Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8064 8065 [8066] 8067 8068 ... 8153

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 8473810 times)

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #120975 on: August 21, 2022, 10:15:15 pm »

The last job I got, admittedly part-time, there was a question along the lines of “how long would you like to work for [company]?” and I answered “for as long as [company] is willing to employ me” or some such.

I did get an interview and got the job, and evidently impressed some people enough that when I needed to transfer, there was an issue that the assistant store manager (bearing in mind this is of a 200k+ sq. ft. store, and they were like my boss’ boss’ boss) actually fought my corner for me and got it through.

You should reward yourself for each position you apply for though, just to keep your motivation up.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

MaxTheFox

• Bay Watcher
  • Лишь одна дорожка да на всей земле
    • View Profile
« Reply #120976 on: August 21, 2022, 11:51:57 pm »

Yeah, I don't know if I've developed CFS or I've caught some illness or what, but I'm not doing well.

Did 15 minutes on the guitar. That was enough for my right shoulder to feel like I'd done some super specific shoulder exercise, and I'd gone at it hard. 4 hours later and it's still not 100% recovered.

EDIT: Nope, can't even sleep. This is giving me too much anxiety and simply laying down with no distractions really doesn't fucking help there.

I don't know what the hell's going on with it. The doctor's obviously got no fucking clue either because they keep finding nice little things that are causing it. Only issue being that they find it and then things get worse anyway. It sure as shit isn't anxiety, that's the cause and effect being mixed up. It's not vagus nerve stimulation either.

It's really beginning to freak me out a bit because things keep getting worse. It started with palpitations, then headaches and a maybe-visual-disturbance-maybe-not, now brain fog and weakness. I don't know what the fuck this is, I don't know if I've gone and developed MS or a brain tumour or some other fucking progressive disease, nobody can offer me any goddamn solutions and it feels like the doctor just wants it to go away rather than to actually do something about it so they conveniently ignore any symptoms falling outside the purview of what they want it to be.
If it had happened a year ago I'd have not given a toss. I was suicidally depressed back then. It feels like a fucking kick in the teeth to have this shit start happening when I actually want to live. Whatever this is, it's the worst physical illness I can ever remember having. Otherwise all I've had is a liver issue that went and resolved itself, colds and stomach bugs.
Yikes.
Woe to those who make unjust laws, to those who issue oppressive decrees, to deprive the poor of their rights and withhold justice from the oppressed of my people, making widows their prey and robbing the fatherless. What will you do on the day of reckoning, when disaster comes from afar?

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #120977 on: August 22, 2022, 01:10:57 am »

Could it be migraines?
There's two kinds of performance reviews: the one you make they don't read, the one they make whilst they sharpen their daggers
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #120978 on: August 22, 2022, 01:39:09 am »

I know I keep going on about it, but this really pisses me off.

I've got an especial hatred for the part of every application form where they ask you to basically fondle the company's balls and explain why you think they're so amazing to work for that you're after a job there. You know the truth is you want to be paid, they know the truth is you want to be paid, you still have to write a load of stuff about how much of a passion you have for discounted energy drinks or dried sausages from some mysterious farm located in the middle of Siberia.

EDIT: Christ, it just feels increasingly degrading the longer it goes on. It's like I'm selling part of my already-too-small pride for a job.
It's a test of obedience. They need to know that you'll say whatever Corporate HQ wants you to say.

Alternatively: Some organizations do in fact have some sort of cult following. And some organizations (Walmart comes to mind, from what I've heard) have Cult-like rituals.

As for what is bothering me:
I think I'm in the early, undetectable, stages of COVID. I recognize a few of the symptoms, but it could be something else.
Nothing to do but see if it gets worse I guess.

Great Order

• Bay Watcher
  • [SCREAMS_INTERNALLY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #120979 on: August 22, 2022, 09:12:12 am »

Could it be migraines?
I think it was a run up to a cold. It seems my body's decided colds will now add intense fatigue, tiredness and brain fog to the symptom list.
I may have wasted all those years
They're not worth their time in tears
I may have spent too long in darkness
In the warmth of my fears

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #120980 on: August 23, 2022, 02:59:21 am »

Those sound more like covid symptoms than cold symptoms.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Great Order

• Bay Watcher
  • [SCREAMS_INTERNALLY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #120981 on: August 23, 2022, 03:02:39 am »

Except I've been failing to test positive for covid. And from the limited sample, our family doesn't get covid relatively symptom free, even with the vaccine. My brother was laid out for about a week and a half.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #120982 on: August 23, 2022, 03:08:49 am »

If at first you don't succeed
Love, scriver~

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #120983 on: August 23, 2022, 03:39:11 am »

From what I can tell is that the home tests for covid kind of suck.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #120984 on: August 23, 2022, 03:54:02 am »

Failing to test positive is success
Love, scriver~

Great Order

• Bay Watcher
  • [SCREAMS_INTERNALLY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #120985 on: August 23, 2022, 04:26:14 am »

Test positive? Quarantine. Test negative? Guess what, also quarantine.

MrRoboto75

• Bay Watcher
  • Belongs in the Trash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #120986 on: August 23, 2022, 08:05:15 am »

Should've studied more.
I consume
I purchase
I consume again

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #120987 on: August 24, 2022, 01:12:16 am »

Quarantine is your award and punishment!

None

• Bay Watcher
  • Forgotten, but not gone
    • View Profile
« Reply #120988 on: August 24, 2022, 09:18:52 am »

I know I keep going on about it, but this really pisses me off.

I've got an especial hatred for the part of every application form where they ask you to basically fondle the company's balls and explain why you think they're so amazing to work for that you're after a job there. You know the truth is you want to be paid, they know the truth is you want to be paid, you still have to write a load of stuff about how much of a passion you have for discounted energy drinks or dried sausages from some mysterious farm located in the middle of Siberia.

EDIT: Christ, it just feels increasingly degrading the longer it goes on. It's like I'm selling part of my already-too-small pride for a job.

It really does go on too long. It's a stupid dance companies lead you on where they're the only ones hearing the music and it's your bread on the line if you don't match their footwork.

I'm currently running into the roadblock where they ask 'can you provide some managerial references?' Look, I left my last job because I knew my manager was a ticking timebomb of twatwaffle, had a two-year lull where the world shut down, I can't ask my current manager as a reference because I haven't told him I'm interviewing elsewhere (I'm not ready to jeopardize my job), and before all that, my previous managers were on the far side of the planet/ were over half a decade ago!

No, I cannot provide managerial references!

Never mind that it's going to be a month before I can pee in a cup without causing issues anyways...

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #120989 on: August 27, 2022, 09:06:54 am »

So far? Self-deprecation.

It's a trite answer, and unhelpful. But there's only something wrong with you if you think there is.

Everyone else can go to hell.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread
Pages: 1 ... 8064 8065 [8066] 8067 8068 ... 8153