Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7842 7843 [7844] 7845 7846 ... 8153

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 8470593 times)

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #117645 on: January 14, 2020, 03:14:55 am »

-
« Last Edit: November 23, 2020, 03:37:27 pm by dragdeler »
let

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #117646 on: January 14, 2020, 03:30:21 am »

Have you tried spite? You just do things because other people don't believe in you, and that brings you joy, because fuck them.
That's kind of the problem; everyone I know supports and believes in me and knows that I can accomplish great things with whatever I set my mind to. Slightly more difficult to be spiteful towards that. Also means that any time I fuck up, I'm letting all of them down in addition to myself!

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #117647 on: January 14, 2020, 08:33:33 am »

Have you tried spite? You just do things because other people don't believe in you, and that brings you joy, because fuck them.
That's kind of the problem; everyone I know supports and believes in me and knows that I can accomplish great things with whatever I set my mind to. Slightly more difficult to be spiteful towards that. Also means that any time I fuck up, I'm letting all of them down in addition to myself!
But you're not letting them down, probably. :) Friends can be... Weirdly accepting of failure.
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #117648 on: January 14, 2020, 01:28:49 pm »

Yeah, it works better around coworkers or family.

But you're not letting them down, probably. :) Friends can be... Weirdly accepting of failure.

Yeah, we'll tell you we expected it just to give you a hard time, but we don't mean it.

Eschar

• Bay Watcher
  • hello
    • View Profile
« Reply #117649 on: January 14, 2020, 05:04:26 pm »

That's kind of the problem; everyone I know supports and believes in me and knows that I can accomplish great things with whatever I set my mind to.

Well then, Bay12 can just be unsupportive enough to make up for them!
Actually no we cannot, as I feel terminally guilty just writing that, please don't take me seriously Kagus

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #117650 on: January 14, 2020, 05:08:04 pm »

I'm good at negative feelings. I could hate any of you inconditionally if it'd make you feel better
There's two kinds of performance reviews: the one you make they don't read, the one they make whilst they sharpen their daggers
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Perhaps I'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #117651 on: January 14, 2020, 10:15:10 pm »

I've got enough enemies.
Which is only a few, but far enough.
Down at the bottom of the ocean. Beneath tons of brine which would crush you down. Not into broken and splintered flesh, but into thin soup. Into just more of the sea water. Where things live that aren't so different from you, but you will never live to touch them and they will never live to touch you.

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #117652 on: January 15, 2020, 04:40:54 pm »

I wanted to laugh about Oliver North on TV complaining about Iran having weapons, but then I read this.

scourge728

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #117653 on: January 15, 2020, 08:16:27 pm »

The counterfeit currency thread got nuked before we could shitpost on it until it died a natural death :(

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Perhaps I'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #117654 on: January 17, 2020, 07:10:01 pm »

Ehh, it's for the best. Deleting threads with lots of replies causes the forum indigestion, I hear.
Down at the bottom of the ocean. Beneath tons of brine which would crush you down. Not into broken and splintered flesh, but into thin soup. Into just more of the sea water. Where things live that aren't so different from you, but you will never live to touch them and they will never live to touch you.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #117655 on: January 18, 2020, 08:34:34 am »

Shit is shit. And I'm at a new work rehabilitation placement and it is absolute shit beyond shit. It's shit.
Love, scriver~

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #117656 on: January 18, 2020, 12:25:48 pm »

I'm just fucking crushed today. I don't want to talk about it, I can't, but I'm just fucking crushed. I'm sickened with myself. I'm poisoned, my whole life is poisoned. There was no point in being born if I was just going to become this pathetic. Just fuck me, I hate myself.

I usually like to wrap my miseries up in really articulate rationalization that make it atleast SEEM that my woes are very spiritual and intellectual, lofty and important, but fuck, I'm just laid bare as the pissant I am today. I really can't say what the matter is, it's too much, or perhaps too little, and it crushes me like the shallow and worthless pissant I am. Goddamnit.

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #117657 on: January 18, 2020, 12:44:27 pm »

-
« Last Edit: November 23, 2020, 03:37:30 pm by dragdeler »
let

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile
« Reply #117658 on: January 18, 2020, 03:27:26 pm »

It occurs to me now that I don't think I'm cut out to continue pursuing my major. As a Journalism major, I'm currently taking a class that requires me to write a minimum of 2 articles a week.

I'm having difficulty just writing one, and part of that is because I can't come up with any ideas for stories so the one I came up with was kind of last-minute and ill-prepared. I'm sitting at my desk right now with barely 15 minutes worth of interviews (probably less since some of that recording is silence) and I have no idea how to put that into a cohesive story that isn't extremely dry.

Similarly, I'm having difficulty coming up with ideas on what I want to change my major to. The closest things I can think of are Music or Music Composition (since I do have a slight interest in both), but that requires an audition and I haven't played in years - not to mention I'm worried I'll run into the same issue I'm running into now.

Then there's the fact that I'm not sure I'm capable of holding down a "normal" job, and that I don't even really know what that is.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #117659 on: January 18, 2020, 03:47:22 pm »

Fluff, pad, and extrapolate. Have enough material on a subject for half an article, but not a whole one? Haphazardly find a connection and pin it to the bottom half of another topic you can start (and summarize) with.

Look at the bullshit modern professional journalists get away with, and copy that.
Pages: 1 ... 7842 7843 [7844] 7845 7846 ... 8153