Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7896 7897 [7898] 7899 7900 ... 8153

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 8473716 times)

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #118455 on: June 30, 2020, 05:20:10 am »

You can still read books to him, even if he's not old enough to understand what you're saying, he would understand that his father is speaking to him and cares about him.

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
  • System Lord and Hanslanda lees evil twin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #118456 on: June 30, 2020, 08:26:40 am »

Have attempted that before, he gets bored within seconds. But last nigth tried once again and he fell sleep after 3 short stories.with
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #118458 on: July 01, 2020, 09:24:07 am »

-
« Last Edit: November 23, 2020, 03:45:27 pm by dragdeler »
let

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #118459 on: July 01, 2020, 05:00:50 pm »

We do have a little strip of grass right in front of our apartment (ground floor). Technically is not ours but no one else does maintenance of it and a long time ago I put some grass in there, the short little one that smothers all other weeds, we call it chinese grass. The grass did survive till today but hasn't expanded that much. Perhaps I'll clean and weed out the strip with him so the grass has somewhere to expand.

Edit: Power and internet came back and found the grass on the internet, it's called Zoysia
« Last Edit: July 01, 2020, 05:03:18 pm by LordBaal »
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

delphonso

• Bay Watcher
  • menaces with spikes of pine
    • View Profile
« Reply #118460 on: July 02, 2020, 04:45:51 am »

Oof. About 6 months ago, my father died suddenly of cancer. This week, my grandfather (mother's side) died of cancer as well, also rather suddenly.

Pretty rough, guys.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #118461 on: July 02, 2020, 05:37:56 am »

Sincerest condolences, mate.
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #118462 on: July 02, 2020, 08:07:14 am »

Im very sorry Delphonso, may you find strenght, courage and aceptance.

Imic

• Bay Watcher
  • Still sad
    • View Profile
« Reply #118463 on: July 03, 2020, 04:47:53 pm »

As my 18th birthday approaches and all my anxieties and fears and mental health problems come to roost, I've just had to accept that my mood is going to be changeable. I don't feel like I can be unhappy when I was happy not long ago, and i don't feel like I can be happy when I was sad not long ago, but these things are changing so much. I've always concealed my age on this site, though how well is a question very much up in the air which I stopped looking to answer a long time ago because those are worries that i don't need right now, but I've finally stopped caring enough to bother. I'm just so fucking miserable. I would never have predicted that I'd be on antidepressants on my 18th birthday. Every tiny mistake I make, every time I annoy or piss off someone, it all makes me feel so guilty and anxious. I love this place and the people within it, but I don't know if I've ever really been a real part of it. Everything I do wrong just fuels my anxiety. Am I becoming an asshole, or am I paranoid? Have I ever been a tolerable Human Being? I don't know. I don't know.
Imic's no longer allowed to vote.
Quote from: smyttysmyth
Well aren't you cheery
Quote cabinet
Regrets every choice he made and makes, including writing this here.

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #118464 on: July 03, 2020, 05:23:14 pm »

If it helps at all, we’ve interacted for at least a couple months every year since 2017, and I’ve never found you annoying. In fact, I always looked forward to seeing you show up.

(Also, I had no idea you were a teenager before, so you did a good job on that front. I had guessed you were mid-20s.)
My mods and forum games.
Enemy post has claimed the title of Dragonsong the Harmonic of Melodious Exaltion!

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #118465 on: July 03, 2020, 05:25:02 pm »

I’ve also interacted with you and think you;re nice to talk with.
« Last Edit: July 03, 2020, 06:41:23 pm by Naturegirl1999 »

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #118466 on: July 03, 2020, 06:18:49 pm »

I generally have a hard time keeping track of people, but for what it's worth I think of you as a Cool Dude.   
Ditto having no idea how young you were, too. If I can offer one piece of advice, it'd be to stop stressing over how "tolerable" you are, but of course that's easier said than done. Anxiety-five! If high-fives themselves make you anxious, just remember to look at the other party's elbow.   
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #118467 on: July 03, 2020, 06:42:16 pm »

I generally have a hard time keeping track of people, but for what it's worth I think of you as a Cool Dude.   
Ditto having no idea how young you were, too. If I can offer one piece of advice, it'd be to stop stressing over how "tolerable" you are, but of course that's easier said than done. Anxiety-five! If high-fives themselves make you anxious, just remember to look at the other party's elbow.   
I’ve never heard of people looking at elbows while trying a high five, I feel like that would cause a miss of the hands

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #118468 on: July 03, 2020, 07:11:42 pm »

As my 18th birthday...Have I ever been a tolerable Human Being?

Learn stuff about the world and people, and try to become a tolerable human being. Nobody should (although the probably will) expect you to have enough experience to really have become *you* yet.

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #118469 on: July 03, 2020, 07:31:04 pm »

As my 18th birthday...Have I ever been a tolerable Human Being?

Learn stuff about the world and people, and try to become a tolerable human being. Nobody should (although the probably will) expect you to have enough experience to really have become *you* yet.

You're even tolerable when we disagree on things. You're super tolerable. Likable, even.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0
Pages: 1 ... 7896 7897 [7898] 7899 7900 ... 8153