Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7828 7829 [7830] 7831 7832 ... 8153

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 8474868 times)

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #117435 on: December 11, 2019, 08:23:01 pm »

Got to talk to my neurosurgeon today after I woke up. He is worried about the rest of my spine, because he found a lot of damage and "crappy bone" up further, and wants to image the rest of my spine at the end of the new year. I may be a legitimate candidate for a fully bionic spine.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Perhaps I'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #117436 on: December 11, 2019, 08:33:40 pm »

I'm a mechanical I'm a mechanical I'm a mechanical maaan.
Down at the bottom of the ocean. Beneath tons of brine which would crush you down. Not into broken and splintered flesh, but into thin soup. Into just more of the sea water. Where things live that aren't so different from you, but you will never live to touch them and they will never live to touch you.

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #117437 on: December 11, 2019, 09:53:52 pm »

Max, it may be the wrong point to take from your post, but...

Bionic spine?!
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #117438 on: December 12, 2019, 03:05:09 am »

-
« Last Edit: November 23, 2020, 03:31:59 pm by dragdeler »
let

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #117439 on: December 12, 2019, 12:07:34 pm »

I think I'm not going to eat today I hope I'll faint motherfuckers I can not be bothered to care only for my well being when it serves the interest of others. This is what you fucking get, when I go to the store I put money on the table to get product and that's the end of the story... But somehow employers allways have a myriad of exceptions and are granted the kind of leniency no worker gets.
Please do eat, Drag. Taking care of yourself is important, for your own health.
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #117440 on: December 12, 2019, 12:10:30 pm »

I think I'm not going to eat today I hope I'll faint motherfuckers I can not be bothered to care only for my well being when it serves the interest of others. This is what you fucking get, when I go to the store I put money on the table to get product and that's the end of the story... But somehow employers allways have a myriad of exceptions and are granted the kind of leniency no worker gets.
Yes, eating is important

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #117441 on: December 12, 2019, 12:44:37 pm »

Is it still considered arson if they took away your bathroom break?

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #117442 on: December 12, 2019, 12:45:38 pm »

Yes, eating is important
Unless he's doing photosynthesis
There's two kinds of performance reviews: the one you make they don't read, the one they make whilst they sharpen their daggers
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #117443 on: December 12, 2019, 12:55:44 pm »

-
« Last Edit: November 23, 2020, 03:32:05 pm by dragdeler »
let

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #117444 on: December 12, 2019, 09:36:38 pm »

Bionic spine?!
Yes, as in titanium vertabrae. Sounds super cool, but unfortunately less functional than bone.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #117445 on: December 12, 2019, 09:42:21 pm »

Bionic spine?!
Yes, as in titanium vertabrae. Sounds super cool, but unfortunately less functional than bone.
Yep. I had scoliosis at one point so now I have 2 rods in my back keeping the spine straight. A result of this is thst I cannot bend by back as much as previously, though this doesn’t matter as I didn’t really bend all that much before anyways

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
  • System Lord and Hanslanda lees evil twin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #117446 on: December 12, 2019, 09:56:11 pm »

On the plus side you get to say: "I'm a cybernetic organism. Living tissue over a metal endoskeleton."
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

bloop_bleep

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #117447 on: December 12, 2019, 10:30:03 pm »

Sounds super cool, but unfortunately less functional than bone.

Less functional? Maybe if you're too chicken to go for the black market thought-activated chainsaw implants.
Quote from: KittyTac
The closest thing Bay12 has to a flamewar is an argument over philosophy that slowly transitioned to an argument about quantum mechanics.
Quote from: thefriendlyhacker
The trick is to only make predictions semi-seriously.  That way, I don't have a 98% failure rate. I have a 98% sarcasm rate.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #117448 on: December 12, 2019, 10:47:21 pm »

On the plus side you get to say: "I'm a cybernetic organism. Living tissue over a metal endoskeleton."
Partially

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #117449 on: December 13, 2019, 04:53:39 am »

Bionic spine?!
Yep. I had scoliosis at one point so now I have 2 rods in my back keeping the spine straight. A result of this is thst I cannot bend by back as much as previously, though this doesn’t matter as I didn’t really bend all that much before anyways

Is bay12 being secretly infiltrated by robots?
Love, scriver~
Pages: 1 ... 7828 7829 [7830] 7831 7832 ... 8153