Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7817 7818 [7819] 7820 7821 ... 8153

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 8474756 times)

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #117270 on: November 16, 2019, 03:31:46 am »

I'm tired. I don't really feel like I belong anywhere. I dunno.

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #117271 on: November 16, 2019, 04:01:45 am »

We're all on the same boat :(
There's two kinds of performance reviews: the one you make they don't read, the one they make whilst they sharpen their daggers
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #117272 on: November 16, 2019, 04:17:05 am »

Oh, so the barstard took the Epic Spellcasting feat too? ;P

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #117273 on: November 16, 2019, 11:08:22 am »

Just be like me: put 6 levels into wizard with the necromancy school and have resistance to necrotic damage.
Also; command a small army of undead, but that's not relevant here.

Being more realistic, what do you think a necomancer does about the dating problem? Zombie girlfriend. Just sayin'*

EDIT: *makes more sense if you were a real necromancer that you'd raise fresh bodies, killed in clean ways (i.e. poison) and not half-rotting corpses in rotting clothes.
« Last Edit: November 16, 2019, 11:13:44 am by Reelya »

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #117274 on: November 16, 2019, 11:10:27 am »

Teach the date necromancy, who doesn’t want to learn magic?

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #117275 on: November 16, 2019, 01:12:32 pm »

Being more realistic, what do you think a necomancer does about the dating problem? Zombie girlfriend.
This was kind of a plot point in Age of Wonders. Doesn't work that well!

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #117276 on: November 16, 2019, 02:05:12 pm »

Being more realistic, what do you think a necomancer does about the dating problem? Zombie girlfriend.
This was kind of a plot point in Age of Wonders. Doesn't work that well!

There's two kinds of performance reviews: the one you make they don't read, the one they make whilst they sharpen their daggers
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #117277 on: November 18, 2019, 03:16:35 am »

On a bus, heading home, feeling awful.
I'm not sure if the pile of chilli in my banh mi disagreed with me, if this is a delayed hangover, or what, but I've been feeling pretty lousy for the last few hours or so.
Also had a bit of the ol' "ring of fire" which lends credence to the first theory. >.>
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #117278 on: November 18, 2019, 02:22:04 pm »

My aunt in law amazes me yet again with her ability to make a gigantic mess simply by cooking one entre. A chicken noodle soup somehow resulted in a giant puddle of half-solid grease and miscellaneous goo under the stove top, with unidentifiable shit caked on to all the burners and staining all the countertops. Of course when she was done everything, including the food itself, all utensils and the bowl she used, were right where she had last set them down.

At first I thought the apartment was just neglected, but no, she actively destroys it. I can't blame my wife for not trying to keep up, this is stupid.

Also, the dumbass system of having separate food and groceries in the fridge, which has only ever resulted in more fighting in ANY household that does such asinine book-keeping.

I'm so fucking sick of doctors saying I can't work, I'm sick of having to be in the hospital, I'm sick of not being in control of my life and being at the mercy of people I live with.
« Last Edit: November 18, 2019, 02:24:01 pm by itisnotlogical »
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #117279 on: November 19, 2019, 03:41:48 pm »

It's been getting bad again. I thought the holiday season was actually going reasonably well, barring a few hiccups here and there...

Instead, I'm back to partial paralysis and crying for no damn reason.

I've at least got friends now, friends who are generally understanding and want to help... It's just hard to talk about these things sometimes. Part of me doesn't even know where or how to begin, part of me doesn't want to begin because I don't feel like I've got any business complaining. And, of course, a big part of me doesn't want to go there because I'm afraid of losing them as friends if they find out what I'm "really" like.

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #117280 on: November 19, 2019, 04:19:50 pm »

And, of course, a big part of me doesn't want to go there because I'm afraid of losing them as friends if they find out what I'm "really" like.

I think that's what alcohol/drug (prescribed or otherwise) induced apathy is for. That's how I learned one of the servers at my local also has PTSD, and got some advice for dealing with it.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #117281 on: November 20, 2019, 01:00:52 am »

I just updated my gofundme page. I hate doing it. I hate being a virtual panhandler. I'm kind of stuck with it as I'm still out of work, and my screws are now ripping themselves out of my spine. It's...incredibly painful doesn't describe it forcefully enough to be accurate. I don't know when I'm going to go back to work, or at this point, if I will ever be able to work again. It's frustrating. I finally got the desk job that I'd been hunting for years, and now I can't sit up long enough to do it. I go into surgery again in December, and if this surgery fails, well...I'm fucked. There's really nothing (short of full bionics,) that will help after that.

Note: I will not be linking my gofundme due to not wanting to violate the forums TOS, take anything away from The Toady One or Threetoe, and because of personal information security. I'm just venting.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #117282 on: November 20, 2019, 05:30:12 am »

-
« Last Edit: November 23, 2020, 03:28:33 pm by dragdeler »
let

Folly

• Bay Watcher
  • Steam Profile: 76561197996956175
    • View Profile
« Reply #117283 on: November 20, 2019, 06:56:10 am »

RIP Brad McQuaid, creative mind behind Everquest.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #117284 on: November 20, 2019, 09:01:38 pm »

I’m not sure if this counts as a sad, but it isn’t an upset or a happy

I remember thinking, what do I feel? The answer I got was nothing, empty, hollow. I am not sad about much, or mad, or particularly happy, just blank. I don’t think this is normal
Pages: 1 ... 7817 7818 [7819] 7820 7821 ... 8153