Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

No poll?

That's right
That is right

Pages: 1 ... 207 208 [209] 210 211 ... 379

Author Topic: Stonesense - Old Official thread - Now locked  (Read 1692327 times)

Djohaal

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:Utter Insanitiy]
    • View Profile
    • My deviantart
Re: Stonesense - Official thread - New Version Out Now!
« Reply #3120 on: May 07, 2010, 10:57:21 pm »

I wonder if a "simplified" (16-color like DF) colorset for stones could be made available. I'm making a fort out of dark stones (granite, gabbro, etc), and it looks multicolored in stonesense. The xml is easily editable but I'd imagine you folks probably have some batch tools there to do this faster than me...

If not just give me a whack on my head and I'll it myself.   8)
I really want that one as a "when". I want "grubs", and "virgin woman" to turn into a dragon. and monkey children to suddenly sprout wings. And I want the Dwarven Mutant Academy to only gain their powers upon reaching puberty. I also have a whole host of odd creatures that only make sense if I divide them into children and adults.

Also, tadpoles.

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #3121 on: May 08, 2010, 12:04:21 am »

First off, Stonesense is working great so far!

Is there a way to make a map-screenshot? I kind of want to know, how my map looks in 3D :)

the key for the is CTRL+F5, but it takes a veeeeeeery long time to do it, since the sizes involved are generally too large for graphics cards, and we have to switch to the far slower software rendering.

I wonder if a "simplified" (16-color like DF) colorset for stones could be made available. I'm making a fort out of dark stones (granite, gabbro, etc), and it looks multicolored in stonesense. The xml is easily editable but I'd imagine you folks probably have some batch tools there to do this faster than me...

I spent hours going through a list of the materials used, doing imagesearches on them, copying the images to photoshop, and typing in the colors manually, so no, I don't have a batch tool to do it.

on the other hand, you can look at the gems.xml to see a simple way of using few colors, since tehre was no way in hell I was going to do the above-mentioned process for 100+ types of gems that are only seen in stonesense in raw ore form, and in windows.

Djohaal

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:Utter Insanitiy]
    • View Profile
    • My deviantart
« Reply #3122 on: May 08, 2010, 11:17:03 am »

Is there a way to make a map-screenshot? I kind of want to know, how my map looks in 3D :)

the key for the is CTRL+F5, but it takes a veeeeeeery long time to do it, since the sizes involved are generally too large for graphics cards, and we have to switch to the far slower software rendering.

I spent hours going through a list of the materials used, doing imagesearches on them, copying the images to photoshop, and typing in the colors manually, so no, I don't have a batch tool to do it.

on the other hand, you can look at the gems.xml to see a simple way of using few colors, since tehre was no way in hell I was going to do the above-mentioned process for 100+ types of gems that are only seen in stonesense in raw ore form, and in windows.

Oh what a pity for the gems not being visible as objects. They would look very nice... :(
I really want that one as a "when". I want "grubs", and "virgin woman" to turn into a dragon. and monkey children to suddenly sprout wings. And I want the Dwarven Mutant Academy to only gain their powers upon reaching puberty. I also have a whole host of odd creatures that only make sense if I divide them into children and adults.

Also, tadpoles.

buckets

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3123 on: May 08, 2010, 07:19:25 pm »

Oh what a pity for the gems not being visible as objects. They would look very nice... :(

They're not even visible as materials for objects, I have and invisible artifact hatch cover that I would love to see.

Petr Ga

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3124 on: May 09, 2010, 12:48:42 pm »

yeah. it took forever (like 20 hours) but it is done
plus here - warning, quite big picture
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
2: Give RMs a gas syndrome that causes RMs only to breed profusely.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #3125 on: May 09, 2010, 12:52:18 pm »

That took 20 hours?!

Petr Ga

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3126 on: May 09, 2010, 12:59:22 pm »

That took 20 hours?!
maybe 10. i switched laptop to sleep twice inbetween so it was on and off, I am not sure about time

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #3127 on: May 09, 2010, 01:05:04 pm »

Oh... sleep suspends it. And laptop...

Its not even that big of a map. even 10 hours is a bit excessive.

Retro

• Bay Watcher
  • o7
    • View Profile
« Reply #3128 on: May 09, 2010, 01:11:45 pm »

Question: Is Slate going to become compatible for 40d at any point? I'd love to be able to see my old forts with the new features.

Petr Ga

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3129 on: May 09, 2010, 01:12:32 pm »

ok i take another screenshot to measure that. now without that black tiles. Start: 20:10

Petr Ga

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3130 on: May 09, 2010, 01:25:43 pm »

Question: Is Slate going to become compatible for 40d at any point? I'd love to be able to see my old forts with the new features.
i'd be surprised. that "d" can be read as "dead", as well
« Last Edit: May 09, 2010, 01:27:36 pm by Petr Ga »

Petr Ga

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3131 on: May 09, 2010, 01:28:45 pm »

dont forget this is pure software renderer. nothing hardware accelerated due to image size

Trigonous

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3132 on: May 09, 2010, 01:47:45 pm »

I'm just wondering how I can tell if content in the repository is compatible with the new release, or if it should be by default.
So of all the things you can do in DF, it's the fractal artifacts that make you think dwarves are crazy.

Never mind the magma falls, the atom smashers, the cog-and-axle turing-complete computers, or the colonizing of Hell itself... all those are fine, but man, those recursive artifacts! Where do they get such ideas?

Petr Ga

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3133 on: May 09, 2010, 01:51:33 pm »

I'm just wondering how I can tell if content in the repository is compatible with the new release, or if it should be by default.

it is slightly never right now

just compare revision date with date of edit of first post in this thread

edit: there is branch release_Slate_rc1. so trunk is definitely newer
« Last Edit: May 09, 2010, 02:11:55 pm by Petr Ga »

Lonewolf I

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3134 on: May 09, 2010, 02:19:21 pm »

I can't figure out how to get Stonesense to decompress.  I have no experience with .rar files and my attempts to download and use Unrar are failing.  Can I get a .zip of Stonesense or a pointer to a decent .rar tutorial?
Pages: 1 ... 207 208 [209] 210 211 ... 379