Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7836 7837 [7838] 7839 7840 ... 8153

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 8470736 times)

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #117555 on: January 04, 2020, 01:09:03 pm »

Allergies are worse than normal today. I woke up barely able to breathe, and my mouth burned when I tried to swallow, because the roof of my mouth is so swollen. My ears, eyes, and some patches of skin don't stop itching at any point.

I know it won't end until I am dead or the ground is covered in enough snow to prevent the release of allergens, and it's getting warmer everyday. Curse this endless summer.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #117556 on: January 04, 2020, 01:33:34 pm »

What are you allergic to?

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #117557 on: January 04, 2020, 01:49:29 pm »

My kid has the flu. I am now catching the flu. I do not want to catch the flu.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

Eschar

• Bay Watcher
  • hello
    • View Profile
« Reply #117558 on: January 04, 2020, 04:41:58 pm »

The two aussies I can think of seem to have been active these past 36h but the smoke must be awful.

Wait wait wait, what happened in Austrailia? And apparently some of our people are there?

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #117559 on: January 04, 2020, 05:05:49 pm »

The two aussies I can think of seem to have been active these past 36h but the smoke must be awful.

Wait wait wait, what happened in Austrailia? And apparently some of our people are there?
Australia has some bushfires, but overseas news articles are exaggerating things. For example in the Australia thread one guy said it's averaging 50 degrees (Celcius) and that Koalas are extinct because they're burned to death and that Sydney is in danger because of the fires. And the same person said that Australia was just about ready to conscript people to fight the fires. None of those three facts are in fact true and I can't find any local sources backing them up. It seems like the Australia situation is being re-packaged to serve the purposes of the American debate on climate change, rather than being about Australia.

Yes, there are seasonal bushfires here. No, the temperature never actually hit 50 degrees. I can't find any local sources backing that up. No, Koalas are not in danger of being extinct. It's a huge continent, and there are hundreds of thousands of Koalas. No, people in Sydney are not in danger of being on fire. 'Sydney' covers 12000km2, it's a huge area, and there are fires in the mountains west of that area.

Some people have died because of the fires, about 12, and several of them were farmers who refused to leave their properties and wanted to fight the fires themselves.
« Last Edit: January 04, 2020, 05:10:35 pm by Reelya »

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #117560 on: January 04, 2020, 05:08:33 pm »

Bushfires have been raging for weeks.

I know of two forumites at least that are there, though neither have mentioned (that I’ve seen) worry about it.

PPE: well there you go. It’s not 50, but according to the Beeb it did hit 40 everywhere at some point recently.

Reelya probably knows more about it though.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #117561 on: January 04, 2020, 05:21:18 pm »

40 degrees "everywhere" means average temperature. Don't forget that Australia has almost the same land area as the continental USA's 48 states (7.7 million km2 vs 8 million km2). I feel that people overseas think that we're all bunched in here down on a little island or something, since the population isn't that high. It's 4000 km wide and 2000 km north/south.

There can be a lot of things going on such as these bushfires in areas where very relatively few people actually live. I'm guessing that pretty much all the bay12 Australians live in city areas, since that's where most Australians actually live. Googling evacuations, so far the biggest town I've found mentioned is Batlow, with a population of 1300, and then Mallacoota, population 1000. I mean, it's bad for those small country towns obviously, but if you live out in the forest, you know the risks.
« Last Edit: January 04, 2020, 05:29:55 pm by Reelya »

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #117562 on: January 04, 2020, 07:25:04 pm »

-
« Last Edit: November 23, 2020, 03:32:42 pm by dragdeler »
let

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #117563 on: January 04, 2020, 07:30:05 pm »

I found a website that compares the size of countries
thetruesize.com

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #117564 on: January 04, 2020, 07:38:14 pm »

I do not to be at work
I want to go on home and shirk

I don't want to be here today
But 30 minutes I must stay

Fuck the flu.
Coo Coo Katchoo.

I hate being sick.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #117565 on: January 04, 2020, 08:02:14 pm »

-
« Last Edit: November 23, 2020, 03:32:46 pm by dragdeler »
let

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #117566 on: January 04, 2020, 08:54:35 pm »

Australia is 7.69 million square kilometers. France is .64 million. That makes Australia closer to 12 times the size of France.
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #117567 on: January 04, 2020, 09:02:53 pm »

Ugh... Went out tonight. Met some nice people, met some medium people, met some... other people.

The other people acted in completely awful ways when I first became acquainted with them, but... Still, I'm the bad guy. I'm the psychopath. I'm the manic-psychotic who exists only to punish people.

It's just hard listening to the tiny voice inside yourself saying "It's okay to push these assholes away! You don't owe them any more understanding or forgiveness than you've already given!" when the external voices are telling you... Well, other things. Awful things.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #117568 on: January 04, 2020, 10:00:22 pm »

Why were they awful?
There's two kinds of performance reviews: the one you make they don't read, the one they make whilst they sharpen their daggers
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Eschar

• Bay Watcher
  • hello
    • View Profile
« Reply #117569 on: January 04, 2020, 10:08:49 pm »

Damn it, the Weird Possibly Pathological Psychological Rot Feeling (that's what I'm calling it now, since I know absolutely nothing else about it, including why it comes and goes) is back. In force. Not as bad as the last major occurrence (few months ago), but still makes me wish I had some way always at hand of quickly reaching an oblivious state. I have none except sleep, and that doesn't come quickly enough since the WPPPRF makes all awareness... painful.

Ugh... Went out tonight. Met some nice people, met some medium people, met some... other people.

The other people acted in completely awful ways when I first became acquainted with them, but... Still, I'm the bad guy. I'm the psychopath. I'm the manic-psychotic who exists only to punish people.

It's just hard listening to the tiny voice inside yourself saying "It's okay to push these assholes away! You don't owe them any more understanding or forgiveness than you've already given!" when the external voices are telling you... Well, other things. Awful things.

That's awful. What happened, Kagus?

And for the love of all that is holy, who is asserting you are a manic psychotic who exists only to punish people? Or even the bad guy? They shall face my wrath
« Last Edit: January 04, 2020, 10:12:40 pm by Eschar »
Pages: 1 ... 7836 7837 [7838] 7839 7840 ... 8153