Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8020 8021 [8022] 8023 8024 ... 8153

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 8472299 times)

Magmacube_tr

• Bay Watcher
  • Praise KeK! For He is The Key and The Gate!
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #120315 on: October 27, 2021, 03:46:14 pm »

Now that Halloween approaches, we must rebrand impostor syndrome as amogus pocus

"Sorry sir, but your diagnosis is not for the weak-hearted."

"Tell me, I can handle it!"

"You have contracted the Amogus Pocus, my dear sir. You will die in 69 seconds."

"NOOOOOOOO!!!!"

Goddamit, you made me laugh at the sad thread.
I must submerge myself in MAGMAAAAAAAAA! daily for 17 cents, which I detest. With a new profile picture!

My gaem. JOIN NAOW!!!

My sigtext. Read if you dare!

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Perhaps I'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #120316 on: October 27, 2021, 11:53:21 pm »

If someone told me that I was going to die in 69 seconds, or any other time unit for that matter, the only thing I'd say would be "nice."
Down at the bottom of the ocean. Beneath tons of brine which would crush you down. Not into broken and splintered flesh, but into thin soup. Into just more of the sea water. Where things live that aren't so different from you, but you will never live to touch them and they will never live to touch you.

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #120317 on: October 28, 2021, 03:03:18 am »

You are going to die 2000 years from now
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #120318 on: October 28, 2021, 03:06:38 am »

These assholes saying "Live each day as if it's your last" have- had, no idea what they were saying.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #120319 on: October 28, 2021, 07:55:59 am »

These assholes saying "Live each day as if it's your last" have- had, no idea what they were saying.
tearfully calls all of my friends everyday to tell them to live on without me

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #120320 on: October 28, 2021, 08:25:59 am »

Yea, definitely don't live each day as though it's your last. Better to appreciate each day fully.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
  • System Lord and Hanslanda lees evil twin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #120321 on: October 28, 2021, 08:42:12 am »

Another relative of my wife just died of covid. He was the main bread winner on his family that included his grandsons left orphaned many years ago in an accident...
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #120322 on: October 31, 2021, 07:44:32 am »

Found out from my father that my cat died the other day. She was on the side of the road, but we don't know how it happened because she didn't look injured at all.

It hurts more because I haven't seen her in weeks.
Black lives matter.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #120323 on: October 31, 2021, 02:39:35 pm »

I'm sorry Bowtie. It always hurt to lose our little friends.
Love, scriver~

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #120324 on: November 01, 2021, 03:58:59 am »

A while ago there was an initiative from GPs to ship their leftover vaccines to third world countries (to protest bureaucracy preventing the government from doing so).

Some of them are now getting death threats from black anti-vaxxers, for 'genociding Africa'.

Stupid people will be stupid people.

Honestly, antivaxxers should be put on the world's terrorist organistation list.
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #120325 on: November 01, 2021, 05:42:53 am »

A while ago there was an initiative from GPs to ship their leftover vaccines to third world countries (to protest bureaucracy preventing the government from doing so).

Some of them are now getting death threats from black anti-vaxxers, for 'genociding Africa'.

Stupid people will be stupid people.

Honestly, antivaxxers should be put on the world's terrorist organistation list.
It'd dilute the meaning of terrorist and organisation; a scared rabble is dangerous but neither terrorist or organised. This reminds me of when the volunteer doctors were hacked to death with machetes by scared families during the ebola outbreak. Fear can cause even mild natured peoples to revert to atavistic instincts

Found out from my father that my cat died the other day. She was on the side of the road, but we don't know how it happened because she didn't look injured at all.

It hurts more because I haven't seen her in weeks.
Journey well little meow

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #120326 on: November 01, 2021, 01:21:32 pm »

My favorite chimkin succumbed to an infection today :'(

goodbye little ham. you can imagine me carrying you around under my arm like a football like we always did IRL, in chicky-doo heaven
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #120327 on: November 01, 2021, 04:10:24 pm »

Monkeys Chickens aren't donkeys Hams. Quit messing with my head!

Also, poor birb. Hopefully things go better with the rest.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #120328 on: November 01, 2021, 05:04:25 pm »

Monkeys Chickens aren't donkeys Hams. Quit messing with my head!
Not with that attitude they aren't!

Chicken heaven is probably the thing eating all the stuff that used to be too big to eat, anyway. No arm carries, just arm eaties.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #120329 on: November 01, 2021, 11:19:53 pm »

I'm ... seriously feeling depressed today. The chair of my grad department told me that they had more or less given up on trying to help my cohort of people who started school during COVID thrive; and that showing kindness is not seen to be the domain of mathematicians. The human aspect has no place in math. The head of the department relations committee (in charge of dealing with the actively hostile environment toward women and other minorities in the department) confided to me that diversity is hard to support and he's given up on interceding when diverse students are maltreated.

On some level it feels like the pandemic isn't over for me yet, either. Will it ever be over? I have so many people talking in my phone, but I'm so lonely ...
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".
Pages: 1 ... 8020 8021 [8022] 8023 8024 ... 8153