Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8028 8029 [8030] 8031 8032 ... 8153

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 8470278 times)

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #120435 on: December 11, 2021, 12:03:19 am »

just when they cast someone for my favorite character from the original show >:(

Indeed, and they got like a minute of screen time in season One-and-Only.  For some reason, I thought that particular casting was perfect, in comparison to all the other castings which were a bit off.

which is mildly interesting, what little chatter I've seen has praised the casting and basically nothing else, heh
Really?  The casting was the most cringe-worthy part, except the final crew member of the anime.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #120436 on: December 12, 2021, 06:02:00 am »

Just as I get to kinda liking the Live-Action Cowboy Bebop, they announced no Season Two.  :'(
They made an announcement about season 2 allright:
"‘Cowboy Bebop’ Canceled by Netflix After One Season"
https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/tv/tv-news/cowboy-bebop-canceled-netflix-1235060256/
There's two kinds of performance reviews: the one you make they don't read, the one they make whilst they sharpen their daggers
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #120437 on: December 13, 2021, 07:09:29 am »

The person in my life I considered my best, closest friend is on day 10 of just plain ignoring me. I wouldn't be so hurt if they even tried to explain it.

I can understand being busy and not really being able to have a conversation. But I've been baring my soul to them for 10 days straight about the worst time in my life, and not a single reply in all that time, not even a "sorry, maybe later." This person I completely trusted with everything, that I thought completely understood me, that I came to first with everything, even a dumb joke or meme... Just as gone from my life as my classmates in kindergarten in a different state over 20 years ago.

I was so optimistic about cell phones, the Internet, social media. With so many ways to talk to other people, hurt feelings and misunderstandings should be easier to clear up than ever, right? No, people just find new and inventive ways to shun and shame each other. I didn't believe "ghosting" was a real thing, that sounded like some dumbass Here's what the kids are saying! article in a mom magazine at the checkout in the early 2000s, and now it's happening to me left and right. Users on this very forum have provided more comfort, understanding, and listening than any number of people I've considered my real life ride-or-die best friends.

I feel like I'm going insane.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #120438 on: December 13, 2021, 07:33:29 am »

My response to such thing would not be 'oh my god I am being ignored', but instead 'oh my god I hope nothing terrible has happened to my friend'.

Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #120439 on: December 13, 2021, 07:50:32 am »

My response to such thing would not be 'oh my god I am being ignored', but instead 'oh my god I hope nothing terrible has happened to my friend'.

I can see they've been posting every other day on just about all their socials. Nice try.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #120440 on: December 13, 2021, 09:22:59 am »

I can see they've been posting every other day on just about all their socials.
Fair enough. You did not provide that information in your first post.

Nice try.
Not sure what you think I 'tried'? I am not judging you in any way.

Anyhow. You might be taking this too personally. Don't assume the worst. It could very well be that your friend does not reply to you pouring out your heart because he is in a 'I don't know what to say' mindset. People can blank out you know.

Also consider that people don't always have the energy to cope wih someone else's problems is they are occupied with things in their own life.
That is not malice, that is inability.

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #120441 on: December 13, 2021, 09:39:59 am »

I had that happen to me recently. I have two friends I consider my left arm and right arm; which is to say I would rather lose either arm than one of them. One day they stop picking up my calls or responding on socials; in one particularly gruelling instance I called them (straight to ringtone) only to call a mutual friend. Mutual friend said my best friend was calling them, which means they had just seen my call and decided to leave it. I was saddened greatly because I had no idea why I was being ignored. I decided to stop contacting them, as I worried repeated contacts in spite of this would offend them more, if I had offended them, or at any rate exhaust them. After a week and a half they called me to arrange a dinner, and explained that they were physically exhausted from working two jobs and were trying to support one of his own close friends who was going through a brutal time. As such I had been given a much lower priority than all his time sensitive endeavours. Sometimes this is what being a good friend is about - they trust you to be a lower priority because they feel comfortable knowing you will still be there at the end.

Still doesn't excuse not picking up the phone and saying "hey can't talk now" >:[

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #120442 on: December 13, 2021, 09:45:27 am »

Nice try.

I'm sorry. I've been in a very angry, confused mindset and just kind of lash out recently. Everything that I was able to cope with before is suddenly turning out to have been under my skin this whole time, and I'm finding myself less and less able to keep it inside. I'm ashamed to admit, I think I was just trying to be nasty to make myself feel better. I'm sorry, and I appreciate you talking about this with me. I hope I don't drive you off.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #120443 on: December 13, 2021, 09:48:21 am »

Takes an impressive emotional maturity to understand yourself so well and in humility work things out like that. I must admit I felt that anxiousness, confusion and suspicion, that perhaps I had done something wrong or my company was exhausting to them. But nah, sometimes people are just tired of social contact in general

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #120444 on: December 13, 2021, 09:49:45 am »

Nice try.

I'm sorry. I've been in a very angry, confused mindset and just kind of lash out recently. Everything that I was able to cope with before is suddenly turning out to have been under my skin this whole time, and I'm finding myself less and less able to keep it inside. I'm ashamed to admit, I think I was just trying to be nasty to make myself feel better. I'm sorry, and I appreciate you talking about this with me. I hope I don't drive you off.
It's okay m8 no harm done

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #120445 on: December 13, 2021, 01:23:19 pm »

I hope they're just taking their time to find the right words, or the courage, or that they will snap out of it. You don't deserve to be abandoned, don't these people have any honor?

If you want to be nasty you can try me, I'll be the verbal punching bag that hardly ever does anything except swing back in a controlled and purposeful manner, if the momentum calls for it. In your shoes I'd be angry too during the moments I'm not lethargic.
let

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
  • System Lord and Hanslanda lees evil twin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #120446 on: December 13, 2021, 03:08:13 pm »

You are just going by a lot isnotlogical. Dont stress too much over it, he probably has a reason, but even if he dont is his problem, not yours. Also, try whatsapp if you have a smart phone, dunno how popular is in USA but here is the most common way to comunicate over distances.
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

Robot Parade Leader

• Bay Watcher
  • Well, go on ... parade!
    • View Profile
« Reply #120447 on: December 22, 2021, 02:32:27 am »

This kind of goes into it a little bit I guess.

I've been that person who just sort of stopped talking to everyone else. Short version is my life went to crap for a while and I'm digging myself out of it. I was and still kinda am embarrassed to even get into it and that's why I don't want to get too into it / didn't want to talk to everyone.

I know you said they were active on all their other socials. I don't know this person or what their posing looks like. All I can say is I kept on posting to some things just to keep up the status quo when I didn't even have the energy to. I don't' know, maybe that's what they're doing?

I have no idea how to basically restart relationships with my friends, and I'm hoping it can happen after COVID finally goes away and we get back to normal. We've grown apart and I'm hoping COVID may provide some cover as to why.

I have no idea about that person, you, or the relationship between you two. I wish I had some good answer for you. I hope it works out OK, for everyone really.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #120448 on: January 04, 2022, 02:33:42 am »

[runs into thread, actively on fire]

Three week vacation, one week recovering from sleep deprivation and getting booster, one week required isolation due to COVID exposure (missed Christmas), one week being yelled at by parents in guise of "holiday" "visit",

This weekend my local distant-relative wanted me to see her house. Auntie !! I didn't say anything about dating ! Why did you ask me about why I don't have a boyfriend. Or if I have ever had one.

You're an Evangelical Christian, Auntie. . . I held up my side of the bargain. I didn't tell. It's your job not to ask, and your own fault if you get that cold look in your eyes.

(I didn't tell her that I'm queer, I just dodged the question. I had a grandparent in the Jugend who was all fussed that my hair turned brown, I know not to say shit to people with extreme ideas).

(It was sad to see how quickly her warmth drained away. I was hoping for a family member to love me! I didn't know she was in an Evangelical church . . . I only asked her after she asked a direct question . . .)
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

lemon10

• Bay Watcher
  • Citrus Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #120449 on: January 04, 2022, 05:28:57 am »

I've been planning on going to an anime convention this weekend for the last few months, but it turns out that this month's hot pocket flavor is "Opps, all vaccine-resistant covid" and I can't justify the risk of going and getting covid and passing it on to my family so I'm not going to go. :/

I'm also working in a school (going back next week once break ends) so I'm probably going to get Omicron anyways over the next few months if the school isn't pre-emptively shutdown, which does make the fact that I'm not going to the con to avoid it rather annoying.
And with a mighty leap, the evil Conservative flies through the window, escaping our heroes once again!
Because the solution to not being able to control your dakka is MOAR DAKKA.

That's it. We've finally crossed over and become the nation of Da Orky Boyz.
Pages: 1 ... 8028 8029 [8030] 8031 8032 ... 8153