Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7937 7938 [7939] 7940 7941 ... 8153

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 8470673 times)

thompson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #119070 on: November 17, 2020, 05:19:03 pm »

To be fair, the claim about elites engaging in child sex trafficking has some credibility, given certain elites are known to have done this. The question is really one of scale, or whether people believe there’s a coordinated conspiracy driving it.

For the record, I doubt there’s a coordinated network of elites running a child sex trafficking ring. A few small rings, maybe. A large black market operator with many (unconnected) customers... maybe. An America-wide conspiracy with Democrat institutional support... no.

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
« Reply #119071 on: November 19, 2020, 03:17:11 pm »

One point to note is how he slips in how people don't want the "Bill Gates Vaccine" for the Coronavirus, as if such a thing actually exists. So this is slipped in matter-of-factly so you can do "your" own research, entirely not influenced by the video, right? There's no such vaccine and the whole bill gates vaccine thing is based on misinformation.

I thought he was slipping his microchips into existing vaccines. The better to track and control us when the day comes. Maybe that was a different conspiracy.¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reading his name would trigger it. Thinking of him would trigger it. No other circumstances would trigger it- it was strictly related to the concept of Bill Clinton entering the conscious mind.

THE xTROLL FUR SOCKx RUSE WAS A........... DISTACTION        the carp HAVE the wagon

A wizard has turned you into a wagon. This was inevitable (Y/y)?

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #119072 on: November 19, 2020, 03:29:56 pm »

That theory comes from a thing where some think tank that Bill / Melinda Gates foundation supports with funding (among many others), were tasked to come up with a record-keeping system for vaccinations in parts of Africa where people are illiterate and they don't have electricity. So deep tribal lands basically, and you want to immunize them with pretty much any vaccines.

So, this think tank came up with an idea - entirely theoretical at this point - that you could use bio-luminescent dyes, and a nub on the syringe which leaves a small pattern of the dye under the skin, that lasts for a few years. So, there would be a dye which means MMR vaccine and you can scan someone's arm with UV light and read the pattern and tell if they got the MMR vaccine within the last few years.

The notable point about this whole idea is that it does away with the need for central record keeping or having to keep track of people in a database, since you can treat them anonymously. The injection is the record, that's what this means. The point here is that think tanks are given problems and their job is to come up with solutions that solve the problem, and in this case they came up with this hypothetical idea of the syringe leaving a small pattern of bio-luminescent dyes as an alternative to having to ID everyone and keep track of people in a database. Consider that in areas with no infrastructure, porous borders, conflict, refugees such as system of anonymous vaccine markers would be invaluable for providing better health outcomes.

So, even if implemented as described, this is not a tracking system. The whole point is that it's for places where you can't do traditional record-keeping and there's no electricity, so the idea that this would be linked into some sort of tracking system for individuals is irrational. This is basically an extension of what they already do with voting in many remote third-world areas, which is to make you press your thumb into some ink as a mark that you voted already.
« Last Edit: November 19, 2020, 03:39:23 pm by Reelya »

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #119073 on: November 20, 2020, 11:57:54 am »

This is basically an extension of what they already do with voting in many remote third-world areas, which is to make you press your thumb into some ink as a mark that you voted already.

Not even remote, every time you vote in South Africa you get a purple strip marked on your thumbnail and the crescent of skin around the nailbed the name of which eludes me at present. Even in the major metros. Washes off in a week or two, but you can't get it off the skin part without really doing a number on yourself.

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
  • System Lord and Hanslanda lees evil twin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #119074 on: November 20, 2020, 04:10:23 pm »

Here they do that too.

Today Im sad because... well, Im back at doing plumber, construction and loading and unloading trucks. While this is moslty for side income to meet month's end. At the star of the year I though this was behind. Currently my situation is not as bad as a few years ago, despite the current hipermegagigasuper inflation and gasoline and cocking gas shortage and electric rolling blackouts.

Im still afraid of sliping back to those days that were really bad. I dont want to count calories again.

I guess I have to be grateful, because there are lots of people having a far worst time than me.
« Last Edit: November 20, 2020, 04:28:41 pm by LordBaal »
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #119075 on: November 20, 2020, 07:15:55 pm »

Here they do that too.

Today Im sad because... well, Im back at doing plumber, construction and loading and unloading trucks. While this is moslty for side income to meet month's end. At the star of the year I though this was behind. Currently my situation is not as bad as a few years ago, despite the current hipermegagigasuper inflation and gasoline and cocking gas shortage and electric rolling blackouts.

Im still afraid of sliping back to those days that were really bad. I dont want to count calories again.

I guess I have to be grateful, because there are lots of people having a far worst time than me.
https://youtu.be/THC7BuUV5Bw
There's two kinds of performance reviews: the one you make they don't read, the one they make whilst they sharpen their daggers
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #119076 on: November 20, 2020, 07:30:50 pm »

I actually had a good time and a laugh hearing that. Gracias ChairmanPoo.
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #119077 on: November 22, 2020, 01:13:43 pm »

The repurposed Jager bottle I'd been using for drinking water for months broke earlier, after it had been in the freezer too long and someone tried to move it from where I left it to thaw on the sink. :'(   
Wasn't the first time this had happened, but this was by far the longest it had spent in there - I forgot about it yesterday and it stayed in the freezer overnight, and when I remembered about it today it had frozen water dribbling out the top like a melted candle. I guess the surprising thing is that it survived as long as it did, considering how hot it's been lately and how fucking forgetful (and thirsty) I am.   

Part of me wants to rush out and buy a new bottle of Jagermeister to replace it, but another part of me wants to rush out and buy a new bottle of Jagermeister just to drink and find some other bottle to use for the purpose instead. That thing had some real sentimental value, as well as actual usefulness. Being out in the backyard in view of the nosy neighbours swigging from what appeared to be a bottle of spirits at all hours of the day was not without merit, either.   
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #119078 on: November 22, 2020, 01:23:33 pm »

Being out in the backyard in view of the nosy neighbours swigging from what appeared to be a bottle of spirits at all hours of the day was not without merit, either.   

For some reason our liquid soap brand switched to tops similar to sports drink bottle tops. My brother cleaned an old bottle out to use for water for a similar reason, although it looks like he's drinking soap instead.

I think I've finally been hit by the dreaded Every Day Is Exactly The Same from quarantine. Time is blurred and life is a continuous stream of mild dissatisfaction, tiredness, and emotional burnout interrupted only by occasional dopamine spikes from climbing the ladder in RTS games. It's also made me nearly universally irritable in the evenings. It's not ideal!

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #119079 on: November 22, 2020, 09:56:44 pm »

I think I've finally been hit by the dreaded Every Day Is Exactly The Same from quarantine. Time is blurred and life is a continuous stream of mild dissatisfaction, tiredness, and emotional burnout interrupted only by occasional dopamine spikes from climbing the ladder in RTS games. It's also made me nearly universally irritable in the evenings. It's not ideal!

Welcome brother, is this your first time on Mr. Bones' Wild Ride? It takes way too long, and there's no getting off! *Demonic cackling*

In all seriousness, as someone who's been cooped up and hermitized for most of my life, I can relate. Just stay calm, pick up a hobby that is chill and can show clear, gradual progress, and you'll get through the hardest parts alright.

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #119080 on: December 03, 2020, 07:14:58 am »

I have a hoarse voice and it won't go away. Been like this for weeks. Doc thinks it's linked to laryngitis.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Great Order

• Bay Watcher
  • [SCREAMS_INTERNALLY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #119081 on: December 07, 2020, 01:39:00 pm »

SSRI withdrawal's no fun.

Sweating loads (though I'm not feeling hot), dizziness/lightheadedness, tingling, twitching, and problems concentrating.

At least when I'm sat/lying down it's not so bad, but stood up it's near constant. Hopefully it'll only last a week or something and start easing off.
I may have wasted all those years
They're not worth their time in tears
I may have spent too long in darkness
In the warmth of my fears

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #119082 on: December 07, 2020, 02:20:00 pm »

I had withdrawals for upwards of a month from Venlafaxine.

That was a very specific symptom though: it felt like every time I moved my eyes to the left or right that I got an electric shock affecting the muscles that move your eyes, which eventually led to me feeling nauseated all the time.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #119083 on: December 07, 2020, 02:32:28 pm »

Member of my team I supervise at work passed away. Good friend :<
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #119084 on: December 07, 2020, 06:23:44 pm »

Oh shit... was it COVID? Please be safe?
Pages: 1 ... 7937 7938 [7939] 7940 7941 ... 8153