7722 [7723] 7724 7725 ... 8153

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 8471114 times)

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #115830 on: April 18, 2019, 03:37:23 pm »

I think I may have a minor case of food poisoning, and I think it's from some orange truffles I had about... 8 hours ago. Assuming it can develop that fast. Regardless, I've got some diarrhoea-esque symptoms (I'm going to keep light on the details here), I keep burping and it's always tasting of the orange truffles (hence the suspicion), I've got some minor chills, my stomach's definitely bloated out because my belt no longer fits, I've got no appetite, I'm tired, the thought of eating makes me feel ill, and I've got general nausea.

Hopefully it goes away quickly and doesn't develop beyond this. And hopefully I don't decide to have a vomit/diarrhoea episode when someone's on the shitter or there's going to be some cleaning up to do.
L'orange est mauvais?
There's two kinds of performance reviews: the one you make they don't read, the one they make whilst they sharpen their daggers
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #115831 on: April 18, 2019, 03:46:40 pm »

-
« Last Edit: November 23, 2020, 03:06:39 pm by dragdeler »
let

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #115832 on: April 18, 2019, 03:46:59 pm »

I think I may have a minor case of food poisoning, and I think it's from some orange truffles I had about... 8 hours ago. Assuming it can develop that fast. Regardless, I've got some diarrhoea-esque symptoms (I'm going to keep light on the details here), I keep burping and it's always tasting of the orange truffles (hence the suspicion), I've got some minor chills, my stomach's definitely bloated out because my belt no longer fits, I've got no appetite, I'm tired, the thought of eating makes me feel ill, and I've got general nausea.

Hopefully it goes away quickly and doesn't develop beyond this. And hopefully I don't decide to have a vomit/diarrhoea episode when someone's on the shitter or there's going to be some cleaning up to do.

Looks like 8 hours is too short for it to be food poisoning, so probably just the normal kind. Hth.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #115833 on: April 18, 2019, 04:25:24 pm »

Resist the urge to correct... thinking about moving halfway between your previous lives or what's up Poo?
I started learning French by myself last week so I'm nowhere near the level of fluency needed to practice in a francophone country...

That being said, I dont rule out taking an intensive course. My overall feeling is that as a Latin based language its close enough to Spanish to make learning it easier than it would be otherwise.

We'll see. I have to think about what I'll do in the near future
There's two kinds of performance reviews: the one you make they don't read, the one they make whilst they sharpen their daggers
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #115834 on: April 18, 2019, 05:03:00 pm »

Potential landlord was supposed to get back to me with an answer on Wednesday regarding whether or not I'd been selected as the renter. It's now 00:01 on Friday, and I haven't heard a peep yet.

Which, y'know, doesn't look good. I guess that means I'm not getting this place either. Shame. That was my last lead.

Back to Square Fuck, I suppose.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #115835 on: April 18, 2019, 05:18:55 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #115836 on: April 18, 2019, 05:32:41 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
What you need to do is talk to someone. Venting about an issue to someone you trust can seriously help to relieve the pressure buildup. I've also been experimenting with pumping up the volume on angry music with headphones, and it can take some of the edge off for certain situations.

Personally, I tend towards harm methods that don't leave particularly noticeable or long-lasting marks. Helps me feel less guilty about it afterwards. It's still not great though.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #115837 on: April 18, 2019, 05:53:08 pm »

Potential landlord was supposed to get back to me with an answer on Wednesday regarding whether or not I'd been selected as the renter. It's now 00:01 on Friday, and I haven't heard a peep yet.

Which, y'know, doesn't look good. I guess that means I'm not getting this place either. Shame. That was my last lead.

Back to Square Fuck, I suppose.
Renting is hard, dude. In my experience, at least.
It's hard enough when you have a group of folks looking for a place, doing it on your own (whilst surviving on some meagre government payment) is even harder. I get the feeling the area you're looking in is somewhat sought-after, too.
Just keep at it.

I live almost an hour out of the city (on a good day without too many train delays) and I'm pretty sure the only reason I got my place was 'cause my friends (now housemates) offered it to me when they needed someone.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #115838 on: April 18, 2019, 05:54:50 pm »

I'm not going to pretend to properly understand the reasons behind self-harm. I've never had it happen to me and I've never seen it properly discussed, so I'm not sure as to why people do it. If it's based in pain, however, there are other outlets for that. At the very least, you could buy some ghost chillies and eat them. If it's something else, well, I'm not much help.

But talk to someone. Someone you know you can trust. If they've been through it themselves (BUT ARE NOT ACTIVELY SELF-HARMING! If they are from what I've been told it can be comforting to talk to them, but it causes both of you to tend to feed off of one another), then it's likely they'll have a much better response because they know what it's like. Failing that, family. If they aren't responding well, friends. If they don't, then it's probably time to go to a mental health professional or a doctor.

The situation involves someone in my family having betrayed me. Consequently, I was left feeling like those I thought I could rely on, could not be trusted. Fortunately I do have contact with a therapist.
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #115839 on: April 18, 2019, 06:12:59 pm »

Yeah, fire a message off to them. Being able to talk about it really does help.

Just keep at it.
And it is for this reason that I'm extra pissed off about getting myself heartbroken again, because it's fucked up my will to reach out and do the necessary social footwork involved with finding rentals. Sure, the other listings have move-in dates way out in July/August, and I legitimately don't know if I'm gonna last that long; but I'm also not even talking to the people listing them because I'm tired and scraping myself off the floor to do anything.

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #115840 on: April 18, 2019, 07:31:56 pm »

-
« Last Edit: November 23, 2020, 03:06:35 pm by dragdeler »
let

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #115841 on: April 18, 2019, 07:39:46 pm »

French is a silly language.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #115842 on: April 18, 2019, 07:44:27 pm »

Even their version of 'yes' is an invitation to expel waste.

Wee. Wee. Wee.

ALRIGHT YOU DAMN FROG, I WILL!
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #115843 on: April 18, 2019, 08:48:42 pm »

All the way homme.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

methylatedspirit

• Bay Watcher
  • it/its
    • View Profile
« Reply #115844 on: April 19, 2019, 02:39:40 am »

So, I'm technically a Muslim (I desperately want to leave, but my country forces me to stay), having grown up in a religious household. As is required for all male Muslims on Friday, I had to go to the mosque to pray. The sermon that was given seemed to spark something in me. I don't have anyone to share this to (everyone in my local vicinity is deeply religious, so they'll keep preaching to me about how God is like, the basis of my morality or some shit like that. Yes, even the non-Muslims), so I guess I'll put it here. I apologize if what follows is utterly incoherent or if I'm repeating myself.

See, I think that every religion has at least one entity that is infallible in the sense that whatever it does is inherently good, and that you can't question what it does, else you go to Hell or something. The thing is, why? Why should I have faith in something that I can't question? To scale it down to human terms, it's like someone who claims to be perfect, acts like they're above criticism, yet expects to be respected by others. Why should I care about someone who only wants a one-sided relationship, in which I'm the one heaping them with praise, yet when I say something vaguely negative, I'm the one who's in the wrong? The one who gets shit from others, just because I wanted to be honest? In the same way, these infallible entities are very much like that kind of person. Even then, though, at least with the human-scale example, there's actually someone there. A complete asshole, sure, but at least there's only one set of things to work with. Everyone's reading from the same 'book', as it is. When I get to these 'infallible entities', though? Sure, there's probably at least one text that describes this entity, probably in the form of a book, about how perfect and good this thing is, but there's no one set of characteristics that people can point to when describing this entity. This entity, existent or not, doesn't interact with anything. It's not like a Twitter page, or something, where everyone can see what you've posted and what they've posted in response to what you've posted, it's like this series of PMs between me and this entity, completely hidden from anyone else, yet I'm expecting everyone to believe me when I say that I have faith in this entity. There's no 'public record' that you can point to. That's the thing that turns me off about religion: the thing that's being worshiped cannot be held accountable for anything. If I can't hold someone accountable for their mistakes, the same way that I am for mine, then why should I trust them? In the same way, if I can't question God, then why bother? The way I see it, I'm basically supposed to follow this deity's rules, even if it entails doing something entirely counterproductive, like marching off a cliff to my long, drawn-out death. I don't care if what I'm doing leads to eternal damnation, 'cause frankly, I don't give a shit.

Sometimes, I ask myself, "Why was I so stupid as a child?", but then I realize that it may have been a blessing in disguise. I was too dumb to understand anything I was being taught, so by the time I 'woke up', it was far too late to convince me of God's existence. It's like language acquisition; it's fastest during infancy and early childhood.

I don't know if I'm at all right. I just wanted to vent, I'm tired, I need to relax.
Pages: 1 ... 7721 7722 [7723] 7724 7725 ... 8153