Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7940 7941 [7942] 7943 7944 ... 8153

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 8470718 times)

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #119115 on: December 20, 2020, 07:41:18 am »

I can feel a case of the sads coming on. No specific reason that I can detect.   
Guess it's just a combination of sleep deprivation (from staying up literally all night watching the puppy, who's been rather sick), worrying about (and feeling sorry for) said puppy, and having an idle browse through my old Instagram posts. Also, I have just the slightest hint of a mild toothache. Only just noticed that, perhaps that's subconsciously been contributing to a glum mood as well.   
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #119116 on: December 20, 2020, 08:41:05 am »

Since the start of the corona pandemic, the 10 richest people in the world saw their riches grow by 450 billion dollars.

Also, the 651 US billionaires saw their wealth grow by 1.1 trillion dollars (1100000000000 dollars).
Put in other words, 'the profits made from the pandemic for this group is so large, that they could personally pay for all of the expenses made by the US combating the pandemic, and they would still have just as much money in their accounts as they had before the pandemic started'.(quote from Americans For Tax Fairness)
« Last Edit: December 20, 2020, 08:45:57 am by martinuzz »
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Perhaps I'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #119117 on: December 20, 2020, 08:43:33 am »

Sounds like they're getting nice and juicy, then. :D
Down at the bottom of the ocean. Beneath tons of brine which would crush you down. Not into broken and splintered flesh, but into thin soup. Into just more of the sea water. Where things live that aren't so different from you, but you will never live to touch them and they will never live to touch you.

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #119118 on: December 20, 2020, 08:49:19 am »

We need global tax laws that make it illegal for a private person to own more than 50 million dollars. Confiscate the rest, spend it on things that benefit society like healthcare and education.

And then I am being really, really generous.

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
  • System Lord and Hanslanda lees evil twin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #119119 on: December 20, 2020, 12:10:46 pm »

People with more than 50 millions would create companies to hold their money then. Private banks if you will.

Then again, I think most multimillionares and billionares dont have Rich McDuck pools of cash or accounts just sitting idle with lots of zeroes*, most likely you would be confiscating asssets as bussisnes, stocks and inversion funds and the like, wich in most cases provide direct or indirect employment and benefits for other people that migth not be millionare.

*Those are generally the product of illegal activities while they "cool off" or are being laundered.
« Last Edit: December 21, 2020, 07:08:06 am by LordBaal »
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #119120 on: December 20, 2020, 07:56:47 pm »

Ah god damn it
Girl I've been chatting to's flatmate committed suicide
We'd been tearing him up in chat because frankly the guy was an ass towards her
But she's having a bit of a break down over it now
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #119121 on: December 20, 2020, 08:29:34 pm »

I honestly don't know what to say
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

KittyTac

• Bay Watcher
  • Impending Catsplosion. [PREFSTRING:aloofness]
    • View Profile
« Reply #119122 on: December 20, 2020, 11:05:28 pm »

I remember Spore.
Don't trust this toaster that much, it could be a villain in disguise.
Mostly phone-posting, sorry for any typos or autocorrect hijinks.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #119123 on: December 21, 2020, 12:29:08 am »

Since the start of the corona pandemic, the 10 richest people in the world saw their riches grow by 450 billion dollars.

Also, the 651 US billionaires saw their wealth grow by 1.1 trillion dollars (1100000000000 dollars).
Put in other words, 'the profits made from the pandemic for this group is so large, that they could personally pay for all of the expenses made by the US combating the pandemic, and they would still have just as much money in their accounts as they had before the pandemic started'.(quote from Americans For Tax Fairness)
That's awesome! It's nice to hear at least some folks are managing to benefit from this terrible crisis we've all found ourselves in. :)   

I honestly don't know what to say
Damn, dude. Neither do I. I hope your friend isn't taking it too badly, or you and the others for that matter.   
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
  • System Lord and Hanslanda lees evil twin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #119124 on: December 21, 2020, 07:12:39 am »

Thanks for the condolences above... and the body count has risen to 32... I did not know any of them but it is still fucking sad.

Th4DwArfY1, that sucks balls too. I hope the girl gets better quick. Horrible thing and despite whatever way the flatmate was to her is still awful.
« Last Edit: December 21, 2020, 07:15:02 am by LordBaal »
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

Great Order

• Bay Watcher
  • [SCREAMS_INTERNALLY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #119125 on: December 21, 2020, 10:12:40 am »

I didn't turn up for a "managing emotions therapy" thing (Which I've done before, that I found useless, that I told my GP and the psychotherapy services that I found useless and I didn't want to do, that they told me I didn't have to do, and I received no letters, phone calls, texts, emails or anything about) so I've been discharged back to my GP for not engaging with the service.

This is infuriating to say the least. I've waited for THREE FUCKING MONTHS for this appointment, only to find out it's been cancelled for literally no fucking reason other than me not turning up to something I wasn't even aware was happening. And now there's no fucking point to it, the service wait list is a year long, I was put on the wait list about 5 months ago, I'm going back to university in a year so I'll be outside the purview of my local therapy services. I might have at least got 5 months of therapy out of it but because of this horseshit I'm getting NOTHING.

Fucking inbred cunts can't keep track of their own system and I'm getting punished for it.
I may have wasted all those years
They're not worth their time in tears
I may have spent too long in darkness
In the warmth of my fears

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #119126 on: December 21, 2020, 11:01:31 am »

So, you're angry because you missed an appointment for something you didnt want to do and regarded as useless? 🤔

Normally not showing up for an appointment is grounds for instant discharge, that much is not unusual. If the appointment letter system is anything like the one Im used to its not unusual for letters to get lost either. You could request your GP or a patient liaison (or equivalent figure) to ask the team to reconsider your case. If you want to go through with it, that is.
« Last Edit: December 21, 2020, 11:04:58 am by ChairmanPoo »
There's two kinds of performance reviews: the one you make they don't read, the one they make whilst they sharpen their daggers
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #119127 on: December 21, 2020, 11:13:43 am »

So, you're angry because you missed an appointment for something you didnt want to do and regarded as useless? 🤔

Normally not showing up for an appointment is grounds for instant discharge, that much is not unusual. If the appointment letter system is anything like the one Im used to its not unusual for letters to get lost either. You could request your GP or a patient liaison (or equivalent figure) to ask the team to reconsider your case. If you want to go through with it, that is.

More I think that the GP and the services said he didn't need to do it and then hit him with the "psych, go back to Begin".

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #119128 on: December 21, 2020, 11:16:05 am »

Not showing up for an appointment in mental healthcare being a reason for instant discharge is ridiculous.
Sleeping late, missing appointments... That's all symptomatic for mental issues...

It's like when a fysiotherapist instantly discharges you if you dare come into his office in a wheelchair  :P

Great Order

• Bay Watcher
  • [SCREAMS_INTERNALLY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #119129 on: December 21, 2020, 11:17:01 am »

No, I'm pissed off because I:
A) Didn't want to do it
B) Told them I didn't want to do it
C) Got told I didn't have to do it
D) Was signed up for it, against my wishes and in spite of what they told me.
E) Was never told I was signed up for it
F) Never turned up or argued about it because I wasn't aware it was happening until I was told that I'd missed it and I was discharged back to my GP

EDIT: And given they had my phone, email and address, I'm not accepting "The letter got lost". Especially since they managed to send me *two* letters saying that I'd failed to turn up and was discharged for failure to engage. Literally identical letters.
« Last Edit: December 21, 2020, 11:21:41 am by Great Order »
I may have wasted all those years
They're not worth their time in tears
I may have spent too long in darkness
In the warmth of my fears
Pages: 1 ... 7940 7941 [7942] 7943 7944 ... 8153