Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8030 8031 [8032] 8033 8034 ... 8153

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 8472435 times)

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #120465 on: January 07, 2022, 08:35:37 am »

Over a milion farm animals have been preventively killed, because an aggressive, much more contageous variant of the bird flu is roaming our country (and the rest of Europe, in fact, this is the largest outbreak ever recorded in Europe).
It might not be enough though. This variant is also killing a lot of wild birds in our nature reserves.
If this continues we might have to eradicate the wildlife to prevent the eradication of the wildlife.

Not to mention that there are rare cases of this bird flu jumping from bird to human. It killed 10 people in China. Yesterday, the first human patient was discovered in the UK. We don't need another pandemic.

Our Agricultural Association (LTO) advises farmers to vaccinate their livestock. The only problem there is that if they do they'll go bankrupt, because most countries do not buy vaccinated meat.
« Last Edit: January 07, 2022, 08:40:58 am by martinuzz »
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

Magmacube_tr

• Bay Watcher
  • Praise KeK! For He is The Key and The Gate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #120466 on: January 07, 2022, 03:47:01 pm »

Dammit! Don't tell me that another disease outbreak is about to go loose. Covid is bad enough.
I must submerge myself in MAGMAAAAAAAAA! daily for 17 cents, which I detest. With a new profile picture!

My gaem. JOIN NAOW!!!

My sigtext. Read if you dare!

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
  • System Lord and Hanslanda lees evil twin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #120467 on: January 07, 2022, 07:45:00 pm »

Why the fuck would people not buy vaccinated meat?
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

femmelf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #120468 on: January 07, 2022, 07:53:23 pm »

Everyone can already hear the anti vaxxers, right?

Speaking of, I thought a relative was smarter than to refuse a booster shot. They got the 1st and 2nd doses. Now they're spewing anti vaxxer BS. I don't even know except wow....
So you took it twice but not the third time? This is almost recursive.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #120469 on: January 08, 2022, 10:19:04 am »

Dammit! Don't tell me that another disease outbreak is about to go loose. Covid is bad enough.
thatīs what they are trying to prevent.
There's two kinds of performance reviews: the one you make they don't read, the one they make whilst they sharpen their daggers
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #120470 on: January 08, 2022, 10:46:15 am »

But it make no sense to not buy meat because the animal was not vaccinated. Animals are feed tons of shit and no one complains. A vaccine would hardly left any trace on the meat. Its stupid, like refusing to eat an animal because its fur was brown instead of yellow... wtf has to do with anything?
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #120471 on: January 08, 2022, 01:13:20 pm »

I had never heard such a thing, but you know, I'll voluntarely believe that there are masses of morons who prefer to eat antibiotics and who think they can taste the difference between two white bloodcells.
let

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #120472 on: January 08, 2022, 01:51:45 pm »

Information I'm finding is that pretty much all meat animals are routinely vaccinated against a wide range of illnesses.
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #120473 on: January 08, 2022, 08:31:28 pm »

another sadz
« Last Edit: January 19, 2022, 08:28:42 pm by dragdeler »
let

bloop_bleep

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #120474 on: January 23, 2022, 01:13:07 am »

I'm incredibly annoyed because I received upsetting news and I showed my dad that I was upset which led to it becoming a big unnecessary irritating thing, and then later my dad brought it up again for no reason and talked about stuff that was not pertinent which led to the big unnecessary thing continuing.
Quote from: KittyTac
The closest thing Bay12 has to a flamewar is an argument over philosophy that slowly transitioned to an argument about quantum mechanics.
Quote from: thefriendlyhacker
The trick is to only make predictions semi-seriously.  That way, I don't have a 98% failure rate. I have a 98% sarcasm rate.

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #120475 on: January 23, 2022, 08:05:41 am »

Im very worried about Itisnotlogical. Dont know anything about him since last year, and another friend of him says he doesn't know anything from him since 15 days ago.

Also miss hansa ranting around here.

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #120476 on: January 24, 2022, 02:58:52 am »

If you mean Hanslanda, he's active in discord regularly.

MaxTheFox

• Bay Watcher
  • Лишь одна дорожка да на всей земле
    • View Profile
« Reply #120477 on: January 24, 2022, 06:31:47 am »

I vaguely remember him I think. Why did he stop posting?
Woe to those who make unjust laws, to those who issue oppressive decrees, to deprive the poor of their rights and withhold justice from the oppressed of my people, making widows their prey and robbing the fatherless. What will you do on the day of reckoning, when disaster comes from afar?

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #120478 on: January 24, 2022, 07:05:06 am »

People get busy or switch to alternative mediums

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #120479 on: January 24, 2022, 07:24:33 am »

He has cancer. He stoped posting much here but we still dm each other on regular basis....
Pages: 1 ... 8030 8031 [8032] 8033 8034 ... 8153