Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7979 7980 [7981] 7982 7983 ... 8153

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 8474373 times)

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #119700 on: March 16, 2021, 12:15:40 am »

additional: arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrgh finals

Welcome to the PhD, a program in which it looks like you should have tons of spare time but spring & summer break mean "great, I can really get some work done."
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #119701 on: March 16, 2021, 07:17:38 am »

PhD for me is exercise in the morning and then the rest of the day staring at a screen, all hours of the day!
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #119702 on: March 16, 2021, 12:45:14 pm »

Jihadistic violence is spinning out of control in Mozambique. Nearly one third of the country's population has fled the violence.
Anyone over the age of 12 that the extremist don't like is either sliced in two with machetes or decapitated, or both.
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

Imic

• Bay Watcher
  • Still sad
    • View Profile
« Reply #119703 on: March 16, 2021, 05:53:39 pm »

The cycle has reared its ugly fucking face again and my latest hyperfixation has lost its appeal to my fickle eyeballs. Now I get to have an existential crisis as the clinical depression I use video games to escape comes back to fuck me until something new takes my interest, only for the cycle to repeat itself again one day. Until then I get to feel like a piece of shit accomplishing none of my hopes or dreams or goals incapable of improving myself. I want to draw. But I can't. I've never been good at drawing, and I've never been able to get past how demoralizing it is to have had the same childish artstyle since I was newborn despite so many years of doodling. I want to draw. I desperately want to draw. But I can't. And until I can, I get to continue having no sustainable outlet for my feelings, and I get to continue feeling like a useless piece of shit who can't do anything. I'd go into how this affects my actual real life, but there's only so much I can rant about on this topic before I just lie down and stare at the ceiling feeling no emotions except a distant sense of misery, and talking about how this is affecting everything other than the previously mentioned thing is a one stop shortcut to floor street. Jesus fucking christ. I should look into getting a different therapist.
Imic's no longer allowed to vote.
Quote from: smyttysmyth
Well aren't you cheery
Quote cabinet
Regrets every choice he made and makes, including writing this here.

Caz

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:comforting whirs]
    • View Profile
« Reply #119704 on: March 16, 2021, 07:42:26 pm »

The cycle has reared its ugly fucking face again and my latest hyperfixation has lost its appeal to my fickle eyeballs. Now I get to have an existential crisis as the clinical depression I use video games to escape comes back to fuck me until something new takes my interest, only for the cycle to repeat itself again one day. Until then I get to feel like a piece of shit accomplishing none of my hopes or dreams or goals incapable of improving myself. I want to draw. But I can't. I've never been good at drawing, and I've never been able to get past how demoralizing it is to have had the same childish artstyle since I was newborn despite so many years of doodling. I want to draw. I desperately want to draw. But I can't. And until I can, I get to continue having no sustainable outlet for my feelings, and I get to continue feeling like a useless piece of shit who can't do anything. I'd go into how this affects my actual real life, but there's only so much I can rant about on this topic before I just lie down and stare at the ceiling feeling no emotions except a distant sense of misery, and talking about how this is affecting everything other than the previously mentioned thing is a one stop shortcut to floor street. Jesus fucking christ. I should look into getting a different therapist.

You gotta pause before you think. And take your magnesium. And sleep at regular intervals and eat. And basically all the regular things and if that doesn't work, there be doctors.

Caz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #119705 on: March 16, 2021, 07:53:37 pm »

Also this forum is getting buggy man, after posting i got redirected to a threetoe story thread from years ago. Odd.

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #119706 on: March 16, 2021, 08:47:50 pm »

That's odd. These forums have been pretty stable for me since forever. You sure you didn't accidentally misclick?

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

Caz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #119707 on: March 16, 2021, 10:29:44 pm »

My mum's cancer has metastatised and they will no longer do surgeries.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #119708 on: March 16, 2021, 10:30:40 pm »

I´m sorry
There's two kinds of performance reviews: the one you make they don't read, the one they make whilst they sharpen their daggers
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #119709 on: March 16, 2021, 11:52:46 pm »

Me too.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #119710 on: March 17, 2021, 02:51:44 am »

Same, that really sucks.  :(

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #119711 on: March 17, 2021, 05:19:19 am »

SHit, I'm sorry to hear that.

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
  • System Lord and Hanslanda lees evil twin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #119712 on: March 17, 2021, 06:57:53 am »

That sucks dude. Im really sorry to hear that.
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #119713 on: March 17, 2021, 08:31:46 am »

That terrible, Caz. I'm so sorry.
Love, scriver~

McTraveller

• Bay Watcher
  • This text isn't very personal.
    • View Profile
« Reply #119714 on: March 17, 2021, 09:12:57 am »

Sad to hear, Caz.
Pages: 1 ... 7979 7980 [7981] 7982 7983 ... 8153