Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8080 8081 [8082] 8083 8084 ... 8153

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 8472156 times)

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #121215 on: November 21, 2022, 07:24:18 am »

Hope you're doing well Frumple, it may have been difficult but it's good you were there to see him off

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #121216 on: November 21, 2022, 06:19:47 pm »

My condolences, never easy to lose a family member.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

Great Order

• Bay Watcher
  • [SCREAMS_INTERNALLY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #121217 on: November 28, 2022, 04:20:54 am »

It looks likely the cat's being put to sleep. She was wide eyed, rocking back and forth, her movements were very uncontrolled and spastic and yowling her head off. She also went to the toilet outside the litterbox presumably because she couldn't make it in.

I really hope it happened not long ago. I'd hate it if she's spent hours like this before we woke up to take her to the vet.
I may have wasted all those years
They're not worth their time in tears
I may have spent too long in darkness
In the warmth of my fears

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #121218 on: November 28, 2022, 11:28:06 am »

I'm sorry you have to do that, you obviously care about her very much.  I cried over my cat and made her a little pile of rocks in the woods which is still there years later.  I think it helped.  When she visits my dreams she's healthy.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Great Order

• Bay Watcher
  • [SCREAMS_INTERNALLY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #121219 on: November 30, 2022, 06:56:40 pm »

I was rather pessimistic, but she's recovering. The vet suspects a stroke or brain tumour, I'd imagine a stroke since she's steadily getting her balance back and I can't imagine a tumour would be so devastating literally overnight. We took her to the vet, they said to look after her for 48 hours so she went back today, and since she's recovering we're keeping her around for now.

If it happens again, we'll probably ask to have her put to sleep. She was scared out of her wits by the episode, and it'd be unfair on her to keep her going through them until she dies.

But for now, she's slowly getting better. She's been well enough to purr for the first time in two days, and when I get close to her she'll meow for attention.
I may have wasted all those years
They're not worth their time in tears
I may have spent too long in darkness
In the warmth of my fears

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #121220 on: December 01, 2022, 11:06:46 pm »

It's been like 15 years or something since the last time i had simultaneous diarrhea and vomiting

it is apparently still an incredibly unpleasant experience
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

lemon10

• Bay Watcher
  • Citrus Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #121221 on: December 02, 2022, 12:07:12 am »

Bought a game on steam that I had some good times at a con playing (towerfall) and that I was super excited to play.

Nooope. Turns out that there is no actual online play, so the 4 player multiplayer game I was excited to play turned into a game that I likely won't ever be able to play.

Probably going to return it. :/
And with a mighty leap, the evil Conservative flies through the window, escaping our heroes once again!
Because the solution to not being able to control your dakka is MOAR DAKKA.

That's it. We've finally crossed over and become the nation of Da Orky Boyz.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Perhaps I'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #121222 on: December 02, 2022, 12:17:53 am »

Returning it is fine but steam's "remote play together" thing actually works fairly well in my experience. Was using it to play Necrodancer which requires precise timing and it wasn't perfect but it works.
Down at the bottom of the ocean. Beneath tons of brine which would crush you down. Not into broken and splintered flesh, but into thin soup. Into just more of the sea water. Where things live that aren't so different from you, but you will never live to touch them and they will never live to touch you.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #121223 on: December 02, 2022, 04:55:35 am »

It's been like 15 years or something since the last time i had simultaneous diarrhea and vomiting

it is apparently still an incredibly unpleasant experience
I once got afflicted by two months of it, my BMI dropped to severely underweight. Never lost and regained whole stones of weight so quickly in my life. Not a good way to go

Imic

• Bay Watcher
  • Still sad
    • View Profile
« Reply #121224 on: December 04, 2022, 08:39:21 pm »

My tinnitus is definitely getting worse. I spent so long at work with headphones on hoovering away, setting the sound just loud enough to hear... but that was months ago. Has it always been this bad- rver since I stopped working? I'm not sure. But fuck. I've had this my entire life, but I never really considered it getting worse. Sometimes now, it's just deafening. I don't know what to do. See a doctor, I guess. But is there even treatment for Tinnitus? Again, I don't know. I don't think so. I'm afraid for my hearing. I hope medicine gets there in my lifetime, necause otherwise, I really am fucked.

... Hey though, at least I probably won't qualify for military service, though Ireland doesn't allow involuntary conscription so that literally means nothing lol.
Imic's no longer allowed to vote.
Quote from: smyttysmyth
Well aren't you cheery
Quote cabinet
Regrets every choice he made and makes, including writing this here.

femmelf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #121225 on: December 04, 2022, 11:55:45 pm »

I managed to get off a "team" at one of my jobs. The Team Manager is very powerful and a total jerk. I got away....
Now he wants me back and is framing it as a freaking honor.... The other person who was on his team got sick so now he .. .requested me.... to the management....? Who asked him to do that? Did he bother asking me what I thought?

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Please save me o general supervisor of the float where we do stuff for multiple teams/whoever needs us.
I don't cause problems. I do the things I'm supposed to do. I got away.... Don't freaking let me go back there. I got away....
I do not need that gaslighting jerk telling me everything I do is simple and I should do it faster. I'm plenty fast enough for everybody else. Damn it.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #121226 on: December 05, 2022, 01:12:54 am »

Then that’s what you say to his bosses: you left his team because his management style makes you less productive.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Robot Parade Leader

• Bay Watcher
  • Well, go on ... parade!
    • View Profile
« Reply #121227 on: December 05, 2022, 03:37:22 pm »

I mean, ideally, but like, I heard, "very powerful," and "total jerk," in there. What if this guy just straight up retaliates? Or what if he's sneaky about it but still retaliates so he's not accountable?

I get it, like that's the way it should be but.... I mean I've worked places where if you don't play whatever B.S. game they demand of you, then they mess up your life.
I would hope there's some way femmelf could guard against that, but I don't know what it is.
There's not a whole lot I can say except I hope it all works out for you.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #121228 on: December 05, 2022, 04:06:44 pm »

But is there even treatment for Tinnitus? Again, I don't know. I don't think so.
It depends on the cause; it's a nonspecific symptom that can be caused by multiple things. Some cases it can be outright cured by dealing with the underlying cause, some cases it can't. Even in cases where there's no full cure, there are methods available to reduce the severity of it. If you're able to and it's starting to cause problems or concerns, deffo talk to a doc (or two).
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #121229 on: December 05, 2022, 07:03:02 pm »

I don't think tinnitus has a cure.
Thankfully mine's minor enough that the omnipresent noises of various small cities, or even wind and crickets outdoors, are sufficient.

When there's a power outage, though?  I pray for wind because the silence is almost literally deafening.  Winter outages are... rough.  I especially hate how silent the snow is, since I love the sound of any other precipitation.

Sleeping over with rural family can be similar in a twisted way.  I don't know how they stand it.  Like sure they probably don't have the keening whine, but isn't it weird to hear *nothing*??

It's a little bizarre because I have pretty great hearing.  I find it comforting to hear things.  Muffled voices, distant cars, wind/rain, whatever.  Mentally following people's footsteps (where I have better spacial sense than with my eyes, weirdly).  Staying aware of my zone and being aware that nothing is approaching me.

I wear headphones, sure, but with one ear uncovered unless I have visual on all approaches (or a locked door).  I don't like being startled.  I really don't.
Beyond the annoying whine, silence feels like I'm deafened and might get startled.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.
Pages: 1 ... 8080 8081 [8082] 8083 8084 ... 8153