Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7898 7899 [7900] 7901 7902 ... 8156

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 8566289 times)

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
  • System Lord and Hanslanda lees evil twin.
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #118485 on: July 05, 2020, 05:45:24 pm »

As Adam turned upon his creator, so has your creation turned against you

Why couldn't you just love me, Father
Did DF turned against Toady and Three Toe?

Edit: No wait, do they turned against DF? But DF is their creation...
« Last Edit: July 05, 2020, 05:47:02 pm by LordBaal »
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

Eschar

• Bay Watcher
  • hello
    • View Profile
« Reply #118486 on: July 05, 2020, 07:33:07 pm »

No, MZ's computer turned against him. Dwarf Fortress wasn't involved... or was it?

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #118487 on: July 05, 2020, 07:39:19 pm »

No, MZ's computer turned against him. Dwarf Fortress wasn't involved... or was it?
This game looks looks like it was a lot of fun. I’d play it if it hadn’t died.

Eschar

• Bay Watcher
  • hello
    • View Profile
« Reply #118488 on: July 05, 2020, 07:39:59 pm »

This game looks looks like it was a lot of fun. I’d play it if it hadn’t died.

Aye. You'd probably enjoy reading it as well. It's quite good.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #118489 on: July 06, 2020, 12:33:19 am »

Indeed, his Frankenstein computer
Love, scriver~

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #118490 on: July 06, 2020, 03:00:52 am »

-
« Last Edit: November 23, 2020, 03:45:32 pm by dragdeler »
let

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #118491 on: July 06, 2020, 08:53:15 am »

The awesome job I got at the start of the year? It still havent pick up thanks to this damn virus thing.

So the bonus in USD is being whitheld from me until we start working, in six months I have collected it only twice after great pains and asking....

I still have the regular salary in our local currency, wich comes twice a month and cover enough to feed us for two or three days(streching it thinly) each time.

Thankfully we supplied ourselves plenty with long lasting food and so far have managed to avoid counting calories again. Also I have been doing lots of small jobs again to re-stock whenever possible.

The suckiest part is that upper management asked me yesterday basically to fire the other dude that is working with me. I understand their position because hes not doing anything at all, while I am using all my contacts and strings from back when I was working in the food factories industry to get them providers, hence being at least marginally useful.

On the other hand this dude wife got cancer a few months ago and I now he migth need the money, but since the bonus payments are frozen anyway then is just the same. However firing someone that doesnt deserve it just  because outside reasons is very sucky and in this case my responsability. I mean, I have enough power that could opt to just say no and Im considering it, but then in the long run I'll have to justify it and the issue is that rigth now I dont have anything to do so....

Heavy is the crown of branch management.
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #118492 on: July 06, 2020, 11:03:02 am »

The awesome job I got at the start of the year? It still havent pick up thanks to this damn virus thing.

So the bonus in USD is being whitheld from me until we start working, in six months I have collected it only twice after great pains and asking....

I still have the regular salary in our local currency, wich comes twice a month and cover enough to feed us for two or three days(streching it thinly) each time.

Thankfully we supplied ourselves plenty with long lasting food and so far have managed to avoid counting calories again. Also I have been doing lots of small jobs again to re-stock whenever possible.

The suckiest part is that upper management asked me yesterday basically to fire the other dude that is working with me. I understand their position because hes not doing anything at all, while I am using all my contacts and strings from back when I was working in the food factories industry to get them providers, hence being at least marginally useful.

On the other hand this dude wife got cancer a few months ago and I now he migth need the money, but since the bonus payments are frozen anyway then is just the same. However firing someone that doesnt deserve it just  because outside reasons is very sucky and in this case my responsability. I mean, I have enough power that could opt to just say no and Im considering it, but then in the long run I'll have to justify it and the issue is that rigth now I dont have anything to do so....

Heavy is the crown of branch management.

Any way you can help him find new work?

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #118493 on: July 06, 2020, 12:59:17 pm »

Sadly no. I can barely find things to do myself.

Quaksna

• Bay Watcher
  • Dreams of creating a great work of art.
    • View Profile
« Reply #118494 on: July 06, 2020, 03:43:33 pm »

Enrico Morricone has died. :(

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #118495 on: July 06, 2020, 07:52:43 pm »

-
« Last Edit: November 23, 2020, 03:45:36 pm by dragdeler »
let

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #118496 on: July 08, 2020, 08:50:02 am »

I decided to keep the guy around, told the central office that since he lives near the depot hes practical in case of emergency or any sudden job. And also he has a diesel 350 truck, diesel being far easer to find right now and the truck could be used to transport cargo, so that we could keep him just in case, since the regular payments on Bs. are so low and that latter when we finally start operations I'll evaluate it and re asses him if I must.

I honestly hope this does not comes back to bite my ass latter, and Im being honest on that evaluation once we start operations, just that it seems unfair to fire someone whitout even having a chance to prove themselves, specially if the cost of kepping him around until then is literally a few couple of dollars.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2020, 12:44:00 pm by LordBaal »

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #118497 on: July 08, 2020, 10:38:08 am »

-
« Last Edit: November 23, 2020, 03:45:39 pm by dragdeler »
let

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #118498 on: July 08, 2020, 12:47:43 pm »

A heads up could result in him resorting to some legal backslah or something that could end up with having a disgrunted employee you can't fire on almost any basis, because well the law here is kinda filled with things like that.

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #118499 on: July 08, 2020, 09:06:23 pm »

-
« Last Edit: November 23, 2020, 03:45:45 pm by dragdeler »
let
Pages: 1 ... 7898 7899 [7900] 7901 7902 ... 8156