Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7936 7937 [7938] 7939 7940 ... 8153

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 8472015 times)

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #119055 on: November 17, 2020, 01:09:09 pm »

But Reelya! Think of the mole children!

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #119056 on: November 17, 2020, 01:18:59 pm »

QAnonAnonymous episode 86, they read out some QAnon lady's poems about the mole children. QAnon poetry is like Vogon poetry.

However this recent ep where all the mom bloggers suddenly got pilled is terrifying since you got people blogging about their lunch or kids or fashion, and suddenly they're screaming in all caps in every post about how The Storm is upon us and they never sleep anymore.

The link that they get into it through is usually some sort of fitness or alt health type angle, when they already have a Christian or new age background, then suddenly they're pilled and they're yelling about how Trump's going to stop the satanists eating the children, etc. And bizarrely, they often say how "comforted" they are to have found this "truth", when it's extremely clear that they're in the middle of some sort of meltdown as a result of finding this stuff.

Remember, friends don't let friends QAnon. Even if any of this shit was true, looking at any of the believers, their life was clearly far better before they found out about it.
« Last Edit: November 17, 2020, 01:29:59 pm by Reelya »

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #119057 on: November 17, 2020, 01:29:15 pm »

Terry was so well-behaved this morning! I made a special breakfast with granola and a bit of chocolate to persuade him to try it and he ate it all. We might finally be over the hump!

Tomorrow I expect twelve dead roaches to rise from the horizon, their conjunction eclipsing the sun. The dead god Corvirliath will emerge from the chaos portal to the galactic nexus opened by the power of regus kobolus, and locusts will devour the living and the dead. Human bones will be burned on the altar of the chapel of the White House, and Barack Obama will reveal his true identity as the betrayer Judas.

I've been very into meal prep recently. It's so convenient to cook a large meal on a Sunday and freeze the leftovers! If I'm busy on a weekday, we can just pop some in the microwave and have a meal ready in just a few minutes. It's a real blessing now with Chrissie so demanding.

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #119058 on: November 17, 2020, 01:42:30 pm »

Ah, ok so I thought this one mom blogger who was doing QAnon stuff but as meditation / ASMR stuff wasn't too bad, she had a very soothing voice. But, now she's yelling about 'pedovores' and explaining how that means they eat children and how she used to be left-wing but now she's Woke to the fact that Donald Trump and the military are fighting against these literal baby-eaters.

This is the shit we're dealing with, this is what this shit does to the brains of liberal hippy moms after only a couple of weeks of exposure.

Hint for anti-Q'ing people is to tell them the most crazy stuff first and explain to them why it's crazy. QAnon's have some guides for 'pilling friends and family and they have a set of talking points to ease people into it while avoiding the "crazy sounding" stuff which "we know is actually true". Tell people how QAnons believe in time-travel and that Hillary Clinton literally eats children in a secret underground lair.
« Last Edit: November 17, 2020, 01:48:39 pm by Reelya »

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
  • System Lord and Hanslanda lees evil twin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #119059 on: November 17, 2020, 02:01:33 pm »

I do not get it. Is people druging others with something?
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #119060 on: November 17, 2020, 02:18:36 pm »

"Red-pill" is a Matrix reference about revealing hidden, dangerous secrets about the world.  It's an appealing concept to conspiracy theorists, who truly believe that they're helping others see the truth.  There's an implication that the truth is dangerous to know, and that most people choose the blue-pill, but the moral thing is to take the red-pill (noun) and then red-pill (verb) as many people as possible.

The creators of The Matrix, the Wachowski sisters, hate this usage almost as much as they're generally hated by these communities.  So it's kinda like Pepe The Frog that way.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #119061 on: November 17, 2020, 02:21:30 pm »

Oh... pepe is my boy nickname hahaha.... people are.. crazy... is this related to the pizzagate stuff and that one were kids were smugled around in ikea delivery furnitures for canibals or something?

And on Matrix, is okay to retroactively say sisters or is still tecnically correct to say brothers as they were at the moment of the films. My guess is the first one is the correct because we are talking about them now, even if is an older work.
« Last Edit: November 17, 2020, 02:23:37 pm by LordBaal »
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #119062 on: November 17, 2020, 02:30:08 pm »

Oh... pepe is my boy nickname hahaha.... people are.. crazy... is this related to the pizzagate stuff and that one were kids were smugled around in ikea delivery furnitures for canibals or something?

Yeah, it's a thing called QAnon which is the successor to the Pizzagate conspiracy theory. QAnon is way, way crazier though and would be hard to succintly describe. Basically there's an anonymous guy from 4Chan called Q. who claimed to be military intel, you know like the whole pretend "I'm a navy seal, and could kill you 20 different ways" type copypasta.

So this "Q" guy claims to be in military intel and claimed to be sending messages from Trump to the 'chans, about how Trump is fighting a secret war against a global cult of child-eating satanists. Which includes everyone who doesn't like Trump, basically. I shouldn't have to point out how the idea that Trump of all people is a Christian warrior secretly fighting an actual war with a worldwide cult lead by actual demons is complete nonsense.

This thing has been boiling for about three years and now a lot of more religious and new-age type people are in it and it's turned into full blown cult and includes stuff like aliens, time travel, battles in secret underground bases, future weaponry that they believe both sides are secretly using, anything you can think of. It got super-charged by all the Covid conspiracies too. The number of people spouting related conspiracies really shot up in about April-June this year.

The Mole Children thing was that some QAnons got trolled by someone that Trump had sent marines into tunnels under Central Park in New York, and they'd killed a bunch of satanic cultists who had a baby-farm and they'd rescued a bunch of deformed children who were being bred so Hillary Clinton could drink their brain chemicals. However, the claim is that it would be too distressing to show these children, so Trump prevented the news getting out, but there's going to be a Great Awakening one day, soon, when Trump will reveal all of this, arrest Hillary Clinton and have her publicly executed in Guantanamo Bay.

That's about 10% of the crazy, there's way more.
« Last Edit: November 17, 2020, 02:38:08 pm by Reelya »

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #119063 on: November 17, 2020, 02:36:30 pm »

As for the gender thing, thanks for asking!  It's preferred to call them sisters because they were already women, just privately.  They later talked about how the Matrix was, partly, inspired by their trans experiences.  One of the characters used to be a pretty explicit metaphor, of one gender in the Matrix and another in the "real world".

Edit:  I should clarify - even if they didn't know they were women when they were making the Matrix, they'd probably still prefer "Wachowski Sisters" when discussing any of their work.  Most trans people don't ever change gender, they just figure out what gender they always were.  It sounds like a technicality, but it's important to understand that unaware trans people still experience difficulties like gender dysphoria, they just don't know why.
« Last Edit: November 17, 2020, 02:47:12 pm by Rolan7 »
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #119064 on: November 17, 2020, 03:14:36 pm »

Here's an example of a soft-pilling video, designed to ease you into the crazy. A lot of the stuff is subtle so you won't know how you're being played into believe a fascistic cult conspiracy unless you read up a lot about this stuff. This guy is a new age idiot but the people behind all of this are actually full on neo-fascist types.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0CF1eqDLdts

Early on he says "do your own research" and "go down the rabbit hole", this is a common set up, they say to do "your" own research but then they prime you for the things you're supposed to look for which will lead you to where they want to manipulate you.

One point to note is how he slips in how people don't want the "Bill Gates Vaccine" for the Coronavirus, as if such a thing actually exists. So this is slipped in matter-of-factly so you can do "your" own research, entirely not influenced by the video, right? There's no such vaccine and the whole bill gates vaccine thing is based on misinformation. The conspiracy claim is that Bill Gates wants to "depopulate" the world with a vaccine. i.e. Bill Gates = killer vaccine. However, the actual basis for that is that Bill Gates promotes vaccination for third-world countries because this will decrease child mortality, and if child mortality decreases, people there will have smaller families. He's on video saying this exact bit, and that statement is the entire basis for the conspiracy theory. So Bill Gates says it's a bad thing that poor people have 20 kids but 15 of them die, so we should take better care of the living ones and that would mean people don't have as many kids anymore, and they decided this means Bill Gates is history's biggest monster.

Note that Bill Gates is said here to be "controlled" by someone else. You know why they say this? Because Bill Gates isn't Jewish. So (Jewish) George Soros is called the "puppet master" by these people yet Bill Gates is said to be a "controlled" or "manipulated" billionaire in this doctrine, despite Bill Gates being an order of magnitude more rich and powerful than Soros. You dig into a lot of this stuff and it turns out to be Elders of Zion type conspiracy theories just modernized.

He skirts around the whole child-eating thing too, pointing out blandly that powerful people do bad things, but he's been careful to only mention Hollywood and the CIA here. So the secret evil rulers are in fact Hollywood actors. That's very convenient for dumb people since you can identify the evil overlords since they're in all the movies. The QAnon phrase is "your watching a movie", many of the slogans come from movies, and Q often references movies to explain what's going on, and conveniently, most of the baddies in this conspiracy theory are well-known movie actors. It really is a conspiracy for dumb people to think they're smart and found something else nobody else knows about.

EDIT: another video. QAnon for newbies, but from an insider. This would be a good companion vid for QAnonAnonymous Episode 1, which also explains QAnon but from an outsider / skeptic perspective.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=etDXZoW7dkA
« Last Edit: November 17, 2020, 03:48:57 pm by Reelya »

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #119065 on: November 17, 2020, 03:42:04 pm »

Is it worth it to fill your brain with all this bullshit Reelya?

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #119066 on: November 17, 2020, 03:52:07 pm »

Says a guy who was discussing with me about watching VTuber streams.

This is research, I want to know how these people's brains tick, since it's weird. And it's good to have a heads-up on this stuff because it is becoming more newsworthy. You have a couple of elected Republicans who spout this stuff in Congress now, btw.

EDIT: that lady's video I edited in at the bottom, she's the full deal btw, much more James Bond and sci-fi content in her vids.
« Last Edit: November 17, 2020, 03:55:58 pm by Reelya »

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #119067 on: November 17, 2020, 03:57:18 pm »

Oh wow, my crazy blinders are thicker and larger than I care to admit. I just see crazy stuff and I tune it out and pretend it represents an insignificant minority, but I guess not.

And Vtuberology is the leading science that merits nothing but the most serious study!

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #119068 on: November 17, 2020, 04:09:48 pm »

I really do recommend the QAnonAnonymous podcast for this stuff, they cover the real stuff they believe, the QAnon news/drama etc, related conspiracies, but they do it in a comedic way rather than dry. Overview episode
https://podbay.fm/p/qanon-anonymous/e/1534028538

But this stuff is literally seeping into everything now. I mean, I hear related conspiracies just down the street.

To give an idea, here's a Guardian article from October saying that 1/4 Britons believe at least some QAnon related conspiracies.
https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2020/oct/22/one-in-four-britons-believe-in-qanon-linked-theories-survey

The research for Hope Not Hate also found that 17% of people questioned said they believed Covid-19 was intentionally released as part of a “depopulation plan” by the UN or “new world order”.

It found that QAnon, which originated in the US where the FBI has designated it as a potential terror threat, is making particular inroads among young people.

While 6% of those polled claimed to support QAnon, larger percentages supported broader, linked conspiracies. A quarter (25%) agreed that “secret satanic cults exist and include influential elites”. This rose to 35% among people aged 18-24. A similar proportion (26%) agreed that “elites in Hollywood, politics, the media and other powerful positions” are secretly engaging in large-scale child trafficking and abuse.

There was more support (29%) for the claim that there is “a single group of people who secretly control events and rule the world together” regardless of who is in government. This was believed by 42% of 25- to 34-year-olds.

Note here that a full 1/3 of Gen-Z are buying into the satanic cults thing. The always-online generation seem well and truly unhinged. Perhaps people who've grown up in the Trump years don't have a good compass on what normal actually is. The worrying part is that people who believe that also tend to be Trump people.
« Last Edit: November 17, 2020, 04:15:41 pm by Reelya »

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #119069 on: November 17, 2020, 05:08:55 pm »

That.. that is like, you know, Im too busy and have enough issues trying to survive in the soviet republic of bananistan to deal with all that shit.

For one, had, lets say we dive into fantasy land and, Trump finds a tunnel full of democrat made, malformed test tube babys to be feed to a zombie Clinton.

I'm inclinined to think he would have waived it in front of everyone and make the pics of those childs the default walpaper in every pc and cellphone (the uglier the kids thr better in fact) on the planet as this would allow him to basically destroy all his oponents in one swat. And not because he is Trump, but because that is what anyone with even the smallest sliver of inteligence would do.

Back to reality land, wow, people can be really, really idiotic.
« Last Edit: November 17, 2020, 05:10:26 pm by LordBaal »
Pages: 1 ... 7936 7937 [7938] 7939 7940 ... 8153