Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7838 7839 [7840] 7841 7842 ... 8153

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 8474076 times)

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #117585 on: January 05, 2020, 10:11:46 am »

Laid back = puritan? I thought those were antonyms. But I wouldn't think it unusual for people be self-sabotaging; a mindset of self-hatred that wants one thing while compelling you to do the opposite is something I'm too familiar with.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #117586 on: January 05, 2020, 10:25:06 am »

Yeah, Kagus, you’re totes not the asshole in that sitch. You don’t need someone like that in your life, it seems like an awful lot of effort for being, at best, a fuckbuddy at her convenience.

Now if you want that, fair play to you, but there are probably less unpleasant people to do it with.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #117587 on: January 05, 2020, 11:01:19 am »

I notice in the story that most of the time it was Kagus following the girl around, it was really her calling the shots. Notice that you kept hanging around even though she's flirting with other guys, this sends the message that you'll put up with that shit.

Don't pay so much attention to them and you may have a better strike rate. Notice that as soon as you explicitly stopped paying attention that's when she turned into the attention-seeker. That's what that negging idea is about, I think: you make a point to stop paying attention then if they're actually interested you will get attention from them instead. Really, it's just a word for the male version of "hard to get". Don't be a push-over basically.
https://www.independent.co.uk/news/science/loves-big-secret-play-hard-to-get-8395973.html

It is a game, and part of that is a back and forth with who's paying attention to whom. If the girl you likes chats to other dudes then you might try chatting to a different girl. If the first girl actually likes you then she'll come and get your attention, but if not you just dodged a bullet and now have a shot with the second girl.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2020, 11:11:10 am by Reelya »

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #117588 on: January 05, 2020, 11:20:00 am »

Yeeeah, dunno how much I really want to learn as far as attracting girls like her is concerned...

I was already pretty done with her after the first time around, but was willing to give her a chance to turn that around at a potential coffee date. Buuut then the second encounter came around, and I really just wanted to see how far the shit circus would actually go.

Even so, I have a very long history of reacting poorly to people saying mean things to/about me, so writing off her broadcast of crazy and not caring about what she thinks of me has been harder than it should have been. I've been doing a pretty good job though! For me, anyways...

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #117589 on: January 05, 2020, 12:44:37 pm »

Vox, the Spanish fascist party. Sweet jebus. All the morning droning on about how Spain is being broken, how everyone else is an ETA sympathizer, how the (actually pretty tame) socialdemocrat goverment is actually a cover for an ETA/Venezolan  coalition. And the conservative party chiming along.
Seriously these guys are going full nazi with Basques and Catalonians playing the role of jews in their fascist minds. I find this unsettling. Even if in the process of doing this they are alienating many conservative votes and pushing themselves away from power, I find this unsettling.
There's two kinds of performance reviews: the one you make they don't read, the one they make whilst they sharpen their daggers
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #117590 on: January 05, 2020, 08:35:10 pm »

But what's your ETA?
Love, scriver~

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #117591 on: January 06, 2020, 02:03:40 am »

Shoot, I tried to kill myself yesterday. I'm not sure of anything anymore...

You know what's worse? As I recollect it now, I absolutely don't get why I tried to do that. There's no real cause. Am I insane? Possessed? Wierd, you're some psychology guy, can you help me?

I don't feel this is some mere winter depression. I don't feel this is some adolescence nonsense. I... I don't understand anything. Not anymore. I feel horribly weak. I can't push myself to do anything. I can't even pray well anymore. I feel like I've lost everything...
I'm glad you are still around, friend. That means that you have a chance to make things better. Shoot me a pm if you need a shoulder.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

NullForceOmega

• Bay Watcher
  • But, really, it's divine. Divinely tiresome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #117592 on: January 06, 2020, 05:00:16 am »

I am so sick of this.  Over the holidays I managed to get my sleep schedule back to something vaguely approaching sanity, and now a goddamned headcold has completely destroyed it again.  I want to go to bed at a sane time, I want to get more than three to four hours of sleep each night.  This is fucking stupid and is making everything more stupidly difficult than it has to be.
Grey morality is for people who wish to avoid retribution for misdeeds.

NullForceOmega is an immortal neanderthal who has been an amnesiac for the past 5000 years.

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #117593 on: January 06, 2020, 08:54:51 am »

What are you allergic to?

Molds (so year-round) and certain trees. The trees are hitting real hard right now, because it's technically spring here, with fall having just ended.

Edit: I know about the burning itch in my ears, but did you know the back sides of your eyeballs can itch? And my lungs hurt from coughing too much.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2020, 09:04:51 am by Iduno »

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #117594 on: January 06, 2020, 09:48:04 am »

Probably wouldn't hurt to be a bit more assertive and not just, like, go along with that sort of thing for so long - but I'm hardly one to talk.

Edit: oops, this was supposed to be in response to the Kagus sitch, but I forgot it wasn't the most recent page.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #117595 on: January 06, 2020, 11:01:35 am »

I am so sick of this.  Over the holidays I managed to get my sleep schedule back to something vaguely approaching sanity, and now a goddamned headcold has completely destroyed it again.  I want to go to bed at a sane time, I want to get more than three to four hours of sleep each night.  This is fucking stupid and is making everything more stupidly difficult than it has to be.

Take a day off to just be passed out all day, if that's a thing you can do. Sleeping like 12-14 hours seems to reset things nicely.

NullForceOmega

• Bay Watcher
  • But, really, it's divine. Divinely tiresome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #117596 on: January 06, 2020, 01:16:53 pm »

I actually cannot do that.  I am a stay-at-home father so there are things I simply cannot avoid doing, and I just plain cannot sleep, like at all.  I've tried that exact thing in the past and all that happens is I end up laying in bed for hours unable to sleep and I eventually have to get up anyway.  It's the dumbest damned thing and nothing I try works at all.
Grey morality is for people who wish to avoid retribution for misdeeds.

NullForceOmega is an immortal neanderthal who has been an amnesiac for the past 5000 years.

CABL

• Bay Watcher
  • Has a fetish for voring the rich
    • View Profile
« Reply #117597 on: January 07, 2020, 05:18:39 am »

Ugh, feeling stressed, numb and shitty. I need to start taking strolls in the parks, but it is winter now, and while it isn't cold, it is still not warm enough for the ice to melt, so I gotta watch my step.
Pounded in the Butt by my own Government... oh wait, that's real life.

Much less active than I used to be on these forums, but I still visit them on occasion. Will probably resume my activity in full once Dwarf Fortress will be released on Steam.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #117598 on: January 07, 2020, 05:31:13 am »

Why stroll when you can glide?
Love, scriver~

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #117599 on: January 07, 2020, 05:51:28 pm »

Why stroll when you can glide?
Bwcause humans are denser than air
Pages: 1 ... 7838 7839 [7840] 7841 7842 ... 8153