Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8140 8141 [8142] 8143 8144 ... 8156

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 8577008 times)

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #122115 on: November 01, 2023, 02:42:01 am »

Thank you :) I do feel a lot less tired now, ready to finish this.
« Last Edit: November 01, 2023, 03:18:42 am by Rolan7 »
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

McTraveller

• Bay Watcher
  • This text isn't very personal.
    • View Profile
« Reply #122116 on: November 02, 2023, 09:25:10 am »

More evidence that people aren't even trying any more (even though the headline is quite funny because of it):

Quote from: CNN headline
House Speaker Mike Johnson holds first former news conference.

(I wonder what it is now, given it used to be a news conference...)

EDIT: they did fix the headline, so you can't see it there now.  But seriously... they really don't have any review process do they... they must really be making live, un-curated edits to their page...

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #122117 on: November 03, 2023, 02:30:59 am »

My mom was telling me about all the typos she found on this news site awhile back, guess they ether can't afford an editor or haven't bothered to get one.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #122118 on: November 04, 2023, 01:58:18 am »

I will never gather 8 hours of sleep before a saturday, this day is just a huge steaming pile of shit on my cicadian rythm. Yeah how could I I work 5 days on an entirely different schedule. Managed to fall asleep in time for once only to miss 3 hours of sleep on the other end because obviously this must be nap, it's not sleeping time.

All so we can more idiots, who bring more shit in a more careless manner. Just so my ears will never heal because I'm being blackmailed for unemployment benefits, I've known that I'm fired since august. This is as close as I can imagine to a working definition of torture without any visible marks or shocking indicators.

And for that I hate every single one of those bastards that will show up today, may they die covered in a million paper cuts that are infected and filled with puss.
let

Imic

• Bay Watcher
  • Still sad
    • View Profile
« Reply #122119 on: November 04, 2023, 05:48:22 am »

There is someone I am currently having to take care partial care of who I am not getting along with great right now and the prospect of having to provide emotional support to someone, even someone I am close friends with, for the forseeable future due to unavoidable circumstances beyond either of our control is really not a prospect I feel great about. Neither of us are emotionally well. She is in a far worse state than I am, but that doesn't remove my own issues from the equation. I'm so exhausted.
Imic's no longer allowed to vote.
Quote from: smyttysmyth
Well aren't you cheery
Quote cabinet
Regrets every choice he made and makes, including writing this here.

McTraveller

• Bay Watcher
  • This text isn't very personal.
    • View Profile
« Reply #122120 on: November 06, 2023, 10:32:02 am »

Integral calculus and the lack of elementary expressions for many antiderivatives.  Especially in geometry and physics, resulting in inverse trig functions and their piecewise domains, or things like polylogarithms or bessel functions or the error function or elliptical integrals... which are just defined as the integral of some other expression or if you're lucky an infinite series, rather than a nice closed form...

Magmacube_tr

• Bay Watcher
  • Praise KeK! For He is The Key and The Gate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #122121 on: November 09, 2023, 05:57:00 am »

I am very bad at people stuff.

You see, I am an university student. I am currently halfway across Anatolia from my family. But since I am not going to be working until this spring, I am very much financially dependant on my family. Which isn't a bad thing, I know. We aren't even bad off. We can even be considered relatively well off, all things considered.

The thing is, I am 2 decades old. Which is twenty years. I am twenty years old. Which is bad. The point is that I feel like a parasite. I've been trying to spend as little as possible to ask for less money. Because whenever I ask for some more, I die a bit inside. So I've been lying to my parents about how much money I spend to avoid that. My parents aren't even bad people. I just feel wrong, like I am some needy manchild. Something I will give an arm and a leg to avoid being.

But about four days ago, I kinda got myself peniless. Antalya, where I am studying, is an expensive tourist city. That further excarbated by the current Turkish economy with the hyperinflated food prices and the all-encompassing after-effects of the interest crisis. That means money flies here. I begrudgingly realised that I could not go on like this, but I was too ashamed to tell my father, who I call for money. So I unwillingly told mother. She kinda disapproved my behavior, told me that I was still their son and should've been honest with how much money I needed, and that my father had trusted me to accurately tell such a truth. Then she told my father, and my father called me.

My father sounded... dissappointed. I can't put my finger on what kind of dissappointment it is? Betrayal? Surprise? Pity? Self-dissappointment? Some combination of these? I am frankly unable tell. Neurologically unable. What matters was that it was negative, and it made me feel negative as well.

What do I do?
I must submerge myself in MAGMAAAAAAAAA! daily for 17 cents, which I detest. With a new profile picture!

My gaem. JOIN NAOW!!!

My sigtext. Read if you dare!

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #122122 on: November 09, 2023, 09:41:50 am »

Yeah probably disappointed that you didn't ask for help sooner. They don't want you suffering out of misplaced pride. It is important to remember that the times have changed. In my grandparents' times my great grandfather was able to support himself and his seven sisters at the age of 16. These days a 16 year old would struggle to support themself. I would recommend you practice the skill of accepting help with grace; your parents will be much happier if you accepted their help and called them to tell you how grateful you were for their help. That way they would get the satisfaction of knowing you are well, and they are helping you get ahead in life. Even as far back as 400 years ago in the British isles, it was expected that university students should not work and should instead focus full time on their studies. I was also raised in a strong honour-culture where you never take the last piece of food, you never take from your friends or family what you don't need, and what you "need" is always the bare minimum that must be forced into your hand. I had a pretty important life lesson though, when I was hosting my uncle's best friend. I tried paying for the food for him and his entire family, and he laughed and refused. I was 18 then, and he said he was a successful lawyer whilst I was not. He ended up paying for his whole family and for me too, and said I should learn to accept the help of others with grace, as I was like a tadpole trying to help a frog. And he said if one day I was a successful lawyer, then I could foot the bill. But it was not that day :P

So accept the help. Use it so you don't have to worry about economic-induced anxiety and stress. Be grateful for the blessings you have that others may not. One day you will have the resources to be magnanimous to other future tadpoles, and generous to those who gave you their help.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #122123 on: November 09, 2023, 09:53:08 am »

Totes agree with LW. They love you and don’t want you to suffer, so accept the help while it’s there. It’s a lot better than being so anxiety-ridden you can’t focus on your studies.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

zhijinghaofromchina

• Bay Watcher
  • I am a fan of 矮人要塞
    • View Profile
« Reply #122124 on: November 09, 2023, 10:04:11 pm »

Mr magmatube_tr, l could understand you, each time my dad and I talk about my expenditure in the university, he insisted that it is not the problem that I should consider , what I should do is to study hard, get a high mark and have a high degree.

Each time I buy something a little expensive, I felt guilty, since it is not the money I earned, each time I spent some time on the video game such as DF, l’d also feel guilty because it is not the main thing I should do in the university .

Since I entered the university, I made up my mind to earn a lot of money to repay my parents. Maybe what university students should do is to focus on the study and I believed that l would earn more than my dad!
人生在世不称意 明朝散发弄扁舟

MCreeper

• Bay Watcher
  • My bus is late
    • View Profile
« Reply #122125 on: November 10, 2023, 12:41:53 pm »

Finally found proper earplugs, so car noise does not prevent me for sleeping when the window is open. Now the reek will. Ain't no more air outside, only smoke and gasoline fumes, even if it rains. Opened a window, and it smells like inside of a car. Either the window is closed and it is fucking hot inside because of heating, or it is open and it stinks instead, also because of heating, partially.  ::) Although, the worst part is that i forgot how rain is supposed to smell like.
« Last Edit: November 10, 2023, 12:49:53 pm by MCreeper »

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #122126 on: November 10, 2023, 12:47:38 pm »

Just echoing the above sentiments. My parents cared more about my safety and well-being than me being self-sufficient. There is family money I could draw on at any time but I've always avoided asking for it. Even though my brother and cousin have both used family money to pay off loans, school, buy houses.....

When I finally talked to my dad about he said "Look. You've almost never asked for anything. I long ago stopped doubting your ability to take care of yourself and be responsible. Compared to everyone else, you've asked for the least amount by orders of magnitude. Don't worry about it. If you need something, talk to me."

And my mom has always been there for me financially, even when maybe she shouldn't have been.

Parents (not all, but most) love their children. They can't take their wealth with them. Making sure their children are safe, fed and enjoying life (within reason) is what the latter half of their lives is about.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Great Order

• Bay Watcher
  • [SCREAMS_INTERNALLY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #122127 on: November 12, 2023, 12:41:50 pm »

You know what ain't fun? Haemorrhoids. You know what *really* ain't fun? Having what would be under normal circumstances an unpleasant crap while you have haemorrhoids.

I'm pretty sure I saw God while I was on the toilet there, and he had judged me and found me wanting.
I may have wasted all those years
They're not worth their time in tears
I may have spent too long in darkness
In the warmth of my fears

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #122128 on: November 12, 2023, 01:02:47 pm »

Try dealing with permanent ones for nearly 3 years. I need to have surgery to remove them.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Great Order

• Bay Watcher
  • [SCREAMS_INTERNALLY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #122129 on: November 12, 2023, 02:06:12 pm »

Oh, I've been sat on these for two months and they've just slowly gotten worse. I'm hoping like hell that they'll settle down now that I'm on some new treatment for them. Don't want them ligating.
I may have wasted all those years
They're not worth their time in tears
I may have spent too long in darkness
In the warmth of my fears
Pages: 1 ... 8140 8141 [8142] 8143 8144 ... 8156