Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7982 7983 [7984] 7985 7986 ... 8153

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 8473633 times)

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #119745 on: March 24, 2021, 03:26:10 am »

I guess it's a good thing I never bothered with Discord.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

methylatedspirit

• Bay Watcher
  • it/its
    • View Profile
« Reply #119746 on: March 24, 2021, 04:12:24 am »

I have a Discord account (under a different username, 'cause compartmentalization), but it's been gathering dust from the moment it was created. I've forgotten what my username there was, and I've had to check my phone to see what it was. I'm very hesitant to join any servers or share that username with anyone or do anything with it, since that would add obligations to my life that aren't essential. Too stressful.

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #119747 on: March 24, 2021, 07:17:16 am »

Fuck discord, they got rich selling everyone's data to China XD. I use them because there's no other real option if I want to participate in online gaming.

Maybe someone else will step in with better business practices.

Isn't Discord just slightly fancier IRC that sells your data?

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #119748 on: March 24, 2021, 07:47:41 am »

I've yet to see any actual compelling evidence for Discord selling data. Not that I especially trust big companies, though.

Hopefully MS doesn't kill it. That would suck.

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #119749 on: March 24, 2021, 09:44:12 am »

-
« Last Edit: September 16, 2023, 02:06:56 pm by dragdeler »
let

Madde

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #119750 on: March 24, 2021, 10:31:49 am »

I know that Covid is hard to deal with everywhere, but it seems like the egomaniac gangsters governing our country are actively working towards ruining people's lives. We have the third highest deaths per capita from Covid and it's still steadily increasing, hospitals have to operate way beyond their capacity (it's got to the point that most hospitals are asking for unskilled helpers but cannot provide vaccines for would-be volunteers), and to add on to all that, our government just refused to further postpone evictions. In contrast with these facts, Fidesz is claiming on all state-owned media platforms that everything is fine, nurses and doctors are lying about the severity of the situation, and that they are thinking about opening up in the coming months, citing the 1,6 million (first dose only) successful vaccinations.

I fucking hate it here. I have absolutely lost my ability to cope with reality and I'm convinced the only way we are going to get rid of these greedy troglodytes is through a bloody, violent revolt.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2021, 10:33:23 am by Madde »

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #119751 on: March 24, 2021, 11:28:36 am »

Oh shit you're dealing with the Hungarian govt.

You know Hungary terrifies me as a proof of concept on how bad things can get if right wing populists get into power, even for a little while :(

I hope you and yours are able to cope with the coming storm.

Do get the sinovac vaccine if offered. Even if its a bit crap compared to the others.
There's two kinds of performance reviews: the one you make they don't read, the one they make whilst they sharpen their daggers
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Madde

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #119752 on: March 24, 2021, 11:45:05 am »

Oh shit you're dealing with the Hungarian govt.

You know Hungary terrifies me as a proof of concept on how bad things can get if right wing populists get into power, even for a little while :(

I hope you and yours are able to cope with the coming storm.

Do get the sinovac vaccine if offered. Even if its a bit crap compared to the others.

Currently the only civilians getting vaccinations are 60 years or older, as they make up the majority of the Fidesz voterbase, and the second doses are lagging behind so much that there's a high possibility that it's going to lead to lesser efficiency against the virus. To be honest, I'm starting to believe Orbán and his cronies will turn Hungary into a total dictatorship before the '22 elections could even take place. If shit gets any worse I'll probably drop my uni studies and just move to Austria to help my sister out and carve out an existence for myself.

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
  • System Lord and Hanslanda lees evil twin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #119753 on: March 24, 2021, 02:05:19 pm »

Spoiler: sad stupid ass story (click to show/hide)
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #119754 on: March 25, 2021, 02:23:54 pm »

We lost one of the celebrities I actually liked. And looking, I enjoyed her in about twice as many roles as I knew of. Great actress.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #119755 on: March 26, 2021, 01:54:18 am »

I don't keep up with the news who was it?
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #119756 on: March 26, 2021, 07:28:48 am »

Greg's mother
Love, scriver~

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #119757 on: March 26, 2021, 08:51:38 am »

I don't keep up with the news who was it?

Jessica Walter, voice of Malory Archer (in the above gif) among many other things including being the mom in Arrested Development.

Caz

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:comforting whirs]
    • View Profile
« Reply #119758 on: March 26, 2021, 09:13:04 am »

the duck keeps trying to eat my socks

also i kicked a brick and learned that it is bad idea to kick a brick. die brick die etc.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #119759 on: March 26, 2021, 09:15:34 am »

Damn I was certain she was the mother in a shitty 90's sitcom but looking at imdb that was a completely different old lady with the same face.

She did play Morgan leFay in the 70's Doctor Strange movie though

the duck keeps trying to eat my socks

As in dwarf; as in duck
Love, scriver~
Pages: 1 ... 7982 7983 [7984] 7985 7986 ... 8153