Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8104 8105 [8106] 8107 8108 ... 8156

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 8647961 times)

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #121575 on: March 09, 2023, 12:48:11 pm »

Second Puberty requires Second Breakfast.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

McTraveller

• Bay Watcher
  • This text isn't very personal.
    • View Profile
« Reply #121576 on: March 09, 2023, 12:57:59 pm »

Ugh I'm getting old.

One of my uncles just passed away.  :-\

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile
« Reply #121577 on: March 09, 2023, 05:40:37 pm »

I'm sorry for your loss.

The landlady's cat is in pretty bad shape in its old age, but she's too embarrassed to take it to the vet. She's just going to let it rot away to nothing. Same as her last few pets.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2023, 08:11:34 am by BlackFlyme »

Great Order

• Bay Watcher
  • [SCREAMS_INTERNALLY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #121578 on: March 09, 2023, 07:42:16 pm »

-snip-
Not on spiro. In fact, not starting an antiandrogen of any kind until my second set of blood tests are back because the endo wants to see if I can tolerate monotherapy. Failing that, it's GnRH injections into my arse.

And while I do Jitsu, that's four hours a week. Minimal exercise outside of that (Thanks, broken "exercise makes you feel good" system!) so I'm not exactly a fit person.
I may have wasted all those years
They're not worth their time in tears
I may have spent too long in darkness
In the warmth of my fears

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #121579 on: March 11, 2023, 01:34:48 pm »

Dreamed a family member finally acknowledged my gender- except it was a trick to steal my HRT and attempt to financially ruin me so I'd be dependent again.  He kept acting "nice" in the most sarcastic way, and obviously felt like the victim here.

Annoyingly, this is a reminder that I need to go hang out with him again soon (or I'll feel bad).  In reality we're doing fine, he's actually quite nice.  He's basically dropped the gender thing which is better than when he kept "just asking questions" straight off Momsnet.

Anyway that dream hurt.  Almost as much as my toe.  Apparently my recent return to athleticism reopened an old nail-related issue there.  So I had to deal with *that* for a bit.

It was fucking disgusting and put me in the perfect state of mind to go join a Pokemon GO live event at the university gardens.  I did a shitty job shaving and skipped makeup altogether, and then the parking lots were both full so I was late anyway.  Literally nobody but me was wearing a mask despite the trails being thick with people.  I needed mine just for the dang allergens and the 40F air.  But like a bitch I took it off when I got to the Pokemon group, and hung around awkwardly nearby.  Eventually I gleaned that they'd already finished raiding (just 3 raids??) and were idly chatting.  I felt like a fucking dork.  I must have looked like one too because one nice guy with his kids approached me and asked if I needed a friend request for the event challenge, so we did that.  I appreciate his charity.  I got the hell out of there and sat in my car for a bit trying to clear my lungs and ignore the pain in my foot.

I really wanted to get some comfort food on the way home, but I made a bunch of healthy shit yesterday so I had leftovers instead.

On that note, yesterday I made a thin-crust pizza and it was *delicious* and healthy.  My housemate even liked it enough for seconds, that was felt good!  But, everyone I enthused to HAD to ask whether the sauce was "store bought".  And then helpfully explain how easy it is to make yourself by grinding up cherry tomatoes, and oh of course you wouldn't use garlic powder, that's a hilarious joke you just made, and you just need a cheesecloth and blah blah blah.

so yeah today I had rice with leftover pizza ingredients, including the dang store-bought pizza sauce.  it's actually pretty umami and good, I feel a bit better.

Today I was mad enough to finally get it done, so I asked Google for LabCorps hours.  12AM to 12:30PM.  (That meant "from midnight to 10 minutes after when I asked, and I was 30 minutes away").  So yay.  Maybe I'll get it done Monday.  I better get it done Monday.

also I forgot to take my progesterone again last night so I took it this morning.  It doesn't make me sleepy but it sure makes me fucking emotional, maybe, I DON'T KNOW DO I SEEM EMOTIONAL TO YOU :P  :'(
aww.  I really am crying a little.  that's nice actually.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #121580 on: March 11, 2023, 01:39:17 pm »

oh also the upstairs bathtub is leaking through the floor.  I guess I need to figure out how to service that and also repair a ceiling
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Great Order

• Bay Watcher
  • [SCREAMS_INTERNALLY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #121581 on: March 11, 2023, 07:13:52 pm »

Ha, made me think of my friend at university who wound up with holes in his bathtub.

Turns out a housemate had his girlfriend over. She was on the heavier side, and for some reason or other I can't remember, unable to get out of the tub. Genius McGee decided to get a chair and put it in the tub so she could use it to get out.

Combined weight of the chair and an obese individual sent all the legs of the chair through the tub. My friend called the other housemates and they then called the landlord. Landlord arrived, and my friend and every other housemate went out to get drunk, leaving Genius McGee alone to explain why he thought a chair was a great thing to put into a tub to the guy who was going to have to get it replaced.
I may have wasted all those years
They're not worth their time in tears
I may have spent too long in darkness
In the warmth of my fears

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #121582 on: March 12, 2023, 09:20:16 pm »

bip bap
« Last Edit: March 13, 2023, 05:34:29 am by dragdeler »
let

saki

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • twitter
« Reply #121583 on: March 13, 2023, 02:40:03 pm »

For the last few months I've constantly been switching between being severely suicidal to feeling hopeful about the future. I thought I was past feeling suicidal and hopeless but I feel like I am slowly going back to it. Sometimes I do wish I was never born to ever experience these things, then I am reminded of other things in my life. I have stray cats that I take care of everyday and if I was gone, they would not feel so loved and happy. In a way they are something that is keeping me away from killing myself. I heard about this from other people before and I could not relate to it so much, but I do now. It is quite bittersweet. :)

Spoiler: cat (click to show/hide)
sincerely,

ih oh

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
  • Soothly we live in mighty years!
    • View Profile
« Reply #121584 on: March 13, 2023, 02:43:20 pm »

Quote from: Terry Pratchett, "Sourcery"
“I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
Death thought about it.
CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

I'm more of a bird person myself, but the sentiment stands
good strength <3
Falling angel met the rising ape, and the sound it made was

klonk
tormenting the player is important
Sigtext

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #121585 on: March 13, 2023, 03:56:58 pm »

For the last few months I've constantly been switching between being severely suicidal to feeling hopeful about the future. I thought I was past feeling suicidal and hopeless but I feel like I am slowly going back to it. Sometimes I do wish I was never born to ever experience these things, then I am reminded of other things in my life. I have stray cats that I take care of everyday and if I was gone, they would not feel so loved and happy. In a way they are something that is keeping me away from killing myself. I heard about this from other people before and I could not relate to it so much, but I do now. It is quite bittersweet. :)

Spoiler: cat (click to show/hide)

All I can say is, please reach out to others for help. Especially your friends and family. I know that their desire for you to keep living doesn't diminish your pain. But it's a reminder that what you do doesn't only affect you.

I wish my friend that committed suicide had tried to reach out to me before he did it. I and others would have told him that this too shall pass and that our lives were better with him in it, and his life better with us in it.

Good luck.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #121586 on: March 17, 2023, 06:14:31 pm »

Crashed my car. And totalled it. Think the axle snapped when I tried to swerve to avoid someone. Now it's a wreck and I get to sit here til 6pm for the tow truck or the sheriff will impound it immediately.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

McTraveller

• Bay Watcher
  • This text isn't very personal.
    • View Profile
« Reply #121587 on: March 17, 2023, 06:20:30 pm »

Yikes.  It's just machinery though, I assume you are personally fine?

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #121588 on: March 17, 2023, 06:24:35 pm »

You're okay otherwise, at least, hopefully? Surviving a crash without major injury is always better than the alternative :-\

... also good luck with the tow truck. Any luck it'll be cheaper for you than the last time I had to call one.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #121589 on: March 17, 2023, 06:53:03 pm »

I'm fine. I'm just stuck on the side of the road because of it
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.
Pages: 1 ... 8104 8105 [8106] 8107 8108 ... 8156