Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8071 8072 [8073] 8074 8075 ... 8155

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 8547308 times)

None

• Bay Watcher
  • Forgotten, but not gone
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #121080 on: October 03, 2022, 08:53:54 pm »

You got checked with the consideration of personal health and the health of people around you, I'd call that a win. I know I've had a few panics at the turning of the seasons where I've got the unstoppable deluge of phlegm and snot and I worry I've caught the 'rona, and then I have to remind myself that something is in bloom right now and covid doesn't make eyes itchy. Sorry to hear it had you so worried, though.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #121081 on: October 03, 2022, 09:16:45 pm »

Yeah you have to be your own advocate so it’s good you went to get it checked out.

Like yesterday I woke up from a dream in which I was sore and tired from walking home from school, but then I woke up and realized I was actually just sore and tired because I was sick. Took a Covid test which was negative, but I’ve had four nose bleeds (three minor, one a little less minor) presumably as a result of sticking the swab up my nose.

Anyway, you gotta look after yourself, nobody else will do it for you.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #121082 on: October 03, 2022, 10:09:36 pm »

I'll gladly look out for as many people as I can. I found out that I feel balls-to-the-wall depressed less often that way.

It's good to look out for yourself when you're able though, that's one more person looking out for you!
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

da_nang

• Bay Watcher
  • Argonian Overlord
    • View Profile
« Reply #121083 on: October 04, 2022, 03:01:01 am »

I hope my formal clothes still fit.

'Tis an emptier world today.

It was inevitable.
"Deliver yesterday, code today, think tomorrow."
Ceterum censeo Unionem Europaeam esse delendam.
Future supplanter of humanity.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #121084 on: October 04, 2022, 03:10:06 am »

The B12's on the low side
I don't see how that's possible, I mean I almost OD on B12 every time I log into Bay12, because everyone know that the B in B12 stands for Bay.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #121085 on: October 06, 2022, 01:40:55 pm »

Kim Jung Gi passed a few days ago, I was kinda out of it yesterday so I found out rather late last night, and it's slowly been hitting me throughout the day. For folks who aren't familiar with the art world that much, he was one of the most well known and beloved artists in the worldwide art community. A master of working with ink he could create these massive murals full of people and props and things happening seemingly out of thin air, as he didn't really do sketches or block in layouts or anything of the sort. He'd just start with a random shape and it would turn out to be a hand of a person tripping over something that would turn out to be a bucket someone else in the image left and so on. To call him talented would be an incredible disservice to the man as he was a hard worker who spent years honing his craft and he encouraged others to do so as well if they wanted to approach his level of skill. I've never had the chance to meet the man (he'd been to some events a few years after I'd stopped attending them) but everyone who had the fortune of doing so had nothing but positive to say about the man.

He was only 47 years old, left a family behind too. And pretty much the entire art community is in mourning, folks recounting their encounters with him, how he changed their lives, how he inspired them, doing art tributes of him, of his work, it's incredibly heartwarming and at the same time so goddamn sad to see.
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

McTraveller

• Bay Watcher
  • This text isn't very personal.
    • View Profile
« Reply #121086 on: October 07, 2022, 01:01:47 pm »

World-scope: a sad shift to nationalism instead of globalism.  So much hate and fear of "the other."

Personal-scope: a family member didn't show up to work yesterday, and nobody's heard from them since they had left for said work.

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #121087 on: October 07, 2022, 02:20:16 pm »

My pay got cut by 4 bux an hour because of a merger (my position was legitimately redundant, got moved to a different one that pays less). Might be proper screwed.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #121088 on: October 07, 2022, 02:27:51 pm »

If you work in a right to work state, methinks you get a new job and ghost your current employers. Utter bullshit they expect you to be cool with that.

That could be the point of what they’re doing though.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

McTraveller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #121089 on: October 07, 2022, 02:40:22 pm »

That's some questionable advice - you don't want to burn bridges like that.  Make it clear why you're departing if you choose that route.

Yeah it sucks when people are terrible to you, but paying evil for evil isn't worth it, even if it feels good in the moment.

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #121090 on: October 07, 2022, 08:00:27 pm »

I appreciate any input. To be honest its not really anyone's fault. I'm plugged into the higher mechanics of things here enough to know that there was basically 4 people doing 2 people's work, and I didn't have seniority. Not really anywhere else it could have gone, logically. There's not really another comparable sideways position, either.

It sucks ass for me either way though. Gonna try to pull in our drawstrings and do some extreme budgeting, and might look for another job. My hope is we can figure out how to scrape by and keep our home. It's important to remember people do have it alot worse than me. I'm still warm and fed in a townhouse that I own myself (for now). We'll get by somehow.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #121091 on: October 08, 2022, 04:15:50 am »

"My position was downsized in a merger and I elected to go elsewhere" is a perfectly comfortable answer to the noxious "why did you leave your previous position" interview question. It happens, nobody's going to question it. Responding nastily, however justified you may be, is likely to have negative effects for a long time.
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

McTraveller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #121092 on: October 08, 2022, 02:57:52 pm »

Update: family member was found, next state over. I don't have many details, but it appears to be related to a rapidly deteriorating health condition, perhaps bad medication or cancer related.

So they are at least back home now, but it's a stressful time.
« Last Edit: October 08, 2022, 03:08:50 pm by McTraveller »

Magmacube_tr

• Bay Watcher
  • Praise KeK! For He is The Key and The Gate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #121093 on: October 10, 2022, 06:33:53 am »

It is my birthday today...

Wow. Time flies by fast, doesn't it?
I must submerge myself in MAGMAAAAAAAAA! daily for 17 cents, which I detest. With a new profile picture!

My gaem. JOIN NAOW!!!

My sigtext. Read if you dare!

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #121094 on: October 10, 2022, 06:43:39 am »

Happy birthday magmaqb

The universe marches ever onwards to glory
Pages: 1 ... 8071 8072 [8073] 8074 8075 ... 8155