Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7746 7747 [7748] 7749 7750 ... 8153

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 8471407 times)

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #116205 on: July 09, 2019, 02:48:53 pm »

:/

People go to ICU because of unstability. That can mean anything from more or less manageable stuff to really bad things going on. How is she, generally speaking? Does she have any chronic disorders?

There's two kinds of performance reviews: the one you make they don't read, the one they make whilst they sharpen their daggers
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #116206 on: July 09, 2019, 04:10:22 pm »

:/

People go to ICU because of unstability. That can mean anything from more or less manageable stuff to really bad things going on. How is she, generally speaking? Does she have any chronic disorders?
She has quite a few, including a persistent urinary infection (caused by a... "fold", for lack of a better term, that developed in her bladder), plus pulmonary edema.

The medic has put her in the ICU for observation, for now.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

pikachu17

• Bay Watcher
  • PADORU PADORU
    • View Profile
« Reply #116207 on: July 09, 2019, 09:43:33 pm »

My great-uncle is dying.
Sigtext!
dwarf 4tress from scratch
The Pikachu revolution!
Thank you NatureGirl19999 for the avatar switcher at http://signavatar.com

A warforged bard named Gender appears and says"Hello. I am a social construct."

scourge728

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #116208 on: July 10, 2019, 10:23:48 am »

Showing age by assuming current 10 year olds have even heard of Sonic. Let's face it, most people drawing creepy Sonic fanart are probably 35+

pikachu17

• Bay Watcher
  • PADORU PADORU
    • View Profile
« Reply #116209 on: July 10, 2019, 11:51:00 am »

Showing age by assuming current 10 year olds have even heard of Sonic. Let's face it, most people drawing creepy Sonic fanart are probably 35+
I own a Genesis, so I think my kids will, at least.
« Last Edit: July 10, 2019, 11:52:31 am by pikachu17 »
Sigtext!
dwarf 4tress from scratch
The Pikachu revolution!
Thank you NatureGirl19999 for the avatar switcher at http://signavatar.com

A warforged bard named Gender appears and says"Hello. I am a social construct."

Great Order

• Bay Watcher
  • [SCREAMS_INTERNALLY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #116210 on: July 11, 2019, 03:34:48 pm »

I've worked out the cycle of my anxiety.

Heightened anxiety for however long it lasts. A thought or some event that seems to make my brain snap back to normal non-anxious functioning, which lasts a few days to a week. This is followed by a day or two of some kind of minor mania, then the descent into anxiety happens again, usually because I said something stupid or daft during said mania and can't stop obsessing over how stupid it was and how everyone's going to think I'm an idiot and so on and so forth.

At least I've got an assessment appointment in six days, and I'm going to be able to go to the doctor's to see about getting some different anti-anxiety medication tomorrow.

Anyway, needless to say I'm presently in the mania-anxiety stage right now, and I really need to talk to someone about it. Not my family, it's not that they don't care but they aren't the people I want to turn to here. I've got a small list of friends I'd like to talk to about it, but none of them are really available right now and I definitely can't talk to any of them in person since they're all half a country away at best.

Why is my brain so fucking broken? I bloody hate the thing, it can't just produce serotonin like a normal, functional human being's can it?
I may have wasted all those years
They're not worth their time in tears
I may have spent too long in darkness
In the warmth of my fears

Great Order

• Bay Watcher
  • [SCREAMS_INTERNALLY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #116211 on: July 13, 2019, 12:14:43 pm »

Well, today's been the perfect fucking punctuation for how my summer holiday has been thus far.

I drove all the way to Liverpool, a 2.5-3 hour journey, to a Jitsu regional because I was both missing my friends and wanting to do Jitsu.

The satnav on my phone and the portable one both were incredibly insistent on sending me down a road I couldn't go down to get there because there was a fucking barrier in the way. Then I tried to find parking. Every fucking place that the sat nav said was parking actually wasn't (It was basically sending me to random streets without any parking on them). The roads in Liverpool are confusing. The pedestrians were suicidal (I had at least 10 of the fucking morons just walk out in front of my car). The other drivers were retarded arseholes (I got honked at on three separate occasions because I didn't go out onto the main road because doing so would have driven me straight into the side of a car). The stress of all of this tipped my anxiety over the edge and I had my first ever panic attack. In a city I've never been in before. In a city I've never been in before where it feels like everything, right down to the fucking traffic lights (literally, and I mean literally, every traffic light in the city turned red as I approached), are being malicious.

In essence, I spent £50 of fuel, £10 of service station food/drinks, and a whole 9 hours of my day, to drive somewhere I've never been, have the general misery that's been my summer (anxiety, loneliness, general sadness, the little things I've hoped for be shat on) pretty much condensed into one day, and have a panic attack.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #116212 on: July 13, 2019, 01:12:49 pm »

Did you at least get to see/do jitsu?
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Great Order

• Bay Watcher
  • [SCREAMS_INTERNALLY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #116213 on: July 13, 2019, 03:08:39 pm »

I had a panic attack for the first time in my life. I wasn't really in a state to do *anything*. That includes driving, but I didn't have much choice in that matter if I wanted to actually make it home.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #116214 on: July 15, 2019, 07:18:59 pm »

We now return to your regularly scheduled self-loathing.
Jeez, I had a couple of comparatively more-or-less alright days and now it seems I'm making up for lost time.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #116215 on: July 16, 2019, 02:54:30 am »

My department's tutoring system is completely Arx-blind. Somehow, I have failed to receive every single major communication. It's quite the headache. Also, when I woke up this morning the cold that has been lying half-dormant in my throat for a while had decided to make a comeback. Now my throat hurts and I want to vomit.

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #116216 on: July 21, 2019, 02:26:53 pm »

Just cracked my fucking phone screen because I for some reason decided to wear these stupid pyjama pants I was given, pants that are several sizes too large for me and as such are too loose to support the weight of my phone, forcing me to carry it in the pocket of the hoodie I'm wearing instead, a pocket too small to properly carry a big-ass modern phone.
So I'm washing my hands and it goes SMACK on the floor and somehow despite the case and the screen protector there's a goddamn crack in it. Fuckssakes. Perfectly good phone. Might as well just throw it in the trash.
Throw my whole fucking life in the trash.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

scourge728

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #116217 on: July 21, 2019, 03:15:12 pm »

Nothing I do is entertaining me or holding my interest for long anymore... I just feel numb now, although that is new

Ulfarr

• Bay Watcher
  • Going on a pilgrimage to Mars
    • View Profile
« Reply #116218 on: July 21, 2019, 03:58:22 pm »

Perfectly good phone. Might as well just throw it in the trash.

If you don't want to buy a new one and assuming that other than the broken screen the phone works well, I would suggest lookinkg for an online guide on how to replace the broken parts and if there someone is selling them. Smartphones can be delicate things but assembling one from its pieces isn't that complicated.

I've fixed my phone's screen twice this way :D

Bring Kobold Kamp to LNP! graphics compatibility fix.

So the conclusion I'm getting here is that we use QSPs because dwarves can't pilot submarines.

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #116219 on: July 22, 2019, 03:46:19 am »

Yeah I've stripped down and tweaked my phones multiple times. It's surprisingly easy, most of the time.

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.
Pages: 1 ... 7746 7747 [7748] 7749 7750 ... 8153