Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7978 7979 [7980] 7981 7982 ... 8155

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 8558420 times)

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
  • System Lord and Hanslanda lees evil twin.
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #119685 on: March 12, 2021, 08:37:21 pm »

I was overreacting -.-

Still, she's actually quite ill and I was super worried that I'd added to her stress. I hope she's gonna be ok, essential medical services are super stalled due to Covid in her area.
That is nice to hear. The you overreacting, not her being sick.
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #119686 on: March 12, 2021, 09:12:29 pm »

I was overreacting -.-

Still, she's actually quite ill and I was super worried that I'd added to her stress. I hope she's gonna be ok, essential medical services are super stalled due to Covid in her area.
That is nice to hear. The you overreacting, not her being sick.

She's like seriously one of the nicest people I know and has kids. I think she's gonna be ok realistically, but still I'm worried. etc.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

Caz

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:comforting whirs]
    • View Profile
« Reply #119687 on: March 13, 2021, 07:05:46 am »

I'm now a drunk again, rip my life etc. Whatever remains of it tho

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #119688 on: March 13, 2021, 07:24:50 am »

No Caz you've already shown that you can go sober for months -- It's not a game where you're disqualified and all your points are removed when you get drunk, you still have all those points and the achievement they symbolise. Next you'll be building another stretch, and this time I bet it will be even longer!

Remember
Do not go gently
Never give up
Love, scriver~

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #119689 on: March 13, 2021, 07:50:59 am »

Also, with all the Fatal topic floating around here no one can blame anyone of trying to drink away your memories.
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #119690 on: March 13, 2021, 11:18:50 am »

Tone of the whole damn forum shifted because of that topic.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #119691 on: March 13, 2021, 01:21:59 pm »

Yeah -- it really doesn't all go away. Just get up, dust yourself off, and try again. You can do it. We believe in you.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Caz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #119692 on: March 14, 2021, 02:11:04 pm »

:( why are you guys so supportive. thanks.

didn't continue drinking tho I think I still passed the despair event horizon. Got a appointment for covid vaccination today. -.- I don't do well with medical folk.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
There's two kinds of performance reviews: the one you make they don't read, the one they make whilst they sharpen their daggers
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #119694 on: March 14, 2021, 04:09:10 pm »

Still hate plumbing. But now Im sure is the cheap pieces I got. Will "fix" them with ungodly amounts of silicon to seal any leak and call it a win.

P.S. that is not an acceptable solution at any rate ever, specially if you are paying for a professional services.

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #119695 on: March 14, 2021, 06:54:16 pm »

-
« Last Edit: September 16, 2023, 01:59:25 pm by dragdeler »
let

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #119696 on: March 14, 2021, 07:16:00 pm »

Hehehe I'm just forced to know lots of things to survive and save up money. Also was "raised" to be extremely independent.

You made me remember this movie about a underground city to preserve people after the apocalypse and one of the  workers commenting that sections of the pipes are now only patches since the old pipes rusted away underneath. It was something like the city was supposed to last 100 years but something happened that they ended up spending 300 or something along those lines.

Caz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #119697 on: March 15, 2021, 09:14:22 pm »

everything got much much worse.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #119698 on: March 15, 2021, 10:05:21 pm »

What happened?
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #119699 on: March 15, 2021, 11:51:47 pm »

Sorry to hear that, Caz. I hope things get better for you!
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One
Pages: 1 ... 7978 7979 [7980] 7981 7982 ... 8155