Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7824 7825 [7826] 7827 7828 ... 8153

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 8474240 times)

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #117375 on: December 05, 2019, 11:08:52 am »

-
« Last Edit: November 23, 2020, 03:31:40 pm by dragdeler »
let

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #117376 on: December 05, 2019, 11:13:37 am »

George Zimmerman.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #117377 on: December 06, 2019, 02:04:05 am »

My next surgery will probably not be my last on my long list of shit that I need fixed. After I get the screws in my spine replaced, I have to have my hip flexors looked at because my physical therapist thinks I may have torn them both at some point. Also, I'm drinking too much again, but that's what happens when you're in chronic pain with no meds.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #117378 on: December 06, 2019, 08:53:12 am »

I'm dealing with the road toll collectors who are charging me a late fee after cashing my check, and my apartment evicting me because they lost my check. Man, it's real good that we've "improved the economy" by removing any regulation requiring companies to take responsibility for their actions.

My next surgery will probably not be my last on my long list of shit that I need fixed. After I get the screws in my spine replaced, I have to have my hip flexors looked at because my physical therapist thinks I may have torn them both at some point. Also, I'm drinking too much again, but that's what happens when you're in chronic pain with no meds.

Pot helps too, and at least takes the load off the drinking. If you stick with one pain-killing solution, the effect slowly erodes, which is not good. It's helped me keep my knee stuff under control.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #117379 on: December 06, 2019, 01:12:54 pm »

I got up around, I dunno, a little past 10? I ate a small breakfast, talked with a friend, did a little shopping, ate lunch and sat around for a bit, talked with the friend for a couple more hours, then helped out a little bit when she closed up the cafe she works at.

It's 7 PM now and I am utterly exhausted. I even had coffee earlier today, and I'm the kind of person who can't have coffee after 1 PM because it'll keep me up all night because I never drink coffee and am therefore strongly affected by it.

When can I please have some goddamn energy? My apartment's in shambles, I need to clean out the weeks of empty cans and plastic bags.

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
  • And lo, the Dude did abide. And it was good.
    • View Profile
« Reply #117380 on: December 06, 2019, 01:17:18 pm »

When can I please have some goddamn energy? My apartment's in shambles, I need to clean out the weeks of empty cans and plastic bags.
Amphetamines, son.

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #117381 on: December 06, 2019, 02:28:02 pm »

I got up around, I dunno, a little past 10? I ate a small breakfast, talked with a friend, did a little shopping, ate lunch and sat around for a bit, talked with the friend for a couple more hours, then helped out a little bit when she closed up the cafe she works at.

It's 7 PM now and I am utterly exhausted. I even had coffee earlier today, and I'm the kind of person who can't have coffee after 1 PM because it'll keep me up all night because I never drink coffee and am therefore strongly affected by it.

Nah, you need kerosene and a match. It's easier that way.

Although you do also get a flash of accomplishment when you clear out your depression nest.

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #117382 on: December 06, 2019, 04:53:56 pm »

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #117383 on: December 06, 2019, 05:42:41 pm »

They tagged some random person who was in the wrong place at the wrong time as well.
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #117384 on: December 06, 2019, 05:54:10 pm »

-
« Last Edit: November 23, 2020, 03:31:46 pm by dragdeler »
let

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #117385 on: December 06, 2019, 06:25:27 pm »

UPS is a bunch of cowards, thanking the police for murdering one of their drivers who was taken hostage.

They didn't even bother mentioning his name.

Now, the last report I read said they were not sure who actually killed him.

Has that changed?
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #117386 on: December 06, 2019, 06:40:15 pm »

Officially, it is under investigation.

Unofficially, you don't pop your hostage when you have cops closing in on you - that's the only leverage you have. I'd give it 10 to 1 that the cops started blasting away first.
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #117387 on: December 06, 2019, 06:56:06 pm »

Officially, it is under investigation.

Unofficially, you don't pop your hostage when you have cops closing in on you - that's the only leverage you have. I'd give it 10 to 1 that the cops started blasting away first.

I always try to do that whole devil's advocate let's be fair to everyone gumdrops and rainbows etc thing, but yeah 10-1 sounds about right.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #117388 on: December 06, 2019, 07:36:12 pm »

So, felt absolutely slaughtered and got to bed at 7:30. Almost slept until about 10, where in my restlessness I did a quick saltwater gargle to try and ward off the cold that's trying to attack me. Went back to bed and continued not sleeping until now, 1:34 AM.

This is apparently what I get for drinking coffee twelve hours ago. Fuck.

bloop_bleep

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #117389 on: December 08, 2019, 01:42:27 am »

So, felt absolutely slaughtered and got to bed at 7:30. Almost slept until about 10, where in my restlessness I did a quick saltwater gargle to try and ward off the cold that's trying to attack me. Went back to bed and continued not sleeping until now, 1:34 AM.

This is apparently what I get for drinking coffee twelve hours ago. Fuck.

Screw it. Netflix binge.

Nothing like mindless entertainment to enjoy without pushing any exhaustion until sleep arrives eventually.
Quote from: KittyTac
The closest thing Bay12 has to a flamewar is an argument over philosophy that slowly transitioned to an argument about quantum mechanics.
Quote from: thefriendlyhacker
The trick is to only make predictions semi-seriously.  That way, I don't have a 98% failure rate. I have a 98% sarcasm rate.
Pages: 1 ... 7824 7825 [7826] 7827 7828 ... 8153