Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8070 8071 [8072] 8073 8074 ... 8156

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 8567423 times)

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #121065 on: September 28, 2022, 03:29:03 am »

His eulogy echoed on my psyche for the past couple of weeks.
I'm still thinking of him, how he found metal in my yard and told me it was special.  He wasn't wrong.  I grew up on top of a bounty of 1900's glasswork.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #121066 on: September 28, 2022, 03:31:22 am »

What was the metal he found?
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #121067 on: September 28, 2022, 03:44:54 am »

Iii can't say.  sorry.
What?  Silly drunk-me.
What happened is that *I* found something in our yard made of some alloy of copper.  I think it was a coin, but it wasn't a penny.  He identified it for me.
It was so long ago that I can't remember the details, only that he helped me feel special for finding it.  In retrospect it might have been from him?  There *were* relics in our yard, mostly old glassware from a failed bottling-plant for naturally-carbonated springwater.  and lots of discarded metal appliances.  But this object was in our driveway and it was different.
« Last Edit: September 28, 2022, 09:35:28 am by Rolan7 »
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #121068 on: September 30, 2022, 08:49:39 pm »

Just learned that Antonio Inoki passed away.
What a legend that guy was and what an interesting and strange life he must have had.
https://grantland.com/features/antonio-inoki-japan-politics-pro-wrestling-ric-flair-saddam-hussein-iraq-north-korea-kim-jong-un-hostages/

May he rests in peace in Heaven and enjoy the best wrestling.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #121069 on: October 01, 2022, 12:16:15 am »

Just learned that Antonio Inoki passed away.
What a legend that guy was and what an interesting and strange life he must have had.
https://grantland.com/features/antonio-inoki-japan-politics-pro-wrestling-ric-flair-saddam-hussein-iraq-north-korea-kim-jong-un-hostages/

May he rests in peace in Heaven and enjoy the best wrestling.

I didn't know the guy by name, but I took one look at him and thought "Hey I know that guy!" cause he has a character directly based off of him in Baki:

https://baki.fandom.com/wiki/Kanji_Igari
« Last Edit: October 01, 2022, 08:08:58 am by JoshuaFH »

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #121070 on: October 01, 2022, 05:43:25 pm »

I'm just feeling kind of weird. Went in to get a blood draw yesterday, I was slightly low on blood cells and hemoglobin and had high platelets but normal iron. I don't feel very well. Probably post-COVID nonsense or a problem with my vitamin B12. The blood's not done being processed yet.

I was supposed to go to my asshole cousin's wedding today but I just couldn't. I fell asleep at around 6 last night, woke up, changed to a different location and continued to nap, got up at 10:30 for an hour and then fell asleep until 9:30 this morning with my parents gone because they left at 6:30 AM.

I feel like I'm wasting my time but I'm just so tired and lonely and I don't feel able to cope with all the conflict that people keep putting me in the middle of, and feeling confident about my own decisions. It's silly. I know that I should just do try to live my life, but I second-guess everything I say and do, especially right now.

Also, I don't know if others have experienced this, but I feel like the people around me are a hell of a lot more tetchy than normal. Things feel "back to normal" but personally, I don't want them to be "back to normal." I feel sick even though I'm well, and don't want others to get sick like this.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #121071 on: October 01, 2022, 09:11:33 pm »

I'm just feeling kind of weird. Went in to get a blood draw yesterday, I was slightly low on blood cells and hemoglobin and had high platelets but normal iron. I don't feel very well. Probably post-COVID nonsense or a problem with my vitamin B12. The blood's not done being processed yet.
FWIW to me this sounds very much like iron deficiency. When you say that "iron is normal": is that the full iron profile? (Ie: including at the very least ferritin and transferrin saturation) or just serum elemental iron?
There's two kinds of performance reviews: the one you make they don't read, the one they make whilst they sharpen their daggers
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #121072 on: October 01, 2022, 09:28:46 pm »

FWIW to me this sounds very much like iron deficiency. When you say that "iron is normal": is that the full iron profile? (Ie: including at the very least ferritin and transferrin saturation) or just serum elemental iron?

Ferritin's normal, thyroid's fine, hemoglobin low, red blood cell count low, hematocrit low, platelets high. (not very much for all of these. the platelets are at 451 for example).

But they're apparently not done running the blood yet so it could be a B12 problem (har!), and I don't think the CBC had transferrin on there. I've had problems with B12 multiple times after all. Just calmly waiting for Monday.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile
« Reply #121073 on: October 02, 2022, 10:01:51 pm »

Hopefully whatever it is turns out well. I asked my family doctor about a blood test a few weeks ago, but she refused because she says I'm too young to worry about it.

I had a breakdown about two months ago. I was prescribed anti-depressants, and I don't know if I'm getting worse or just more aware of how bad I've been.
« Last Edit: October 02, 2022, 10:15:57 pm by BlackFlyme »

Great Order

• Bay Watcher
  • [SCREAMS_INTERNALLY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #121074 on: October 03, 2022, 11:34:27 am »

Infuriated, might be the way of putting it.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/science-environment-63089348

"We only use leftover sawdust for wood pellets!" "You've cut down old growth forests" "OK, we held the license but we gave them to logging companies" "You still hold the license" "OK, but we only cut down old, dead trees" "Most of those trees were alive" "OK, but it was sent off for wood production and we only used unusable wood" "Actually it went straight to your plants. All of it." "OK, but it wasn't considered old growth forest because it was next to a road" "That's not part of the definition, and some of it was 6 miles from the nearest road." "Look, we're the good guys, leave us alone!"

Jesus Christ, I'm used to corporations lying, but I'm not used to them repeatedly lying, getting caught out, then assuming we're all stupid enough to believe the next lie. And the next one. And the next.
I may have wasted all those years
They're not worth their time in tears
I may have spent too long in darkness
In the warmth of my fears

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #121075 on: October 03, 2022, 11:56:56 am »

Classifying wood pellets as "renewable" in the first place was such a gigantic lie that it is hard to blame them for continuing to try it.
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

Great Order

• Bay Watcher
  • [SCREAMS_INTERNALLY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #121076 on: October 03, 2022, 12:04:46 pm »

Well, it is. It's just that you need huge areas of managed artificial forest to fuel a single plant. Even with fast growing trees it takes a couple decades for them to get large enough, and the plant's in constant need of fuel so you need it managed in such a way that trees are always being cut down.

I wonder if bamboo would be a better alternative, actually? Grows fast and it can be burned.
I may have wasted all those years
They're not worth their time in tears
I may have spent too long in darkness
In the warmth of my fears

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #121077 on: October 03, 2022, 05:41:05 pm »

But they're apparently not done running the blood yet so it could be a B12 problem (har!), and I don't think the CBC had transferrin on there. I've had problems with B12 multiple times after all. Just calmly waiting for Monday.

The B12's on the low side of normal and I'm mildly anemic. I have instructions to take a regular adult multivitamin for a bit.

It feels like I'm continuing to get better tho. I slept a lot this weekend and felt too weak to get up, but I feel a lot better today.

None

• Bay Watcher
  • Forgotten, but not gone
    • View Profile
« Reply #121078 on: October 03, 2022, 07:59:45 pm »

Feeling a fair bit lonely in anticipation of the coming winter. It's my last month with my roommate and then it's just me, the cold, my job, my houseplants, the THC, and my routine at my favorite bar. I get this unfaltering feeling I'm living my life in front of a computer and my soul screams for a bit. I think about how pointless it is in front of a computer or anywhere else and my soul screams for a bit there, too. I'm over here lacking meaning or purpose and a third of my life is just spent and it's not coming back and I'm just over here throwing another six-month log on that fire.

I dunno. I think what I need is a hug.

But six months does get me time to get a promotion and a few internationally-recognized certs. I have to be ready. Landing a job internationally would give me the excuse I need to jettison all my stuff no matter what my parents say.

Mostly unrelated sads- I haven't gotten out much since I threw out my back last thursday. It's finally on the mend, which is good. Also, I wasted Sunday by getting shitfaced on $3 bloodies and then hugging the toilet for a couple of hours. Don't do that.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #121079 on: October 03, 2022, 08:50:26 pm »

I had a seriously hard time breathing today, and I was worried that I might have covid, so I went to the ER. After checking me out and giving me a breathing treatment, turns out I just had bronchitis from the cold weather or something. Honestly feel kinda stupid.
Pages: 1 ... 8070 8071 [8072] 8073 8074 ... 8156