Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7820 7821 [7822] 7823 7824 ... 8153

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 8473764 times)

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #117315 on: November 26, 2019, 01:31:04 pm »

-
« Last Edit: November 23, 2020, 03:28:41 pm by dragdeler »
let

methylatedspirit

• Bay Watcher
  • it/its
    • View Profile
« Reply #117316 on: November 27, 2019, 07:01:50 am »

So, my exams ended, and now I'm just waiting for my results. I don't know what to do in the meantime. I'm probably being melodramatic, but I think I've, like lost purpose in life. I just feel empty. What am I looking towards? Why does it feel like I'm wasting time? What do I do now?

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #117317 on: November 27, 2019, 08:05:56 am »

Finished Disco Elysium for the first time.
Gods, what a brilliant game. Obviously I enjoyed it a great deal but I am filled with an overload of emotions right now -  partly for the simple fact that it is over (at least until I play through it again), but mostly they're from the game itself.

What a masterpiece.
...Now what am I going to do with my life? Oh, right, play it again.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Secheral

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #117318 on: November 27, 2019, 08:41:53 am »

So, my exams ended, and now I'm just waiting for my results. I don't know what to do in the meantime. I'm probably being melodramatic, but I think I've, like lost purpose in life. I just feel empty. What am I looking towards? Why does it feel like I'm wasting time? What do I do now?
I've read a short book called "How to live on 24 hours a day" yesterday. Author's got a nice way of saying things. Might help you with that sense of wasting time. It's on the Gutenberg project if you feel like checking it out.

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #117319 on: November 27, 2019, 09:15:21 am »

I've read a short book called "How to live on 24 hours a day" yesterday. Author's got a nice way of saying things. Might help you with that sense of wasting time. It's on the Gutenberg project if you feel like checking it out.

So the idea was "people have a limited amount of time. I'll write a book to help people who don't have enough time, because reading is what they are ready for." It's probably useful, but ain't nobody got time for reading a book.

Secheral

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #117320 on: November 27, 2019, 09:45:34 am »

So the idea was "people have a limited amount of time. I'll write a book to help people who don't have enough time, because reading is what they are ready for." It's probably useful, but ain't nobody got time for reading a book.
More like people spend too much time on thinking about how they're wasting time. 10 minutes(enough to read about 1/10 of the book methinks) aren't as valuable as an hour so the obvious solution is to enter a coma and stare into the void for said minutes, repeating to yourself that your life could be better spent every few minutes.
Anyway it's a nice book and it doesn't try to sell itself as some miracle cure, just has some nice suggestions from the writer. Now for my sad so I don't derail too much. My hair is the hair of a balding lion.

scourge728

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #117321 on: November 27, 2019, 10:34:30 am »

So incredibly thick, impressive and luxurious, but missing in patches?

Secheral

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #117322 on: November 27, 2019, 10:56:18 am »

So incredibly thick, impressive and luxurious, but missing in patches?
I only have the thick of these words. And the patches.

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #117323 on: November 27, 2019, 01:24:53 pm »

Family shit (yay holidays!), chronic pain, and being too depressed to clean up my apartment sooner. Combined with food poisoning or something (do I look like the kind of person who can just go see a doctor for a flimsy excuse like "sick" or "what did the biopsy say"?) so I was "a bit" sick yesterday.
Just saying, but if you had a cancer biopsy, you should at least see if they can give you a yes/no even if you can't go to office. Not sure what the rules are like there.
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #117324 on: November 27, 2019, 01:27:41 pm »

Just saying, but if you had a cancer biopsy, you should at least see if they can give you a yes/no even if you can't go to office. Not sure what the rules are like there.

It's been over a year, and I'm not dead yet, so I guess it's fine?

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #117325 on: November 27, 2019, 01:34:40 pm »

I've finished Three Kingdoms 2010 version after watching it over last three months.

Man, it was a blast, and now I have nothing else to watch. Weh.
SigFlags!
Fire Emblem on Forums: 8! + 6re!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #117326 on: November 27, 2019, 02:09:15 pm »

I've finished Three Kingdoms 2010 version after watching it over last three months.

Man, it was a blast, and now I have nothing else to watch. Weh.

There is a button that looks like two green arrows making this shape: <<   Push it, and you will have something to watch again. HTH.

Online also says King's Way might be up your alley, but I've not seen either one.

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #117327 on: November 27, 2019, 02:39:46 pm »

It's been over a year, and I'm not dead yet, so I guess it's fine?
Cancer can lie dormant and not do active symptoms for a long ass time before you quickly die. Whether or not you treat it, knowing whether or not you *have* cancer will help you plan better.
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

McTraveller

• Bay Watcher
  • This text isn't very personal.
    • View Profile
« Reply #117328 on: November 27, 2019, 08:03:49 pm »

I'm old enough now that many industrial bellweathers are falling apart.  Adding Intel and Boeing to the list of AT&T, various automakers, etc.

And it's not just that either - even chain restaurants can't even hire managers that hire employees that can get simple orders correct.  And the time for service at "fast food" seems to be increasing too.

*sigh*

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #117329 on: November 28, 2019, 10:22:13 am »

And it's not just that either - even chain restaurants can't even hire managers that hire employees that can get simple orders correct.  And the time for service at "fast food" seems to be increasing too.

Turns out, when you underpay employees, jerk them around, refuse to give them enough hours to pay rent, then you treat them like subhumans, they don't have good morale or care if the business goes under.
Pages: 1 ... 7820 7821 [7822] 7823 7824 ... 8153