Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8016 8017 [8018] 8019 8020 ... 8156

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 8572270 times)

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #120255 on: September 30, 2021, 11:12:39 am »

Not surprised after Amsterdam had an anti-tank missile fired at a journalist HQ in 2018. But what surprises me is... The PM? I would think that even organised criminals would hesitate to go after someone so big

Mexicartels don't play by our rules
Love, scriver~

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #120256 on: September 30, 2021, 12:04:53 pm »

It's not Mexicartels over here, it is Mocrocartels.
I wouldn't be surprised if they wanted to try and kidnap our PM to force the release of Riduan T.
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
  • System Lord and Hanslanda lees evil twin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #120257 on: September 30, 2021, 02:02:09 pm »

Riduan T? What's that? A designer drug?
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH

scriver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #120259 on: September 30, 2021, 03:06:11 pm »

It's not Mexicartels over here, it is Mocrocartels.
I wouldn't be surprised if they wanted to try and kidnap our PM to force the release of Riduan T.

Ah, I just assumed because the growing influence of Mexican mobsters on this side of the trench.
Love, scriver~

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #120260 on: September 30, 2021, 03:36:49 pm »

With all that money (and being you know, a wanted criminal) I would have changed that stupid sounding name first of all.

Wow 10 murders seems something the average criminal here gets before actually being wanted for real. Obviously those 10 are the only ones they know off or have proof of, most likely is a higher body count.... it always is.
« Last Edit: September 30, 2021, 03:38:51 pm by LordBaal »
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #120261 on: September 30, 2021, 03:44:10 pm »

Riduan T? What's that? A designer drug?

Ridouan Taghi is one of the suspects in custody, arrested in Dubai and extradited to the Netherlands on request of the Dutch authorities, for being in charge of a large drugs cartel, and for ordering the liquidations of many people, including the brother of a hitman turned crown witness, the lawyer of said crown witness, and recently, Peter R. de Vries, famous crime reporter who had become the official confidant of the same crown witness.

We just refer to him as Ridouan T., we are so used to reading it like that because of our privacy laws. If someone has been arrested, and has not yet been sentenced, our newspapers are not allowed to print the suspect's last name anymore.
It's fine to print the full name if someone has not been arrested yet though, so, yeah, everyone knows the full name.
Wow 10 murders seems something the average criminal here gets before actually being wanted for real. Obviously those 10 are the only ones they know off or have proof of, most likely is a higher body count.... it always is.
This is the biggest organized crime trial ever held in our country. And the most lethal for lawyers, journalists and crown witness' families, ever.
« Last Edit: September 30, 2021, 03:51:54 pm by martinuzz »
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #120262 on: September 30, 2021, 03:56:21 pm »

We call it a Tuesday

I really hope you countries improve that. You really dont want to keep on the road to becoming Mexico or Venezuela.

But in fact, we dont call it anyway because that kind of characters here are not proccesed, are given an military uniform and a importan position on the cabinet.
« Last Edit: September 30, 2021, 03:58:33 pm by LordBaal »

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #120263 on: October 01, 2021, 05:49:17 pm »

Got stabbed in the back by a fellow trans person who said (I think?) that she didn't want to hang around with gay women and didn't see any need for solidarity from me. I got so upset that I started crying on the way home and sent her some texts ("I use they/them pronouns and I'm not a gay woman") that I wish I hadn't. She texted me back and I can't make myself look at my phone.

Why can't you just take it on the chin Vector. No one has to like you. Why are you so shrill.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #120264 on: October 01, 2021, 06:20:12 pm »

You care because humans are social creatures that evolved to live in small, tightly knit bands that needed everyone getting along to survive.

Not caring would be stranger from that perspetive, and is most definitely a learned skill only necessary now that we live in such large disconnected populations.

No reason to beat yourself up over such a normal and very human response.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

scriver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #120265 on: October 01, 2021, 07:12:57 pm »

Sounds like a real shithead person anyway, not that that makes it feel any better, but you deserve to hang out with better people than that anyway
Love, scriver~

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #120266 on: October 01, 2021, 09:23:01 pm »

Not wanting to look at certain messages is a normal thing.
All I can say is that you're welcome to talk to me about it.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #120267 on: October 01, 2021, 11:57:08 pm »

1. Thank you for listening. I really appreciate it.

2. I can't stand looking at my dumb face right now and I just took off my pronouns in the school discord. Uh,

I can put them back later if I want I guess. I wish I had some friends in this town.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #120268 on: October 02, 2021, 02:13:52 am »

God, mood. On all three accounts, face, pronouns, and no local friends.

You still in Berkeley, by the way?

I've been going with she/her because it's the simplest, but it doesn't really feel like it fits either, but I don't know what would.

Gender's a fuck.

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #120269 on: October 02, 2021, 07:02:52 am »

Vector you are an awesome and very decent human being! Fuck off with whoever hijo de puta that dares to try bring you down. Anyone would be really lucky to have you as a friend.
Pages: 1 ... 8016 8017 [8018] 8019 8020 ... 8156