Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8051 8052 [8053] 8054 8055 ... 8153

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 8472044 times)

Flying Teasets

• Bay Watcher
  • another nation, or a non-governmental entity
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #120780 on: June 11, 2022, 09:43:46 pm »

A neighbor we've known for a while might've come out as a clerical fascist.
Not here at the moment

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #120781 on: June 11, 2022, 09:52:05 pm »

a clerical fascist ... like Matt Walsh?
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Flying Teasets

• Bay Watcher
  • another nation, or a non-governmental entity
    • View Profile
« Reply #120782 on: June 11, 2022, 10:15:17 pm »

More Franco than him. The flag I saw wasn't unambiguously fascist but the timing is alarming. I'll need to find out which member of the family put it up.
Not here at the moment

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #120783 on: June 12, 2022, 02:23:30 am »

More Franco than him. The flag I saw wasn't unambiguously fascist but the timing is alarming. I'll need to find out which member of the family put it up.
HO ho hooo where's this and what flag??

Ahem, i offer my expertise at assessment 🤣
There's two kinds of performance reviews: the one you make they don't read, the one they make whilst they sharpen their daggers
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #120784 on: June 15, 2022, 03:55:21 am »

The coolest thrift store in the town near me is going out of business, so now there's one less thing to do in a town that had very little to do in it, and the only thrift stores left nearby are ether okay or crap.

Also we probably missed getting anything really cool since they started giving away everything in the store two days ago, oh well at least we found a few things, including a LED scrolling marquee thing just need to find a remote for it.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #120785 on: June 15, 2022, 12:23:12 pm »

Can you program it with an array of simple words and phrases? You can just keep it posted above where you sit and respond to yes or no questions with the marquee and the like.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #120786 on: June 16, 2022, 12:56:26 am »

Can you program it with an array of simple words and phrases? You can just keep it posted above where you sit and respond to yes or no questions with the marquee and the like.
Anything I want to say can be said with 16 different colours and all I need to do is figure out what model it is so I can get a new remote for it.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

delphonso

• Bay Watcher
  • menaces with spikes of pine
    • View Profile
« Reply #120787 on: June 18, 2022, 11:42:04 am »

Scamps has sadly passed away this Wednesday.
May he rest in peace the poor little guy will be missed  :(

Just saw the main page post. You'll be missed, Scamps.

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
  • And lo, the Dude did abide. And it was good.
    • View Profile
« Reply #120788 on: June 18, 2022, 06:35:59 pm »

Do not despair, for he is catsploding in heaven now.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #120789 on: June 18, 2022, 06:39:52 pm »

Scamps has sadly passed away this Wednesday.
May he rest in peace the poor little guy will be missed  :(

Aww :(((((

There's two kinds of performance reviews: the one you make they don't read, the one they make whilst they sharpen their daggers
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Rockeater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #120790 on: June 23, 2022, 07:58:55 am »

.Was wrong, still not fun
« Last Edit: June 23, 2022, 10:46:03 am by Rockeater »
Damnit people, this is why I said to keep the truce. Because now everyone's ganging up on the cats.
Also, don't forget to contact your local Eldritch Being(s), so that they can help with our mission to destroy the universe.

MaxTheFox

• Bay Watcher
  • Лишь одна дорожка да на всей земле
    • View Profile
« Reply #120791 on: June 23, 2022, 09:08:18 am »

RIP.
Woe to those who make unjust laws, to those who issue oppressive decrees, to deprive the poor of their rights and withhold justice from the oppressed of my people, making widows their prey and robbing the fatherless. What will you do on the day of reckoning, when disaster comes from afar?

KittyTac

• Bay Watcher
  • Impending Catsplosion. [PREFSTRING:aloofness]
    • View Profile
« Reply #120792 on: June 23, 2022, 09:37:57 am »

Just this side of heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge.

When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge. There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together. There is plenty of food, water and sunshine, and our friends are warm and comfortable.

All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor. Those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by. The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing; they each miss someone very special to them, who had to be left behind.

They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. His bright eyes are intent. His eager body quivers. Suddenly he begins to run from the group, flying over the green grass, his legs carrying him faster and faster.

You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart.

Then you cross Rainbow Bridge together....

Author unknown...
Don't trust this toaster that much, it could be a villain in disguise.
Mostly phone-posting, sorry for any typos or autocorrect hijinks.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #120793 on: June 23, 2022, 04:12:20 pm »

I wish I could go to the Rainbow Bridge for animals that don't have anyone coming ... I'd just stay there... my personal heaven
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #120794 on: June 24, 2022, 12:36:18 pm »

American voters. They voted in a serial rapist bigot who didn't think Donald Trump was racist or against Roe V Wade enough, and yelled at anyone who suggested it wasn't a good idea. Now they complain that they got what they wanted (anti-women, anti-LGBTQ+, anti-poor, racist, etc.).

They're either too stupid and lazy to see they're causing problems, or actively bigots. And they get mad at anyone who tries to actually do anything about the problems they cause.
Pages: 1 ... 8051 8052 [8053] 8054 8055 ... 8153