Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7815 7816 [7817] 7818 7819 ... 8153

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 8471741 times)

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #117240 on: November 08, 2019, 10:34:19 pm »

Called social security. Biggest waste of my time this entire week. Sat on hold for two hours for some disinterested secretary to finish her Burger King and shoot some totally unhelpful babble off the top of her head.
Can you go to the office?

I mean you could

Like you could go to the DMV
Yeah, I have gone to the DMV very successfully.
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #117241 on: November 10, 2019, 06:09:10 pm »

At least y’all don’t have to deal with the USCIS.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #117242 on: November 10, 2019, 06:12:46 pm »

I apologise that you have to deal with one of the worst bureacracies ever created.

Did I mention that Trump wants to up the fees?
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #117243 on: November 10, 2019, 06:53:02 pm »

I apologise that you have to deal with one of the worst bureacracies ever created.

I had best apply for citizenship prior to that then.

Though having to repeat in essence the same process for the third time irks me, and fills me with foreboding.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #117244 on: November 10, 2019, 06:55:12 pm »

Though having to repeat in essence the same process for the third time irks me, and fills me with foreboding.
Definitely do so - fee will go up by $500 dollars.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #117245 on: November 10, 2019, 06:58:57 pm »

Definitely do so - fee will go up by $500 dollars.
That’ll reduce illegal immigration for suresies.

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #117246 on: November 11, 2019, 12:58:08 am »

I don't think you understand the real rationale behind such a decision.

If you wanted to deal with illegal immigration, the correct approach is to improve and streamline legal immigration, so that people do not use the illegal option. (Similar to how Netflix greatly curbed digital media piracy, until all the gatekeepers for content decided that they weren't gettting enough filthy lucre, and decided to open a shitload of competing, and mutually exclusive, services. Now digital piracy is on the rise again.)  If legal immigration is safer, less expensive, and less hassle than the illegal method-- people will naturally prefer it.

No.  The goal is NOT to reduce illegal immigration.

The goal is to create an excuse for enforcement, due to political biases.

If you increase the number of illegal immigrants, you have justification to add funding to ICS agencies, and to whinge, and say "Oh, How terrible (crocodile tear), We have NO CHOICE now but to impose mass deportations and to set up concentration camps!"

Because creating the camps is the actual objective.  Not immigration reform.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #117247 on: November 11, 2019, 01:24:43 am »

I know this. I think you give too much credit to Donny boy, though.

I don't think he's trying to create more concentration camps. On the one hand it presents the look he's taking a hard-line on immigration, keeping them people what cross that imaginary line locked up like the criminals they are (whether or not they have the documents to prove otherwise) but on the other hand... well, concentration camps.

No, he's presenting barriers to people who don't have money to come into America, 'cause people without money are obviously only coming here to live off the teat of government welfare (however lacking it is) and aren't willing to work to support themselves and/or their family. What this does is make it so only people with money can start on the road to become citizens.

I would like to have the rhetorical ability to spin the visual of Trump wanting to attract people like Trump, but it's late and I'm ill. In essence, he believes the quality of any given individual is positively correlated with the size of their bank account. Or whether they've said anything nice about him lately, but that's may only apply to prominent employees or foreign dictators.

If Trump wanted to stop illegal immigration, I think he would be spending money on the things you suggest, rather than a big, beautiful, and entirely redundant wall.

wierd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #117248 on: November 11, 2019, 01:53:14 am »

Trump is an idiot, but his supporters (the GOP that is all falling over themselves to keep the orange moron in power, despite obvious quid quo pro) are the ones with the "Concentration camps? YIPEE!" mindset.

Trump is just a useful idiot. (In every capacity for that alliterative.)

Racial bigotry against people of foreign extraction is demonstrably extant;  Reinforcement of that worldview though such "clever" maneuverings is exactly what such shitheads crave, especially when they are power hungry shitheads.

Trump is just stupid enough to go along with the ideas, and say "Yeah, that's a great idea!".  The shitheads I refer to are conniving, and understand that if they convince orange moron that it was his idea all along, it will stroke his ego, and he will sign it faster than a 2 year old can eat a candy bar.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #117249 on: November 11, 2019, 04:25:28 am »

Why is this political shit-flinging taking place in the Sad thread?
Did Ameripol get locked or something?
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

wierd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #117250 on: November 11, 2019, 04:32:35 am »

No, the sad was over having to deal with USICS.

This is a natural consequence of USICS being absolute shit, because of political shit flinging.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #117251 on: November 11, 2019, 07:33:10 pm »

(I think the idea is that the Sad goes in here, then the resulting shit-flinging goes into the appropriate thread.)

There's nothing like Facebook to give you a quick, free refresher course on why you hate people.

Edit: actually, some of it may have taken place on other social media, come to think of it. But the bulk was Facebook. Even some people who don't usually post dumb shit were posting/doing dumb shit!
« Last Edit: November 11, 2019, 07:35:29 pm by Yoink »
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #117252 on: November 12, 2019, 10:23:49 pm »

The next therapy the doctors are going to try has a 40% chance of curing the cancer. If that fails, all they can do is try to keep it in remission.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #117253 on: November 13, 2019, 08:13:15 pm »

I have no one to talk to apparently.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #117254 on: November 13, 2019, 08:18:52 pm »

Become Narcissus!

Pages: 1 ... 7815 7816 [7817] 7818 7819 ... 8153