Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7823 7824 [7825] 7826 7827 ... 8153

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 8474317 times)

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #117360 on: December 02, 2019, 12:43:36 pm »

Lower salary in general means being less valued. There are no hard rules about this IMO but to me it's a bad warning sign.

Of course, you can still be fucked with a higher salary. When in my last job they screwed me over with a contract and then tried to appease me with more money it pissed me off even more because to me it felt like I was regarded as some sort of principles-whore. My pride is worth more than a few thousand €. A "dishonest horse peddler" type of excuse won't cut it out either.   >:(
There's two kinds of performance reviews: the one you make they don't read, the one they make whilst they sharpen their daggers
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #117361 on: December 02, 2019, 09:37:01 pm »

Diaphragm hurts from coughing so much over the past couple of days.
Unsurprisingly, this means that the coughing itself is really, really painful. Reckon I'll call today and see about booking an appointment sometime soon - even if this cough breaks before then there's other stuff I've been meaning to see him about anyway.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #117362 on: December 03, 2019, 01:10:27 pm »

It's hard to motivate myself to work for them for a low salary, with no trimmings to offset it

Those are potentially warning signs as well. How do they compare to what people above you get?

I don't actually know. I might at some point do some asking around to find out what people in a different, equally skilled department are earning - it could potentially be much higher, which would be a bad sign.

Just couldn't think straight today. I feel so bad when I can't help students, but it's incredibly taxing trying to hold three different problems in my head at once and I simply can't do it all day every day. I'm just so tired.

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #117363 on: December 03, 2019, 04:57:42 pm »

Has anyone in the LA area been to this art exhibition?

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #117364 on: December 03, 2019, 05:44:40 pm »

It's always fun feeling helpless and worthless when in the middle of a group of people you care about who are achieving the things you wanted for yourself in life.

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #117365 on: December 03, 2019, 05:49:49 pm »

It's always fun feeling helpless and worthless when in the middle of a group of people you care about who are achieving the things you wanted for yourself in life.

Don't worry, you always have us to come back to. I ain't achieved shit, and I'm going downhill.

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
  • And lo, the Dude did abide. And it was good.
    • View Profile
« Reply #117366 on: December 03, 2019, 07:49:38 pm »

This is cliched, but still. It's never too late to set new goals and start working towards achieving them.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #117367 on: December 04, 2019, 03:48:49 am »

So... the stuff with the HSE freeze is getting delayed to January. No big surprise there I was skeptical about anything happening over Christmas.
I want to go back so bad ... 🤣

I think I've done all I can on that regard too, barring writing to my former boss (which would be a desperate move I'd rather avoid for the time being)
There's two kinds of performance reviews: the one you make they don't read, the one they make whilst they sharpen their daggers
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #117368 on: December 04, 2019, 01:17:29 pm »

-
« Last Edit: November 23, 2020, 03:31:30 pm by dragdeler »
let

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #117369 on: December 04, 2019, 04:55:28 pm »

My back is all fucked up again. Since I can't exercise, clean the house, or really stand for too long until they do some more therapy on me, all I can do is sit and sometimes lay down. But hey, my TV-watching and game-playing is through the roof! Haha, I would have been so stoked like 18 years ago.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
  • System Lord and Hanslanda lees evil twin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #117370 on: December 04, 2019, 09:25:23 pm »

And how are yoy dude? Try to enjoy the time off. Have any interesting games play?
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #117371 on: December 04, 2019, 10:49:07 pm »

Read books.  This is the perfect chance to read and maybe do some blogging.

Maybe some light studying.
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #117372 on: December 04, 2019, 11:30:51 pm »

I am not so much "sad", as I am "Furiously enraged" right now.

Backstory--

Two months ago, I had to report to state about the unhygienic and unsafe living conditions my father was subjecting himself to, and his non-compliance with requests to either move in with a family member, or enter a long term care setting.

He had uncontrolled cellulitis then, due to his uncontrolled diabetes.

TWO GODDAMN MONTHS AGO.

Guess what news I get fucking today?

Oh yea-- Dad's going into the hospital to have BOTH his feet amputated.  Apparently because state fucking couldn't fucking be arsed to actually you know-- READ THEIR GODDAMN MANDATORY REPORTER'S REPORT, and FOLLOW UP.

IN TWO MONTHS.

This was completely avoidable!  His cellulitis could have been treated with intravenous antibiotics, and he could have gotten the care he needed in an LTC setting after state placement-- BUT FUCKING NO.

Words do not express the degree of rage I am experiencing right now.

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #117373 on: December 05, 2019, 03:14:51 am »

-
« Last Edit: November 23, 2020, 03:31:34 pm by dragdeler »
let

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #117374 on: December 05, 2019, 03:25:34 am »

Here's the thing.  You cant just put somebody into a nursing home; that's criminal abduction and illegal incarceration.  First, you have to make a state to the case that the person is not competent to care for themselves, then get a durable power of attorney, so that you can then legally make the decision for them and their well being.

Since the man has not had that declared on him, he was "in charge" of his own medical care and made his own care decisions.  However, as a care giver, I am a state mandated reporter.  If I see unsafe, unhygenic, or otherwise unsuitable living conditions, or signs of neglect (even self neglect) in an elderly person or a child, I am REQUIRED BY LAW to report it.

The normal protocol (that SHOULD have been followed, and why I am so goddamn furious!!) is that the state then sends a case worker to the residence and performs an investigation into neglect or abuse, and then makes a legal determination.  Considering the.... Grossly inadequate... conditions of his residence, they should have taken him into state medical custody and then started that process rolling.

Instead, those lazy assed mother fuckers decided to just do nothing.  (Why do I pay taxes again?) 

Since the man is over an hour drive (one way) away, I really cannot go check on him every damn day. Instead, I have siblings that live closer that ASSURED me that they would do so.  I heard nothing out of them after I filed the report with state, so I presumed all was well.

Nope.  Amputation this afternoon!

Jesus H Christ on a mother fucking pogostick.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2019, 03:27:21 am by wierd »
Pages: 1 ... 7823 7824 [7825] 7826 7827 ... 8153