Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7897 7898 [7899] 7900 7901 ... 8153

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 8474772 times)

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
  • System Lord and Hanslanda lees evil twin.
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #118470 on: July 03, 2020, 07:38:44 pm »

Wow Imic, you are very mature for your age.
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #118471 on: July 03, 2020, 07:53:39 pm »

As my 18th birthday approaches and all my anxieties and fears and mental health problems come to roost, I've just had to accept that my mood is going to be changeable. I don't feel like I can be unhappy when I was happy not long ago, and i don't feel like I can be happy when I was sad not long ago, but these things are changing so much. I've always concealed my age on this site, though how well is a question very much up in the air which I stopped looking to answer a long time ago because those are worries that i don't need right now, but I've finally stopped caring enough to bother. I'm just so fucking miserable. I would never have predicted that I'd be on antidepressants on my 18th birthday. Every tiny mistake I make, every time I annoy or piss off someone, it all makes me feel so guilty and anxious. I love this place and the people within it, but I don't know if I've ever really been a real part of it. Everything I do wrong just fuels my anxiety. Am I becoming an asshole, or am I paranoid? Have I ever been a tolerable Human Being? I don't know. I don't know.

goodness gracious, it's me as a young adult except the big reveal is age instead of secretly not being a cis dude

You're a good kid and you're gonna be ok even if it doesn't feel like it right now. Put one foot in front of another, let people take care of you as you can, and try to focus on your own contribution. Human beings are too special and wonderful to have the big question be something like likeability.  Being uniquely you, with your own worries and agonies, is good enough. Just keep sharing your feelings and live day by day.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Eschar

• Bay Watcher
  • hello
    • View Profile
« Reply #118472 on: July 03, 2020, 11:36:35 pm »

Imic, your fears are similar to my own. In fact I'm a similar age (plus or minus one year.) I don't know how much that helps, but it might; it helps me a bit to know.

Imic

• Bay Watcher
  • Still sad
    • View Profile
« Reply #118473 on: July 04, 2020, 02:32:14 am »

I don’t know what to say except thank you. Thank you all.
Imic's no longer allowed to vote.
Quote from: smyttysmyth
Well aren't you cheery
Quote cabinet
Regrets every choice he made and makes, including writing this here.

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #118474 on: July 04, 2020, 07:52:53 am »

Did anyone manage to get sleep last night? Explosions, sirens, gunfire, and PTSD all night here.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #118475 on: July 04, 2020, 07:55:07 am »

Did anyone manage to get sleep last night? Explosions, sirens, gunfire, and PTSD all night here.
I didn’t get any of that, what happened last night?
Edit: I got sleep, not the sirens/gunfire/explosions
« Last Edit: July 04, 2020, 10:23:23 am by Naturegirl1999 »

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #118476 on: July 04, 2020, 10:07:04 am »

I didn’t but that was because of cats and fireworks.

And it being so goddamn hot. Who the fuck wants 90 and humid for 4 months.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

TheSteppeWolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Надад чонын сэтгэл байна
    • View Profile
« Reply #118477 on: July 04, 2020, 12:16:52 pm »

Yesterday one of my IRL friends got diagnosed with cancer. I... I'm not comfortable telling more than this... it's considered rude.
Those who stomp on Mongolian land, will leave their lives on Mongolian doorstep.

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #118478 on: July 04, 2020, 01:20:17 pm »

That sucks. Be there for your pal.
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #118479 on: July 04, 2020, 02:11:41 pm »

I didn’t but that was because of cats and fireworks.

And it being so goddamn hot. Who the fuck wants 90 and humid for 4 months.

Only 90 and only 4 months? Might be an improvement. Does it ever cool off? We're at ~75 F and humid right at dawn, and 100 during the day.

Yesterday one of my IRL friends got diagnosed with cancer. I... I'm not comfortable telling more than this... it's considered rude.

Hopefully it's the survivable kind. It's still real unpleasant, but...

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #118480 on: July 05, 2020, 02:03:43 am »

My computer just blew up impressively. Sparks and whatnot.

I knew I shouldn't have bought games. Bad things happen when I spend money on myself.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

George_Chickens

• Bay Watcher
  • Ghosts are stored in the balls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #118481 on: July 05, 2020, 04:02:49 am »

My computer just blew up impressively. Sparks and whatnot.

I knew I shouldn't have bought games. Bad things happen when I spend money on myself.
Sounds like your power supply blew out.
Ghosts are stored in the balls?[/quote]
also George_Chickens quit fucking my sister

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #118482 on: July 05, 2020, 11:06:50 am »

You migth be able to recover some or most pieces of it.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #118483 on: July 05, 2020, 05:21:59 pm »

Nothing seems damaged. There was a lot of dust, of course, and a spot of corrosion on the video card. RAM looks fine, mobo looks fine, HDD looks fine. Nothing but the power supply smells burnt. I think I dodged a bullet, but I'm still anxious.

Also, I know that I know what I'm doing with computers. I have a computer science degree. I've built dozens of computers. Hell, my current machine is a Frankenstein build.

I still feel like I have no idea what I'm doing when I open one up. Anxiety and impostor syndrome suck.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #118484 on: July 05, 2020, 05:31:27 pm »

As Adam turned upon his creator, so has your creation turned against you

Why couldn't you just love me, Father
Love, scriver~
Pages: 1 ... 7897 7898 [7899] 7900 7901 ... 8153