Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7859 7860 [7861] 7862 7863 ... 8153

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 8470938 times)

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #117900 on: February 23, 2020, 12:31:02 am »

Edit: Oh yeah, and I need an Amazon account to get my mail now.
why? Is there not a post office?

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #117901 on: February 23, 2020, 01:19:02 am »

Got my car back from the mechanic. They told me the thing's a piece of junk and not worth the cost of fixing it.
Every car Ive ever owned has been 'a car Im going to drive into the ground' and subject to a pro/con list as to what I fix.  The heat only turns on when the car is hot, I have some dings on the rear end, the windshield fluid sometimes works, and my remote starter died a few months ago and it needs a dealer-exclusive tool to fix.  The passanger window slipped its alignment, it has a small oil leak, and a smaller antifreeze leak, but otherwise is a pretty solid gitup.  After I replaced the brakepads, got 2 new tires, replaced the battery and some wiring, and that ceiling cloth is stapled on in various places.
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #117902 on: February 23, 2020, 09:51:00 am »

Yes, but they deliver to an Amazon delivery center at my apartments.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #117903 on: February 23, 2020, 11:35:32 am »

why not just deliver to you? Going through a middleman seems like an unnecessary step

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #117904 on: February 23, 2020, 01:00:21 pm »

why not just deliver to you? Going through a middleman seems like an unnecessary step

They make more money if they sell the rights to knowing what's in my mail to Amazon. It's tough to raise rent as much as they'd like when rent is already ~half of what people earn, and raises are very small, so they find other ways to increase profits.

Edit: Also, doing all of that and then activating my account got me...nothing. I still don't know which locker to open or how. And I don't have a prybar.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2020, 09:11:22 pm by Iduno »

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #117905 on: February 24, 2020, 12:22:05 am »

Edit: Also, doing all of that and then activating my account got me...nothing. I still don't know which locker to open or how. And I don't have a prybar.
TEKTON 3320 18-Inch Utility Pry Bar with FREE no-rush shipping on Amazon. You're welcome!   
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #117906 on: February 24, 2020, 07:12:23 am »

They make more money if they sell the rights to knowing what's in my mail to Amazon.

That sounds very unlikely as a reason they want a united drop-off point. You're data isn't worth shit enough to assign a space in the physical world for it. If they have mail-drop there and they want data from that, they have to pay a real person to scan the data. The mail data for your one building just ain't worth taking up space and paying a full-time employee to collect it.

Think about the logistics of dropping stuff off to say 6 people in your building. Maybe not everyone is home to pick up at the time they come, so they clear a few but then have to do extra trips. That's costly. Or they drop stuff outside your unit if you're not home to save the extra trips but then it gets stolen and you're on the phone for hours costing them money in customer service calls, and they probably end up replacing it for free. A single drop-off center means one trip per day, not fucking around, you pick up when you're there and you have to sign for it, so nothing gets stolen and/or nobody can bullshit them about the stuff being stolen off doorsteps. The reason for a single center is that it reduces trips and phone calls they have to deal with.

BTW People have a strange idea about what counts as data-collection too. I was reading an article about a company that uses Google Analytics, and commentors said that's proof that they're "selling the data to Google". No they're not. Google Analytics is a data-analysis web service. When you see a site is linking to "Google Analytics" it is categorically not selling your data to Google as a company. Whoever owns that website is paying Google for the service. It's common sense if you think about it but people see "google analytics" and jump to "Google's got my data!"
« Last Edit: February 24, 2020, 07:41:24 am by Reelya »

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #117907 on: February 24, 2020, 08:45:52 am »

They make more money if they sell the rights to knowing what's in my mail to Amazon.

That sounds very unlikely as a reason they want a united drop-off point. You're data isn't worth shit enough to assign a space in the physical world for it. If they have mail-drop there and they want data from that, they have to pay a real person to scan the data. The mail data for your one building just ain't worth taking up space and paying a full-time employee to collect it.

Think about the logistics of dropping stuff off to say 6 people in your building.

Few hundred, but similar idea.

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #117908 on: February 24, 2020, 08:53:25 am »

I meant, 6 people per day out of the number of people in the building (that would be 1 delivery every ~2 weeks per household if there were 100 households in the building).

unless you guys get Amazon deliveries really, really often, which I guess is possible over there.

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #117909 on: February 24, 2020, 10:15:11 am »

I meant, 6 people per day out of the number of people in the building (that would be 1 delivery every ~2 weeks per household if there were 100 households in the building).

unless you guys get Amazon deliveries really, really often, which I guess is possible over there.

No, a few hundred households, and also it's every single delivery, no matter who the carrier is.

Great Order

• Bay Watcher
  • [SCREAMS_INTERNALLY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #117910 on: February 26, 2020, 03:17:55 pm »

Depression.

I know depression is a lying bitch, but unfortunately knowing that doesn't make its effects feel any less real. Just because I know my life's pretty decent all things considered doesn't mean that I'm going to be happy. I really, really wish it would because I'm getting fed up with the constant sadness, self-doubt, lack of self-esteem, feeling unloveable and so on. And this is me on antidepressants that I know are working because I was worse before I started on them.
I may have wasted all those years
They're not worth their time in tears
I may have spent too long in darkness
In the warmth of my fears

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #117911 on: February 26, 2020, 03:21:01 pm »

Depression.

I know depression is a lying bitch, but unfortunately knowing that doesn't make its effects feel any less real. Just because I know my life's pretty decent all things considered doesn't mean that I'm going to be happy. I really, really wish it would because I'm getting fed up with the constant sadness, self-doubt, lack of self-esteem, feeling unloveable and so on. And this is me on antidepressants that I know are working because I was worse before I started on them.

I wasn't expecting to be ninja'd like this, but there you have it. Guess it's one of those days, eh?

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #117912 on: February 26, 2020, 03:24:40 pm »

sad ninja hides his face
Love, scriver~

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #117913 on: February 26, 2020, 03:43:12 pm »

Depression.

Agreed. Brains suck.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Eschar

• Bay Watcher
  • hello
    • View Profile
« Reply #117914 on: February 28, 2020, 03:45:15 pm »

A friend of mine seems to be very upset. I don't know her well enough to comfort her (or anybody, ever, but that's a whole other story). However, a mutual friend who knows her better will probably talk to her later
Pages: 1 ... 7859 7860 [7861] 7862 7863 ... 8153