Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8052 8053 [8054] 8055 8056 ... 8153

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 8471122 times)

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #120795 on: June 24, 2022, 12:37:24 pm »

which serial rapist bigot?
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

McTraveller

• Bay Watcher
  • This text isn't very personal.
    • View Profile
« Reply #120796 on: June 24, 2022, 12:49:01 pm »

I think "they" are not sad - I know many people who specifically voted for Trump purely on the basis of him saying he'd stack SCOTUS to repeal Roe v Wade.

They tolerated all his other terrible things simply for that goal.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #120797 on: June 24, 2022, 12:54:27 pm »

I would like to emphasize: I'm pretty sure that you're talking about Biden, iduno, but this court decision was made by three Trump justices, not anyone from the Biden administration or placed by a Democrat.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #120798 on: June 24, 2022, 02:04:58 pm »

Indeed, this wouldn't even have been possible if the same people eagerly sucking down anti-Biden lies hadn't happily sucked down anti-Hillary lies while screaming "DON'T LECTURE US ON THE SUPREME COURT, BERNIE OR BUST!!!!!".

"If I lose, Trump will appoint Justices that will overturn Roe" was a major plank in Clinton's 2016 platform. And Bernie Bros mocked her for "fearmongering".
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #120799 on: June 25, 2022, 05:15:05 am »

Thanks bobarmer.
let

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #120800 on: June 25, 2022, 06:06:58 am »

There was a mass shooting in Oslo last night. 2 dead, 21 injured. The cops managed to apprehend the suspect, and while there's no official motive given yet, considering the timing and the locations of the shooting it's assumed that this was a terror attack against the LGBTQ+ community. As such, Oslo Pride, the country's largest and most influential Pride observation, has been cancelled on recommendations from the police.

I'd been in Oslo most of the day, along with a couple friends who are very much in the community. We were all back home and safe before any of this started happening, but of course it's still just a horrifying turn of events. We're still going to be keeping our colors up, as it seems now more than ever they're needed.

And this coming right on the heels of the supreme court decision is just... Deeply saddening.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #120801 on: June 25, 2022, 06:13:19 am »

Take care, Kagus!
Love, scriver~

MaxTheFox

• Bay Watcher
  • Лишь одна дорожка да на всей земле
    • View Profile
« Reply #120802 on: June 25, 2022, 11:18:11 am »

Oh my God, that is terrible.
Woe to those who make unjust laws, to those who issue oppressive decrees, to deprive the poor of their rights and withhold justice from the oppressed of my people, making widows their prey and robbing the fatherless. What will you do on the day of reckoning, when disaster comes from afar?

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #120803 on: June 26, 2022, 04:35:50 am »

Yes indeed, that's terrible.
Sad that the government decided to cancel the parade too, I don't think that was nescessary.
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #120804 on: June 26, 2022, 02:46:22 pm »

Yeah, there have been a number of eyebrows raised at the decision to cancel all Pride-related arrangements and recommend that people stay away/home from the city center... But I'd rather not delve into conspiratorial thinking, and would prefer to just see it as an overabundance of caution.

On the brighter side, a significant number of people decided that they weren't going to let something like that stop them from having Pride, and met up for a spontaneous parade anyways, marching through the city and finishing at the main gay bar that had been shot up. Still getting out there and showing their colors.

Similarly, there was a huge outpouring of support and everything resembling a rainbow flag or Pride bracelet was completely sold out everywhere around the city. To the extent where I had to buy some multicolored yarn and just tie my own janky-ass bracelet to have anything at all at the music festival we were attending :P It was the only thing left.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #120805 on: June 26, 2022, 03:57:38 pm »

Gotta show that bracelet, man!
Love, scriver~

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #120806 on: June 27, 2022, 02:08:10 am »

Just crying for a moment.  No big reason.  Music inspired by the current situation.  Wiping tears away, getting ready to forge out again.

(Also I guess I'm afraid to get my "life is worth living" juice from the place which is now under assault.  I'm legally fine, but the website doesn't work)
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #120807 on: June 27, 2022, 06:46:26 am »

There is allways something new to keep the stress levels on top... Oh you think you can handle things here we turned off the cold water deal with it. They do it because it's too annoying to wait for hot water.... When I say hot water the thing shoots fucking allmost steam. I'm not a plumber there were two valves but they didn't fix it so after twisting them around in all senses without effect I ooga booga kicked the boiler off the wall... Now I have cold water it doesn't even make sense everything is still attached pipewise....

Ugh I want to cry and walk home and not answer the phone. There is allways something entirely unecessary.
let

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #120808 on: June 30, 2022, 10:12:32 pm »

one grandparent basically broke down for a while today, largely because dementia has fucked their brain just enough they can't tell how miscommunication is causing most of the problems they're having with a child while still leaving them coherent enough to tell something's wrong without being aware of how badly the shit's fucking with their brain

"but i haven't changed" says the person that just gave four different and conflicting accounts of something that happened the day before

just. fuck dementia. so hard.

More than anything, living with folks having this happen to them has convinced me beyond the shadow of a doubt there either is no god, or god is an evil piece of shit. There's no holy scripture in the world that can excuse the existence of this. Whatever led to this world existing was either unthinking or malicious, and there is no third option. No one should have to live with this. No one should have to live with this happening to others. There's no sin great enough to warrant this.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

ThtblovesDF

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #120809 on: July 01, 2022, 02:55:25 am »

I feel the same about dementia and can only recommend to not underestimate one owns need for support while supporting.
Pages: 1 ... 8052 8053 [8054] 8055 8056 ... 8153