Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7841 7842 [7843] 7844 7845 ... 8153

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 8474418 times)

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #117630 on: January 12, 2020, 03:23:42 pm »

Apple-bottom shell (bottom shell)
Claws with the fur (with the fur)

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #117631 on: January 12, 2020, 03:57:22 pm »

Technically it wasn't today, but Peart died Tuesday and I'm still lingeringly sad about it.

McTraveller

• Bay Watcher
  • This text isn't very personal.
    • View Profile
« Reply #117632 on: January 12, 2020, 06:13:59 pm »

I've started about three replies to threads today and deleted them all, because I don't think there's anything edifying in them.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Perhaps I'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #117633 on: January 12, 2020, 06:21:46 pm »

They can't all be winners, friend~
Down at the bottom of the ocean. Beneath tons of brine which would crush you down. Not into broken and splintered flesh, but into thin soup. Into just more of the sea water. Where things live that aren't so different from you, but you will never live to touch them and they will never live to touch you.

Magistrum

• Bay Watcher
  • Skilled Fortresser
    • View Profile
« Reply #117634 on: January 12, 2020, 08:46:46 pm »

I would like to point all that constructive discussion is not required for entertainment. Go for it, just for the giggles if nothing else.
In a time before time, I had a name.

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #117635 on: January 13, 2020, 08:59:00 am »

Shush. We don't talk about how Kagus makes us all sad. That would make him sad.
It's fine, I do a pretty good job of that myself anyways.

I had a nice evening. Had a pleasant chat with several friends, went to go watch the new Jumanji with a couple other friends, we snuck wine into the theater using travel cups, it was fun.

Did you know that 375 mL bottles are shaped so they perfectly fit your lower back where your pants meet your back? Throw your shirt/jacket over the top, pour the ice out your soda, and you're good to go. You can also sometimes find 750 mL bottles that are shaped like the 375 mL ones.

I've started about three replies to threads today and deleted them all, because I don't think there's anything edifying in them.

Have you read threads on Internet before? If we all thought like that, this place would be a ghost town.

Magistrum

• Bay Watcher
  • Skilled Fortresser
    • View Profile
« Reply #117636 on: January 13, 2020, 04:07:00 pm »

Did you know that 375 mL bottles are shaped so they perfectly fit your lower back where your pants meet your back?

How exactly does one discover this? Were you fitting bottles in your pants for fun or what?

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #117637 on: January 13, 2020, 04:47:00 pm »

Did you know that 375 mL bottles are shaped so they perfectly fit your lower back where your pants meet your back?

How exactly does one discover this? Were you fitting bottles in your pants for fun or what?

Trying to find places to hide booze bottles on my person, to sneak them into movie theaters.

The bottles that are significantly wider than they are thick are an obvious place to start, because they stick out less. And putting a bottle in the front of your pants means it pokes into your stomach, and creates a weird bulge in front where it is most likely to draw attention. Probably the same reason people in action movies always have a gun hidden in the back of their pants: the space between your back muscles is a convenient hiding spot. That 375 mL bottles curve just right is a happy accident. I mean, who would design a flask-sized object to be snuck into places?

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #117638 on: January 13, 2020, 04:56:51 pm »

Is that a 375mL bottle perfectly shaped for your lower back in your pocket or are you just happy to see me?
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #117639 on: January 13, 2020, 05:00:12 pm »

She had a purse, so we were pretty set even without trouser spirits.

On a tangentially-related note, I'd like to know why I feel like I don't care about anything... Am I scared of the failure and ridicule involved with pursuing something I enjoy, or do I legitimately just not have any passions?  I feel like I should really attempt a hobby or a skill or something, but... Why? What's the point?

How do I do something I enjoy doing, if I don't want to do anything?

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Perhaps I'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #117640 on: January 13, 2020, 05:04:46 pm »

You find a nice skinner box, I guess.
Down at the bottom of the ocean. Beneath tons of brine which would crush you down. Not into broken and splintered flesh, but into thin soup. Into just more of the sea water. Where things live that aren't so different from you, but you will never live to touch them and they will never live to touch you.

Magistrum

• Bay Watcher
  • Skilled Fortresser
    • View Profile
« Reply #117641 on: January 13, 2020, 05:42:29 pm »

Yay for supernormal stimuli!

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #117642 on: January 13, 2020, 06:48:13 pm »

She had a purse, so we were pretty set even without trouser spirits.

That would also work.

On a tangentially-related note, I'd like to know why I feel like I don't care about anything... Am I scared of the failure and ridicule involved with pursuing something I enjoy, or do I legitimately just not have any passions?  I feel like I should really attempt a hobby or a skill or something, but... Why? What's the point?

How do I do something I enjoy doing, if I don't want to do anything?

Have you tried spite? You just do things because other people don't believe in you, and that brings you joy, because fuck them.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #117643 on: January 13, 2020, 07:30:52 pm »

Is that a 375mL bottle perfectly shaped for your lower back in your pocket or are you just happy to see me?
Gods I'm so thirsty (in both those senses) this sounds like a dream.

Feels like it's been more than two weeks, bluh.  The crazy semi-waking dreams are pretty much gone, along with the nervous energy.  I figure I'm probably over the physical symptoms.

Thing is I've been housesitting my Gma for most of that time, and I'm getting bored out of my freakin skull.  I can't really focus on anything because I have to engage in the most asinine small-talk imaginable.  Repeatedly, because dementia.  Did you know she doesn't like the rain?  I will never forget, that's for sure.  8 times she asked what fell out the window (nothing did, the windows don't open, she just had a dream where *I* fell out and then adjusted the delusion after the first telling.  Yes, she asked me how falling out of the 5th story window went).

I'm just killing time and getting paid for it.  I guess that's... pretty normal, jeez.  And when I can get her focusing on old photos, she starts talking about family history, and some of that's pretty cool.  She sure enjoys it.

I'm not sure what she meant by the family "rolling a tire down south from England" to NC.  But I bet someone did die in a turkeyshoot before "we" built the farm.

It'd be cool if she mistook me for a woman just once, considering I've been her brother, son, nephew, or just "that man".  But at one point she called me dad's husband, and that got a laugh out of both of us once she realized XD
(I'm not a man or woman, but I have no desire to try to explain that to her.  I don't even understand it myself.  I just don't like the reminder about how I appear)

It's kinda weird how I see her demented state and want to essentially join in, via alcohol.  Except she's constantly worrying about problems which don't exist, whereas I'd like to briefly stop worrying about problems which are... under control, and don't need to be obsessed about.

Thursday's moving day.  For the past two weeks we've basically shoveled moondust into random piles, me and her, so she can feel like she's getting ready.  But there's really nothing she needs to do.  It doesn't even feel sad anymore.  Dad pointed out that she's been reading the same book for months, and my honest reaction was to shrug because she clearly enjoys it still.  That ought to horrify me, right?

This Saturday I might have a juniper-flavored lotus blossom.  Dunno.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #117644 on: January 14, 2020, 01:10:10 am »

Welp, it's official. My employer has dumped me off of health insurance. So, now I have to wait until next month when my self-paid insurance kicks in to get any of the imaging, prescriptions, or other healthcare I desperately need. What I'm not 100% on is if they've backdated the rescindence and dropped a $180,000 surgery bill in my lap that will force me into bankruptcy. Fuck healthcare costs, man. The whole world needs Universal Healthcare. No one should have to go through what I'm going through physically, let alone have to worry about monetary implications, too.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting
Pages: 1 ... 7841 7842 [7843] 7844 7845 ... 8153