Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7821 7822 [7823] 7824 7825 ... 7886

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 5358374 times)

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
  • Cyber-Voodoo Aficionado
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #117330 on: January 08, 2020, 03:34:56 pm »

I just can't, my urge to avoid people is turning into a real problem, when was the last time I cooked? I can't remember. I'm starting to hate the few people that were still in my life, and instead of just nodding like I did for allmost 30 years, I keep calling them out on their behaviour and it's not going too well. I. just. can't. I lack the fundamental ability to ask for help, accept help and trust people. Which turns all of my relationships into one-way streets. And I'm running out of patience. What's the point of even trying, why do I still struggle?

And RDR2 sucks so hard I feel like I'm absolutely delirious when I hear other people talk about it. Like when you save Abigail and they tune in some shitty plastic song (first one with lyrics I think, definitly first one I genuinly disliked), while you get the black bars and can only push W.... YOU MIGHT AS WELL PUT A FUCKING CUTSCENE BECAUSE YOUR UGLY SONG CAUSED A SOUND BUFFER CRASH. Now I get to sit trough this shitfest again because of course I couldn't save "after the mission", and autosave is basically only in the game to make sure you loose money whenever you get knocked in autoride mode (no the game couldn't be bothered to trigger those events when there is actually somebody awake at the keyboard, which is something you don't need for easily 40% of the game's duration). I hate it so much and I just want it to be over with so some smug idiot can't tell me I'm only salty because I suck at it.... Much like my own life.
Words are just fancy onomatopoeias.

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #117331 on: January 08, 2020, 03:52:43 pm »

Games have always been buggy, and nobody seems to care.

In RBI Baseball on the NES, you choose which base to throw to with the arrow keys. The game sometimes gets confused and isn't sure if you want to throw from the outfield to second base, or just turn around and chuck the ball into the crowd.

See also: Bethesda.

Testing is a cost center, and large companies will cut that like the quality on the toilet paper.
No live organism can continue for long to exist sanely under conditions of absolute reality

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #117332 on: January 08, 2020, 04:08:52 pm »

I'm pretty stoic on the CTD in general but the whole experience has been a contrived ghost train that keeps stripping control from me, as a reflection on western tropes it might have it's merits but as a game it is absolutely pathetic, I cannot see how people get to feel immersed when they're constantly pushed around and patronized. And just too many eyesores that could have been entirely avoided by not implementing an annoying degree of ~~~"ReAlIsM"~~~ (I'm constantly thrown off by logical errors and flickering assets)... Given that the game has hardly more to offer than it's looks it has been a poor experience overall.

Th4DwArfY1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #117333 on: January 08, 2020, 06:18:50 pm »

I just can't, my urge to avoid people is turning into a real problem, when was the last time I cooked? I can't remember. I'm starting to hate the few people that were still in my life, and instead of just nodding like I did for allmost 30 years, I keep calling them out on their behaviour and it's not going too well. I. just. can't. I lack the fundamental ability to ask for help, accept help and trust people. Which turns all of my relationships into one-way streets. And I'm running out of patience. What's the point of even trying, why do I still struggle?
I think I had mild social anxiety at one point. It's a constant struggle to get over something like that, and all it takes is one slip and you're back to turtling yourself away.
Yours sounds more severe, but I'll say what helped me.

Instead of just nodding at people, I remembered their names and said something to the effect of "hi, Jane! How's your week been?"
A small enough change, but it engages you in conversation and, over time, forms friendships.

Also, restricting my social interactions to an inner circle of friends who were very similar to me made me assume other people, who tend to not be so similar, were on a different plane. Not a worse plane, just one that made interacting with them hard. Football? Women? Nightclubs? Who cares.

The thing is, though, that people just like talking about their passions. And you can respond to those passions, rather than the topic itself. I see myself in people very often now. The core, as it were, is the same.

Your main problem, though, seems to be building a desire to talk to other people. Some think a smile and a few pleasant words costs nothing; this is not always the case. But work on doing it anyway, and you might surprise yourself.

My two cents.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  Th4DwArfY1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #117334 on: January 08, 2020, 07:42:15 pm »

Thanks.

And yes I'd rather go from on end of the table to the other than to ask for the salt, nevermind smiling for no particular reason. Asking them how they are or what they did will probably expose me to those same questions. Nothing but that requires allready a lot of hypocrisy to go over smoothly. I will not be the guy who asks people how they are so he gets to bitch around. (oh god I am aren't I  :-\) Then there is that thing,... how normies seem to mistake my detachment for dry humour. Allways throws me off guard when I have to think why people would laugh at something. It wouldn't be a first, if a thing that makes me laugh provokes confusion, if not because of the subject than at least because how hard I laugh; or perplexity at when I laugh. And that's the thing I was never unpopular, most doors were wide open, yet I allways felt like an alien. Nowadays I have a vague conception of what would constitute my charm but it feels like acting. I tend to overinterpretate small gestures a bit too much trough the lens of manipulation, since they don't just happen unnoticed to me, which has led me to have this catalogue of impossible requirements.

Man that took a lot of time and I'm still unsure weather I mean it the way I wrote it and dread rereading myself tomorrow.
« Last Edit: January 08, 2020, 07:46:06 pm by dragdeler »

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #117335 on: January 08, 2020, 09:03:56 pm »

If it helps, plenty of other humans, including myself, do similar things, over interpreting and under interpreting what certain things mean or donít mean, whether gestures are intentional or not, wondering whether speech, tone, posture, or body movements are the main m4ssages or secondary messages. If you are lucky, the people who you ar stalking to might tell you what the main message is if you ask whether the posture during the conversation changes the meaning of the words. I probably worded that weirdly. I havenít actually asked anyone things like that, but it is a hypothetical thing for if I get confused. An example of what I am talking about is if someoneís posture appears like they are mad at something, and their tone and words seem to be jovial, the one listening may be confused on whether the person in question is indeed mad at the thing they are talking about/ if people read this post and get confused or need clarification, please ask and I will clarify. Dragdeler, if this wasnít helpful I am sorry

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #117336 on: January 09, 2020, 10:42:34 am »

Don't be sorry I think in this instance it's fair to say that intent matters.

I guess you're talking about mixed signals? They're certainly not helpful but TBH I often tend to be on the emitting side, so on that subject I got nobody to blame but myself ^^.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #117337 on: January 09, 2020, 11:20:11 am »

"normies"
Love, scriver~

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #117338 on: January 09, 2020, 01:06:38 pm »

Molds (so year-round) and certain trees. The trees are hitting real hard right now, because it's technically spring here, with fall having just ended.

Edit: I know about the burning itch in my ears, but did you know the back sides of your eyeballs can itch? And my lungs hurt from coughing too much.

Why does the human body decide that the solution to allergens is to package them up and send them to your stomach? Having your stomach constantly burning/itching and freaking out about allergens is not pleasant.
No live organism can continue for long to exist sanely under conditions of absolute reality

scriver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #117339 on: January 09, 2020, 01:19:59 pm »

So that you can expunge?
Love, scriver~

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #117340 on: January 09, 2020, 03:41:31 pm »

Yeah, I shouldn't have gone with making that a question, but it didn't seem like the right place for a
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

pikachu17

• Bay Watcher
  • PADORU PADORU
    • View Profile
« Reply #117341 on: January 09, 2020, 03:56:38 pm »

My cat died. He was an old cat, but I'm still sad.
Sigtext!
dwarf 4tress from scratch
The Pikachu revolution!
Thank you NatureGirl19999 for the avatar switcher at http://signavatar.com

A warforged bard named Gender appears and says"Hello. I am a social construct."

scriver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #117342 on: January 10, 2020, 05:02:19 am »

I'm sorry to hear that, pikachu. Take care.
Love, scriver~

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #117343 on: January 10, 2020, 05:28:02 am »

*hugs Pikachu*
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #117344 on: January 10, 2020, 10:04:32 am »

Pages: 1 ... 7821 7822 [7823] 7824 7825 ... 7886