Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8015 8016 [8017] 8018 8019 ... 8153

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 8471868 times)

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #120240 on: September 24, 2021, 05:24:42 pm »

Another resident has died from covid, and another has tested positive and sent to isolation, this time from the other hall. So we all get additional precautions, face shields, gowns when entering patients rooms. Kitchen staff like me can't enter their rooms at all or interact with them. Also can't take our masks off, even in the back hallway where almost nobody ever comes through. Gotta go to the break room for a glass of water. But the break room is more crowded more often as a result. Go figure, now no longer the safest place to take off your mask.

We know the variant we have in the area is primarily the delta variant (because that's what's showing up in the hospitals, where the ICUs are full again, which is why nursing homes like us aren't sending the sick to them but isolating them on a separate ward.), it seems the vaccines we got for the original variant, arent preventing infection by the delta variant (the majority of the sick residents have been vaccinated, the staff that got sick were not, though), which has the anti maskers/vaccers hollering about how none of it ever works. Because they're the reason none of it is working, but they're stupid and selfish to comprehend that. Including my father, who is becoming more deranged by the day listening to his crazy podcasts about the evil deep state using vaccines and masks to take away our rights.

I am tired, in every possible way. Mentally, emotionally, physically. I want to quit everything and live in the woods.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
  • System Lord and Hanslanda lees evil twin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #120241 on: September 24, 2021, 10:20:27 pm »

Guys both your situations are awful. Please hang in there and be safe. I know is not much but you are heard here.
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

delphonso

• Bay Watcher
  • menaces with spikes of pine
    • View Profile
« Reply #120242 on: September 25, 2021, 03:38:31 am »

Guys both your situations are awful. Please hang in there and be safe. I know is not much but you are heard here.

Seconded - best of luck to both of you.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #120243 on: September 25, 2021, 12:21:53 pm »

Woke up today feeling low . . .

My mom came and visited last week and pulled out the stops on the forms of abuse that she feels comfortable using on me when I'm suicidally depressed (as opposed to the ones that seem fair to her when I'm capable of fighting back). So on top of everything else I'm dealing with, I now know that I'm a disappointment because I'm fat(ter), she wants me to live nearer to her, oh and she wishes I was involved with a guy. And she made a big drama when she was leaving out of "if something happens to me while I'm driving home, you have to forgive me!"

She thinks the problem I have is that I'm not bored enough yet with being depressed, heh. And that I should realize she needs me because she is depressed, so then I wouldn't be depressed.

(The irony of the fact that my being depressed doesn't cause her to rally and yet she is expecting the reverse to occur with someone less than half her age is ripe and wasted on her).

She even asked me why I'm so fucked up compared to my friends.

Anyway, here's some other nasty shit that happened this week:
- Classes started and one of the instructors opted to wear a face shield instead of a face mask, which is not permitted but oh well
- Classes started. I'm exhausted.
- Rude fellow TAs ordering me around and telling me to email people for their own problems (switching sections with me), fuck that.
- Haven't had time to cook, keep being so tired that I fall asleep with teeth unbrushed.
- Still fucking miserable after being kicked out of a martial arts dojo for being "too undisciplined" as of a couple months ago and struggling to find somewhere else to exercise
- Yesterday morning in the space of an hour I:
-- Made it most of the way to school and found out that I had brought incompatible pieces of two different bike locks
-- Accidentally dropped my backpack, which cracked the screen of the phone inside
-- Got a puncture in one of my tires when I finally made it to school

Also, my therapist finished his internship without actually getting enough hours to become licensed, so now he's stressed out because he doesn't have enough clients; and on top of that apparently feels like teletherapy makes it impossible to correctly do his job. I want to yell at him about how useless he's being but somehow I don't feel able to do that?

Also, I think I may have just accidentally walked in on my landlord masturbating.

/bay/, I feel like I need a miracle right now. This fucking sucks.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #120244 on: September 25, 2021, 01:14:35 pm »

God I hate it that bullshit like that allways happens in multiples. Yesterday morning on top of the rest sounds like the kind of day where I would have lost my shit really bad, like quitting my job or punching myself a black eye or something crazy like that.

On the faceshield, idk, doesn't seem ideal yes but over here it's a legal alternative. Just imagine that that teacher is just really concerned with his students that hear bad and lowkey rely on reading lips, even if he is actually just an asshole. With where the pandemic is after allmost two years, it's sad to say but we can allmost be grateful for any token gesture that might mess with the aerodynamics somewhat...I'm totally fine with people who wear scarves. And when it comes to those that wear their mask under their nose, I just consider them mouthbreathers, as in the pejorative meaning, that tends to satisfy my animosities.

Your former dojo sounds like it has too much money. Pride dictates you don't cash in without confronting your students about their absences. Kicking you out was needlessly competitive. What would the parents say if you tried to instigate that those who won't pass get kicked out of your class, just for you too look better? Actually cross that out, I'll try to not take a needless misanthropic big swing at all the users with kids but like, you got to take parents opinions with a pinch of salt, don't we all have our own parents that showed us the tragic effects of being parent on a healthy brain :P?! I guess you're avoiding this exact scenario for a reason but I can't imagine there were any kids/teens training in that dojo.

I got an assortement of old smartphones I consider to be from the era before they got hell of annoying, probably way useless to you, and between that and renting an anonymous mailbox and paying customs on some old ewaste this is probably the stupidest paragraph yet.

Guess I'm all out of unsatisfying takes, a far cry from a miracle but I tried.
let

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #120245 on: September 26, 2021, 04:53:05 am »

The faceshield barely does anything, unfortunatedly. There's no seal, so you project the same amount of crap and it wont protect you from floating particles. All it does is prevent someone from directly sneezing on your face.

We have a worker in my place that has several comorbidities and is always wearing one.  I'm not her doctor and I am not in a room with her so I'm not going to be the one to tell ir to her, but I think she has a false sense of security from the thing :/
There's two kinds of performance reviews: the one you make they don't read, the one they make whilst they sharpen their daggers
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

None

• Bay Watcher
  • Forgotten, but not gone
    • View Profile
« Reply #120246 on: September 26, 2021, 01:28:49 pm »

You did great, Vec, that's like three extra generous portions of 'shitty week' and you've got a level head about it to tell us how it went. Sorry your mom's a piece of work, you don't deserve any of that.

On the bright side, if your landlord gives you trouble about a repair or something, you could maybe voice in a complaint that 'you think you saw that a knob was out of place?'

It's no miracle, sorry, but I admire your fortitude!

--

I locked my keys in my car today and had to cancel on plans I'd made. That's fifty bucks and a morning I won't get to see again. I'm really useless in the morning before I've had coffee, heh.

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #120247 on: September 26, 2021, 01:48:58 pm »

You did great, Vec, that's like three extra generous portions of 'shitty week' and you've got a level head about it to tell us how it went. Sorry your mom's a piece of work, you don't deserve any of that.

On the bright side, if your landlord gives you trouble about a repair or something, you could maybe voice in a complaint that 'you think you saw that a knob was out of place?'

It's no miracle, sorry, but I admire your fortitude!

--

I locked my keys in my car today and had to cancel on plans I'd made. That's fifty bucks and a morning I won't get to see again. I'm really useless in the morning before I've had coffee, heh.
Depending on the kind of windows and locks one can unlock with with a sufficiently long and sturdy cord or a hard wire.
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

None

• Bay Watcher
  • Forgotten, but not gone
    • View Profile
« Reply #120248 on: September 26, 2021, 03:30:31 pm »

Well, what's done is done now, I'll call it an investment in being careful about locking objects and/or taking more time in the morning to drink coffee.

I used to own a set of lockpicks, as a hobby. Wouldn't do me a lick of good for a car door, naturally, but I popped a few padlocks back in my day, and one cabinet for which the key was absent. Good fun.

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #120249 on: September 26, 2021, 04:48:08 pm »

A good practice is to make a simple copy of your key. Now days most car keys have some chip or something that will not allow you to start the car with a key that simply match the shape. But you do not need start the car, just open it.

So make a simple metal copy of the key and keep it on your wallet.

Edit: fuck it seems one of my wife's brothers has a nasty accident on another state while working (he drives a truck) and while he is okay other people might be dead.

While looking for any news I also found so many depressive things like this guy that got killed of three shots. He was gunned down selected at random by this stupid idiot because a "warlock" told him to do it as a sacrifice required for granting a wish...

Another news of this woman that hired a goon to rob her own mother of a meager amount...

Oh fuck we are really worried.

Edit2: fuck a little girl died.... a baby.... fuck.
« Last Edit: September 26, 2021, 10:35:32 pm by LordBaal »

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #120250 on: September 26, 2021, 11:06:37 pm »

Confirmed, a 1 year old died. Aparently my brother in law had to doge an incoming car on the wrong way and trew the truck to the side of the road, and did not hit the girl but the wind sucked her carriage.... why the fuck everything have to be so fucking grim damn it. DAMN IT..

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #120251 on: September 27, 2021, 06:57:54 am »

Our prime minister Rutte (who, despite I don't like his political views, deserves some kudos for always going to work on his bicycle), has been placed under extreme protection detail.

Apparently the cocaine maffia wants to kill or kidnap him. So now he can't ride his bike to work anymore.

What has our country come to of late.... Lawyers, journalists, innocent familiy members of state witnesses being assasinated by cocaine maffia. That's just so not dutch. But sadly it seems to be becoming the new dutch way.
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #120252 on: September 30, 2021, 09:54:31 am »

Not surprised after Amsterdam had an anti-tank missile fired at a journalist HQ in 2018. But what surprises me is... The PM? I would think that even organised criminals would hesitate to go after someone so big

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #120253 on: September 30, 2021, 10:01:27 am »

So Gansterdam is not a lousy but funny movie about drugs but a sad reality about drugs?

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #120254 on: September 30, 2021, 10:33:38 am »

Spoiler: gansterdam (click to show/hide)
let
Pages: 1 ... 8015 8016 [8017] 8018 8019 ... 8153