Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7839 7840 [7841] 7842 7843 ... 8153

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 8473751 times)

Magistrum

• Bay Watcher
  • Skilled Fortresser
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #117600 on: January 07, 2020, 06:22:06 pm »

Why are you putting your logic in the way of our fun?

Now I gotta go find some grease to slide. Not like I'm getting any snow around here.
In a time before time, I had a name.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Perhaps I'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #117601 on: January 07, 2020, 06:24:02 pm »

Glide could also refer to sliding skillfully on ice or something else with little friction. Though whoever part of me that manages my dreams seems to believe that I have the ability to arrest my vertical velocity and slide through the air, so maybe try that.
Down at the bottom of the ocean. Beneath tons of brine which would crush you down. Not into broken and splintered flesh, but into thin soup. Into just more of the sea water. Where things live that aren't so different from you, but you will never live to touch them and they will never live to touch you.

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #117602 on: January 08, 2020, 11:52:57 am »

Ugh, feeling stressed, numb and shitty. I need to start taking strolls in the parks, but it is winter now, and while it isn't cold, it is still not warm enough for the ice to melt, so I gotta watch my step.

Lean forward when you walk on ice. It's almost impossible to fall forward.

Glide could also refer to sliding skillfully on ice or something else with little friction. Though whoever part of me that manages my dreams seems to believe that I have the ability to arrest my vertical velocity and slide through the air, so maybe try that.

Or a piano.

Edit: typo in link code
« Last Edit: January 08, 2020, 01:01:52 pm by Iduno »

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #117603 on: January 08, 2020, 02:05:13 pm »

Fuck I'm tired.
« Last Edit: January 08, 2020, 02:07:08 pm by itisnotlogical »
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #117604 on: January 08, 2020, 03:34:56 pm »

-
« Last Edit: November 23, 2020, 03:37:09 pm by dragdeler »
let

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #117605 on: January 08, 2020, 03:52:43 pm »

Games have always been buggy, and nobody seems to care.

In RBI Baseball on the NES, you choose which base to throw to with the arrow keys. The game sometimes gets confused and isn't sure if you want to throw from the outfield to second base, or just turn around and chuck the ball into the crowd.

See also: Bethesda.

Testing is a cost center, and large companies will cut that like the quality on the toilet paper.

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #117606 on: January 08, 2020, 04:08:52 pm »

-
« Last Edit: November 23, 2020, 03:37:15 pm by dragdeler »
let

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #117607 on: January 08, 2020, 06:18:50 pm »

I just can't, my urge to avoid people is turning into a real problem, when was the last time I cooked? I can't remember. I'm starting to hate the few people that were still in my life, and instead of just nodding like I did for allmost 30 years, I keep calling them out on their behaviour and it's not going too well. I. just. can't. I lack the fundamental ability to ask for help, accept help and trust people. Which turns all of my relationships into one-way streets. And I'm running out of patience. What's the point of even trying, why do I still struggle?
I think I had mild social anxiety at one point. It's a constant struggle to get over something like that, and all it takes is one slip and you're back to turtling yourself away.
Yours sounds more severe, but I'll say what helped me.

Instead of just nodding at people, I remembered their names and said something to the effect of "hi, Jane! How's your week been?"
A small enough change, but it engages you in conversation and, over time, forms friendships.

Also, restricting my social interactions to an inner circle of friends who were very similar to me made me assume other people, who tend to not be so similar, were on a different plane. Not a worse plane, just one that made interacting with them hard. Football? Women? Nightclubs? Who cares.

The thing is, though, that people just like talking about their passions. And you can respond to those passions, rather than the topic itself. I see myself in people very often now. The core, as it were, is the same.

Your main problem, though, seems to be building a desire to talk to other people. Some think a smile and a few pleasant words costs nothing; this is not always the case. But work on doing it anyway, and you might surprise yourself.

My two cents.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #117608 on: January 08, 2020, 07:42:15 pm »

-
« Last Edit: November 23, 2020, 03:37:19 pm by dragdeler »
let

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #117609 on: January 08, 2020, 09:03:56 pm »

If it helps, plenty of other humans, including myself, do similar things, over interpreting and under interpreting what certain things mean or don’t mean, whether gestures are intentional or not, wondering whether speech, tone, posture, or body movements are the main m4ssages or secondary messages. If you are lucky, the people who you ar stalking to might tell you what the main message is if you ask whether the posture during the conversation changes the meaning of the words. I probably worded that weirdly. I haven’t actually asked anyone things like that, but it is a hypothetical thing for if I get confused. An example of what I am talking about is if someone’s posture appears like they are mad at something, and their tone and words seem to be jovial, the one listening may be confused on whether the person in question is indeed mad at the thing they are talking about/ if people read this post and get confused or need clarification, please ask and I will clarify. Dragdeler, if this wasn’t helpful I am sorry

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #117610 on: January 09, 2020, 10:42:34 am »

-
« Last Edit: November 23, 2020, 03:37:22 pm by dragdeler »
let

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #117611 on: January 09, 2020, 11:20:11 am »

"normies"
Love, scriver~

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #117612 on: January 09, 2020, 01:06:38 pm »

Molds (so year-round) and certain trees. The trees are hitting real hard right now, because it's technically spring here, with fall having just ended.

Edit: I know about the burning itch in my ears, but did you know the back sides of your eyeballs can itch? And my lungs hurt from coughing too much.

Why does the human body decide that the solution to allergens is to package them up and send them to your stomach? Having your stomach constantly burning/itching and freaking out about allergens is not pleasant.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #117613 on: January 09, 2020, 01:19:59 pm »

So that you can expunge?
Love, scriver~

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #117614 on: January 09, 2020, 03:41:31 pm »

Yeah, I shouldn't have gone with making that a question, but it didn't seem like the right place for a
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Pages: 1 ... 7839 7840 [7841] 7842 7843 ... 8153