Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Outdoor farming from the embark  (Read 848 times)

Adzyman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Outdoor farming from the embark
« on: October 12, 2009, 01:00:25 pm »

Is there a mod that will alow me to bring outside-farmable seeds from the embark screen?

That is all.  ;D

Jude

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Outdoor farming from the embark
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2009, 02:07:42 pm »

Not that I know of, but it shouldn't be too hard to mod yourself. Look in the raws for any tags that are unique to the plants dwarves can bring on embark, and see if you can figure out which one is relevant, then add it to the aboveground plants.

Of course, it could have unintended consequences such as making those plants grow underground, too, or Armok knows what else. You pretty much have to do it for science, now.
Quote from: Raphite1
I once started with a dwarf that was "belarded by great hanging sacks of fat."

Oh Jesus

Footkerchief

• Bay Watcher
  • The Juffo-Wup is strong in this place.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2009, 02:22:21 pm »

^^^ Yes, that'll have unintended consequences.  I'd try just putting [OUTDOOR_FARMING] in the dwarves' entry in entity_default (ENTITY:MOUNTAIN).  As long as it doesn't override [INDOOR_FARMING], which they already have, you should be able to do both.

Note that adding/removing tags from an entity entry, unlike most entries, does require you to generate a new world for it to take effect.

Mohreb el Yasim

• Bay Watcher
  • ♫♪♫♫♪♫♪♪♫♪
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2009, 03:03:42 pm »

Note that adding/removing tags from an entity entry, unlike most entries, does require you to generate a new world for it to take effect.
I must say that not always, i don't know for farming (test it to see) but some don't need to regenerate (skills for exemple)
Mohreb el Yasim

GENERATION 24:The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experime

Footkerchief

• Bay Watcher
  • The Juffo-Wup is strong in this place.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2009, 03:20:01 pm »

I must say that not always, i don't know for farming (test it to see) but some don't need to regenerate (skills for exemple)

Do you mean the PERMITTED_JOB stuff?

Mohreb el Yasim

• Bay Watcher
  • ♫♪♫♫♪♫♪♪♫♪
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 12, 2009, 04:17:39 pm »

Do you mean the PERMITTED_JOB stuff?
yes
Mohreb el Yasim

GENERATION 24:The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experime