Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8103 8104 [8105] 8106 8107 ... 8156

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 8793166 times)

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • I wear many masks, none of them have names.
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #121560 on: February 26, 2023, 07:19:57 pm »

So common it is nothing to be embarassed about. I seem to have still dodged it. I credit that to drinking beer from bottles instead of a glass whenever I go out to the pub. Cold washing like how they do in pubs does not kill herpes. You can get it from drinking from a 'clean' glass in the pub.
Just think how healthy you would be now if you didn't go to the pub at all! :D

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #121561 on: February 26, 2023, 08:41:34 pm »

I would probably be much unheatlhier for the lack of chill and de-stress the pub offers.
Not to mention the antisceptic properties of alchohol.
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

Great Order

• Bay Watcher
  • [SCREAMS_INTERNALLY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #121562 on: February 28, 2023, 09:51:04 am »

Spent over two months faffing about trying to get my transcript from my old uni, finally get it, only to discover that the email address that I was supposed to send it to has gone walkabout. Got every other bit of paper from that university, but the one with the email address? Missing.
I may have wasted all those years
They're not worth their time in tears
I may have spent too long in darkness
In the warmth of my fears

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #121563 on: March 02, 2023, 10:54:58 am »

That's academia admin for you. Nothing quite like being informed your uni email has been deleted only to be told you can't create a new uni email under the same name because one already exists-_-

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #121564 on: March 02, 2023, 06:16:08 pm »

Having a mechanical issue with my car. I hate having to rely on people to help fix it, but I still have to call on my dad and brother (who are not healthy in their own right,) since my back is so screwed up. I just need to change a brake caliper, but I can't do the bending and getting on the ground that it requires, since we're poor folk who don't have a mechanical lift.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Great Order

• Bay Watcher
  • [SCREAMS_INTERNALLY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #121565 on: March 03, 2023, 10:08:06 pm »

elan.school

A lovely long story about someone being horrendously abused by a notorious "school" and their descent into being an abuser, trying to piece their life back together, trauma, corruption, and all sorts of other horrendous shit.

Elan "School" did shut down in 2011... Because of financial difficulties rather than because it was a piece of shit cult-esque mess that bribed local police and politicians. Meanwhile, the founder got praised by the local politicians after his death.

So, you know, justice as America understands it: You can literally get away with murder so long as you have money.

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
  • Soothly we live in mighty years!
    • View Profile
« Reply #121566 on: March 03, 2023, 10:29:32 pm »

Oh man Elan School

I stumbled on that story some months ago, and it's firmly one of my favorite things on the internet now. Very raw, very real, with a certain poetry where appropriate.

Rough stuff, but I'm glad people are learning about it.
Falling angel met the rising ape, and the sound it made was

klonk
tormenting the player is important
Sigtext

bloop_bleep

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #121567 on: March 05, 2023, 01:49:54 am »

Elan School looks like a microcosm of fascism in a way.
Quote from: KittyTac
The closest thing Bay12 has to a flamewar is an argument over philosophy that slowly transitioned to an argument about quantum mechanics.
Quote from: thefriendlyhacker
The trick is to only make predictions semi-seriously.  That way, I don't have a 98% failure rate. I have a 98% sarcasm rate.

delphonso

• Bay Watcher
  • menaces with spikes of pine
    • View Profile
« Reply #121568 on: March 05, 2023, 07:44:25 pm »

The podcast Behind The Bastards did a few episodes on it. The journalism is pretty solid on that podcast, so if you want a deepdive on it, that's a reasonable place to go. Or check the shownotes for the references if you prefer to read.

Basically any of these 'schools' make me actively sick, so I can't really bare to listen to the details.

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #121569 on: March 05, 2023, 09:23:54 pm »

Found out a former coworker from my last job had a baby recently. By itself, that's nothing to be upset about, but she (and several other coworkers from that job) were a big part of my life when I worked there, and this really hammered home how long ago that was.
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

Great Order

• Bay Watcher
  • [SCREAMS_INTERNALLY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #121570 on: March 06, 2023, 08:17:47 am »

Blugh, putting on weight.

I'm gonna start doing a single starvation day a week. Hopefully it'll counteract it while not affecting any second-puberty related development.

Kamamura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #121571 on: March 06, 2023, 03:16:49 pm »

Things that make me sad
are things that make me dead.
Cigars, sugar, rum and lard,
temptations make life so hard.
Luckily, one day it ends
(ghosts and spirits understand).
The entire content consists of senseless murder, a pile of faceless naked women and zero regard for human life in general, all in the service of the protagonist's base impulses. It is clearly a cry for help from a neglected, self absorbed and disempowered juvenile badly in need of affectionate guidance. What a sad, sad display.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #121572 on: March 07, 2023, 07:48:12 pm »

-
« Last Edit: March 08, 2023, 07:10:08 am by JoshuaFH »

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #121573 on: March 08, 2023, 06:37:10 am »

I'm gonna start doing a single starvation day a week. Hopefully it'll counteract it while not affecting any second-puberty related development.

Remember to stay hydrated, keep your sodium levels up ( peeing a lot over the course of the day tends to reduce it ) and get your vitamins in
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #121574 on: March 09, 2023, 12:41:08 pm »

Blugh, putting on weight.

If you're on spiro, this is a very normal consequence ... might want to talk to your endo and see what they say. And talk to other trans women.

Given that you do jitsu I feel it's unlikely that the problem is a lack of exercise, and you do in fact need food to do Second Puberty. Throttling your metabolism is not a great idea.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".
Pages: 1 ... 8103 8104 [8105] 8106 8107 ... 8156