Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7956 7957 [7958] 7959 7960 ... 8155

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 8540902 times)

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
  • System Lord and Hanslanda lees evil twin.
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #119355 on: January 20, 2021, 05:05:42 pm »

That sucks Vector. For what is worth you can find a comprensive ear here.

Josh, martinuzz is rigth. You should not let yourself dragged into that, and sometimes the best you can do for others is to let them stand on their own feet, while it migth be sad its also the healtiest in the long run.

My own sad is that I got an exam today and while not life threating, in the mid-lapse I need a surgery that I can't pay or things will get painful in my scrutum. I suppose is yet another pain I get to live with along my headaches.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2021, 05:09:53 pm by LordBaal »
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #119356 on: January 20, 2021, 05:21:26 pm »

Man, I wish your country will see some positive change in the near future. Like, Maduro keeling over dead and someone being elected who has a heart.
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

Magmacube_tr

• Bay Watcher
  • Praise KeK! For He is The Key and The Gate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #119357 on: January 20, 2021, 05:27:03 pm »

That Serina is close to its grim ending, and not with a bang, but with last, weak shivers as the planet freezes over into unhabitability.
I must submerge myself in MAGMAAAAAAAAA! daily for 17 cents, which I detest. With a new profile picture!

My gaem. JOIN NAOW!!!

My sigtext. Read if you dare!

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #119358 on: January 20, 2021, 07:06:01 pm »

Update: started going through my "emergency call" rolodex and found a couple of people willing to break the law and spend time with me regularly in person. Also some relatives with a functioning internet connection that I can move in with if necessary.

I'm never going to forgive the city for making it illegal for people living alone to gather socially with people from other households, even masked, distanced, and outside. Never.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #119359 on: January 20, 2021, 07:09:05 pm »

That Serina is close to its grim ending, and not with a bang, but with last, weak shivers as the planet freezes over into unhabitability.
Serina?
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

A Thing

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm here for ya, kid.
    • View Profile
« Reply #119360 on: January 20, 2021, 09:11:25 pm »

Wasteland 1 & 2
"Power Couple: Markus Athing & Cyborg 45"

Makes me curious, can cyborgs have future babies too?
On the offchance they can, I know who I want my daddy to be
(finished)Age of Decadence

Great Order

• Bay Watcher
  • [SCREAMS_INTERNALLY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #119361 on: January 21, 2021, 04:10:04 pm »

I keep feeling stressed and I can't work out why. As a result, I'm getting headaches and pissed off at damn near everything far too easily. I'm even getting pissed off at the internet because its advice for working out what's stressing you when you can't see what's stressing you seems to be "You have anxiety!" (Which I don't, I've had anxiety, I know anxiety, and this isn't anxiety) or "You're stressed because things are stressing you out!" without giving suggestions as to what it could be when there's nothing identifiable.
I may have wasted all those years
They're not worth their time in tears
I may have spent too long in darkness
In the warmth of my fears

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #119362 on: January 21, 2021, 05:15:38 pm »

My advice is to assume that it's Everything Being Too Much (COVID) and do a self-care routine (clean up, eat, drink water, talk to friend) and then see if it's any clearer what's bothering you.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

MonkeyHead

• Bay Watcher
  • Yma o hyd...
    • View Profile
« Reply #119363 on: January 21, 2021, 05:26:01 pm »

Line manager at work not happy with me. Calling out a student who has not been doing any work led to a complaint, as such things are "humiliating", apparently. Fine - I will let them fail then, shall I?
This is a blank sig.

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #119364 on: January 21, 2021, 05:43:21 pm »

I blame oversensitivity on everything, everyone is a delicate snowflake and such... If you don't do your assignments, consequences must be faced, period. That is part of real life.

delphonso

• Bay Watcher
  • menaces with spikes of pine
    • View Profile
« Reply #119365 on: January 21, 2021, 07:17:47 pm »

Had to cancel a trip to hang with friends because of travel restriction roll-outs.

I feel pretty isolated. I have my wife and child, but haven't seen any friends in person for almost a year. Sick of my job and situation, plus a hardy burden of wanderlust...

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #119366 on: January 22, 2021, 01:03:31 am »

I've been feeling pretty anxious recently due to political stuff, but there's been a growing uneasiness unrelated to that.  Total cabin fever.  I chat with strangers, but that's serious and distant.  I have a few people who like to send me music, but they're getting depressed as well...  the 3-4 of us are drinking too much.

I'm sitting here trying to feel sleepy and just obsessing over the first properly seasoned meal I've had in two weeks.  Visiting a taco truck.  They had cow tongue (lengua) on the menu, but unsurprisingly they were out, so I had my quesadillas with chorizo instead.  And verde sauce on the side salad.

I keep thinking about it.  Not really the food, though it was... mmm, onions and green peppers with a proper mix of spices.  Okay yes the food.  But also just the interaction with the person.  In person.

I need to call each of my parents tomorrow.  But more generally, this suuuuuucks and I'm getting sick of being curled in a ball.
(It did feel good to walk though, and catch some pokémans.  ...poképeople?  oh FRICK pretend I didn't say that, but I'll leave it.)

Edit: Like it started with him taking my order before I was ready, but I wasn't sure I could make myself heard over the running generator, so I held up a finger.  And he understood.  And that's such a human connection - frick I'm tearing up.  I've been tearing up over the weirdest stuff lately.  That's why I'm posting this, I apparently really need to cry and I don't exactly know why.  I happen to see a reply to my comment on some video and suddenly I'm hit with an emotional wave and tears are flowing uncontrollably.  I'm too dignified to wail but they're flowing now just from me remembering it.

So uh yeah, sometimes people fill up on emotions and need to cry them out.

Edit2:  I keep waking up to Discord beeps from notified channels because I need to be constantly reminded that other people are out there.

Edit3: Obviously he could hear me over the generator, but with my amplified and already significant social anxiety I didn't feel I could express "I'm not ready to order" clearly while distracted by the grating sound, working against both my voice and my ability to think.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2021, 01:35:01 am by Rolan7 »
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #119367 on: January 22, 2021, 03:06:46 am »

I'm gonna be hungover tomorrow, and I'm not looking forward to it.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #119368 on: January 22, 2021, 07:58:59 am »

It may be too late but lots of water will at least take the edge off.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #119369 on: January 22, 2021, 11:37:19 am »

I'm gonna be hungover tomorrow, and I'm not looking forward to it.
oats and water and meat works a wonder
Pages: 1 ... 7956 7957 [7958] 7959 7960 ... 8155