Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

No poll?

That's right
That is right

Pages: 1 ... 216 217 [218] 219 220 ... 379

Author Topic: Stonesense - Old Official thread - Now locked  (Read 1692028 times)

MaDeR Levap

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Stonesense - Official thread - New version out, june 7th
« Reply #3255 on: June 07, 2010, 04:33:21 pm »

I see this project is still alive and kicking hard. :) Shame that Toady does not want to do user interface API...

Moontayle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3256 on: June 07, 2010, 07:35:39 pm »

Oh my god! my fortress is under attack by small doglike technicolor abominations!

Oh...those are my dogs.

That's actually pretty cool, I was actually considering suggesting the implementation of something like that into stonesense back when 2010 first came out, but figured it would be completely impossible from a coding and information retrieving standpoint.

Happy to see I was wrong.  :D Any chance of equipment layering with proper equipment colors soon?  (or how to do it if it's possible currently) Like being able to tell A swordsdwarf with an adamantine sword and a breastplate from a swordsdwarf with a copper sword and an artifact leather boot?

I used an unofficial build to take screenshots of my 31.04 fort for the DFM3 contest. Some of the animals look like they had a bad run-in with a berzerk hairstylist.
Tolkien had a great secret: The dwarves of Moria didn't dig too deep. A prominent dwarf with lots of friends started tantruming and, well, you figure out what happened next.

FallingWhale

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3257 on: June 07, 2010, 09:42:28 pm »

I hate to say it; I have no idea how to run this, where to put it, or what to run it as
I want to use it with Slate
Quote from: Spambot
Becoming a software engineering is not a piece of cake that you can slice it off a plate and gorge on it.

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3258 on: June 07, 2010, 10:37:52 pm »

All you do is run the program when you have DF running with a save loaded.  I don't think the location of the stonesense folder itself matters much.  But I keep the stonesense folder in the DF root for organizations sake, and it seems to work there.

I do appear to have discovered some odd behavior though.  Different sprites for different castes no longer seems to function, or at least the method to identify them in the init has changed.  No matter what individual in my fortress I mouseover, if always identifies them as caste 1 or 2, and seems to completely ignore all others.  I copied my sprites and init directly over from the last version, which worked fine, so I don't think there are any problems there.  And using the key to look through all the spritesheets, stonesense seems to locate them all just fine.

Here's a screencap if it helps understand what I'm talking about.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Naturally if the feature was just decided to be more trouble than it's worth and was removed, I understand.  Just seems unintentional since there was no mention of it being removed.  And figured I would throw out a heads up.   Since I seem to be the only one who actually uses that function currently, I was thinking if it is a mistake it could go unnoticed for quite some time if I don't mention it. :)
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

FallingWhale

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3259 on: June 07, 2010, 11:01:26 pm »

So what do I run it as, in, whatever. It's just an unmarked .rar
Becoming a software engineering is not a piece of cake that you can slice it off a plate and gorge on it.

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3260 on: June 07, 2010, 11:08:21 pm »

Oh for that I think you would need a program like winrar.  A .rar is like a .zip.  But it's... uh... different I guess.  I think a rar is more efficient or something.

I use an ancient copy of WinRAR that is free (just asks me nicely to buy it every time I open it up but doesn't seem to have any reduced functionality.  Actually paying for it is on my list of things to do once I'm not living paycheck to paycheck.)  I don't know if you can still get Winrar free or if there are any better or fully legitimate free .rar opening programs out there.  I think somebody else will need to help with that.  At any rate, .rar seems as common if not more common than .zip.  So I imagine yer going to need to have a program to open .rar files eventually anyway.
« Last Edit: June 07, 2010, 11:10:01 pm by Greiger »
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.

Ipsnicerous

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #3261 on: June 07, 2010, 11:17:01 pm »

Sorry if this is misplaced, but is there any kind of troubleshooting/error thread other than this?

I am experiencing difficulties getting Stonesense to work. The first time I ran it worked like a charm, no issues. Now, the second time I run it, it immediately loads the last view of the fortress that I had open and no longer reads from DF, it seems (meaning it won't update or follow the camera). I have two regions on this DF install and changed the DF display window size between last time running it and this time. Could either of these have something to do with it?

peterix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Dethware
« Reply #3262 on: June 07, 2010, 11:35:11 pm »

I do appear to have discovered some odd behavior though.  Different sprites for different castes no longer seems to function, or at least the method to identify them in the init has changed.  No matter what individual in my fortress I mouseover, if always identifies them as caste 1 or 2, and seems to completely ignore all others.  I copied my sprites and init directly over from the last version, which worked fine, so I don't think there are any problems there.  And using the key to look through all the spritesheets, stonesense seems to locate them all just fine.
Hmm. There are actually two offsets, right next to each other. Caste and sex. Most of the time, they are the same. I guess something must have changed in the creature offsets again...

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3263 on: June 07, 2010, 11:55:04 pm »

Heh, sorry peterix, I suddenly got this odd feeling that I just dropped a large stack of papers into the inbox on your desk.

jonask84

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Stonesene at Google Code
« Reply #3264 on: June 08, 2010, 11:16:17 am »

Sorry if this is misplaced, but is there any kind of troubleshooting/error thread other than this?

I am experiencing difficulties getting Stonesense to work. The first time I ran it worked like a charm, no issues. Now, the second time I run it, it immediately loads the last view of the fortress that I had open and no longer reads from DF, it seems (meaning it won't update or follow the camera). I have two regions on this DF install and changed the DF display window size between last time running it and this time. Could either of these have something to do with it?

That is really, really weird. It just runs as normal but shows a different version of DF than the one you're running?
It's obvious, but have you checked you only have one DF instance running?
Also, what happens if you reboot?

So what do I run it as, in, whatever. It's just an unmarked .rar
You just unrar it (using for instance 7zip which is free and open source) and run Stonesense.exe. Good luck :)

Haus Party

• Bay Watcher
  • Haus cancels Write paper: Taken by Mood
    • View Profile
« Reply #3265 on: June 08, 2010, 12:29:14 pm »

This makes Mac users sad.  :(

Maxxeh

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3266 on: June 08, 2010, 06:28:51 pm »

Buying a Mac makes Mac users sad.  :(

Fix'd

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3267 on: June 08, 2010, 06:32:14 pm »

*blank expression, windows logo T-Shirt* Join us Haus Party.  Join us....

Retro

• Bay Watcher
  • o7
    • View Profile
« Reply #3268 on: June 08, 2010, 06:42:12 pm »

Hey, want to know what's not relevant to Stonesense? Another OS fight.

FallingWhale

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3269 on: June 08, 2010, 10:24:48 pm »

I tried reinstalling
Pages: 1 ... 216 217 [218] 219 220 ... 379