Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: New To Modding, Any Pointers to What to do?  (Read 4312 times)

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
  • I think this is what they call a tantrum spiral...
    • View Profile
New To Modding, Any Pointers to What to do?
« on: April 03, 2012, 06:20:42 pm »

I'm told I can edit the save raws to the dragon on my current fortress to have the [IMMOBLE] tag or something like that, but I have no idea how to do that, being this is my first mod, and I REALLY REALLY want this dragon... Any pointers for a noobcake with a dream of dragons?
just shot him with a balistic arrow, i think he will get stuned from that >.>

"Guardian" and Sigfriend Of Necrothreat
Jee wilikers, I think Highmax is near invulnerable, must have been dunked in the river styx like achilles was.
Just make sure he wears a boot.

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
  • BOOM! Avatar gone! (for now)
    • View Profile
Re: New To Modding, Any Pointers to What to do?
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2012, 07:23:45 am »

First of all, it's a good idea to know when the modding would require a new world gen or not.

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=29157.0

Also, know that the wiki is your friend.

As for the creature raws, I think you ought to change them inside your save file, which is located somewhere in the Data directory of DF.

However which raws for dragons.. I am not sure..

khearn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2012, 10:23:06 am »

You might want to start on the wiki modding guide page.
Have them killed. Nothing solves a problem quite as effectively as simply having it killed.

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2012, 01:32:49 pm »

If all you want to do is make a dragon in your current fortress [IMMOBILE] then this is what you need to do.
1) Open up the data/save/regionX/raw/objects folder and find the creature_standard.txt file
2) Find "[CREATURE:DRAGON]" and put "[IMMOBILE]" right after it. (minus all of the " of course)
3) Reopen DF and your dragon should be unable to move, when you want to re-enable dragon movement then simply go back into the same file and remove the [IMMOBILE] tag.
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.